Page 313 of 333 FirstFirst ... 311312313314315 ... LastLast
Results 3,745 to 3,756 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well I'm guessing you just check the Oakland scores and just assume every player is bad on that team. I've watched some Raiders games on rewind, he looks really good.
    He doesn't have a raven personality

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Sword of Light will personally supervise the young man for a percentage of his draft earnings.
    Ill do it for 3% of his rookie contract he signs after being drafted in the top 5 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Or trade up and get Lane Johnson! You pay Flacco the big money, you invest in the trenches IMO. I was dead against this move a few weeks back, but if we manage to free some cap space up and get Flacco signed, we can fill holes at DT in FA, and trade up for your franchise LT. I have no idea where Johnson where abouts in the top 15 Johnson will be going, but the Ravens did have a formal meeting with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ill do it for 3% of his rookie contract he signs after being drafted in the top 5 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll take two percent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    He doesn't have a raven personality
    Right, just like Jamal Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Courtney Upshaw (who all committed worse crimes than this minor one) don't/didn't fit the "Raven mentality"?

Blog Entries

Or trade up and get Lane Johnson! You pay Flacco the big money, you invest in the trenches IMO. I was dead against this move a few weeks back, but if we manage to free some cap space up and get Flacco signed, we can fill holes at DT in FA, and trade up for your franchise LT. I have no idea where Johnson where abouts in the top 15 Johnson will be going, but the Ravens did have a formal meeting with him.
    I will say this, the Ravens definitely need a franchise LT. Some teams can get away with 'adequate' LT play, because of the offensive system they run. For example, Tom Brady does not have an All Pro LT, but he is only asked to step up in the pocket quickly and make 5-10 yards throws. Deeper QB drops come with the deeper throws that Joe is asked to make and that puts him right in the face of edge rushers if he doesn't have someone really good on that left side. Teams like Baltimore, San Diego and Detroit could benefit more from a higher quality LT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Right, just like Jamal Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Courtney Upshaw (who all committed worse crimes than this minor one) don't/didn't fit the "Raven mentality"?
    3 players out of the hundreds that have grace the ravens roster? Okay.

My current (and ever-changing) draft list for the Ravens. If they move around a bit, they could come up with this, and I would be fairly satisfied. There are other players I like more, but I'm trying to think realistically about where the Ravens pick and who would be available.

Alec Ogletree (LB, Georgia)
    DJ Swearinger (S, South Carolina)
    Chris Faulk (OT, LSU)
    Zaviar Gooden (LB, Missouri)
    Corey Fuller (WR, Virginia Tech)
    David Bass (DE, Missouri Western)
    Kwame Geathers (DT, Georgia)

Blog Entries

What did Suggs do?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What did Suggs do?
    I'm guessing he's referring to this incident

http://bustedcoverage.com/2008/02/25...ve-never-seen/

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The McKinnie issue might be a 'If we're going to have to spend at the position, as good as you played, we want someone we can trust, like Jake Long'.
    Where are we getting money to sign a guy like Jake Long?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    My current (and ever-changing) draft list for the Ravens. If they move around a bit, they could come up with this, and I would be fairly satisfied. There are other players I like more, but I'm trying to think realistically about where the Ravens pick and who would be available.

Alec Ogletree (LB, Georgia)
    DJ Swearinger (S, South Carolina)
    Chris Faulk (OT, LSU)
    Zaviar Gooden (LB, Missouri)
    Corey Fuller (WR, Virginia Tech)
    David Bass (DE, Missouri Western)
    Kwame Geathers (DT, Georgia)
    I want no part of Gooden...he reminds me of Tavares Gooden. Great athlete, soft with non-existent football IQ.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.