Page 307 of 333 FirstFirst ... 305306307308309 ... LastLast
Results 3,673 to 3,684 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I'm guessing you mean Kevin Dorsey, not the former noodle-armed Miami Qb.

That's the bulk of them. Furstenburg could be a nice H-back selection for the Ravens. And I hope we grab Vellano. If nothing else he'll be a great practice player that will push everyone, effort wise.
    Yes, I did mean Kevin Dorsey. I don't know that he'd make a team anywhere, but I figure if LaQuan Williams can hang with a team then Dorsey may be able to as well.

Agreed about Vellano. He needs to be a Raven.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I really think Chip Kelly is going to reach (maybe/maybe not, actually) and grab a familiar face - Dion Jordan. The guy is a heck of an athlete, Kelly coached him in college, and he is definitely a first round talent the Eagles could use.
    a b, saw this today :
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-in-my-heart/
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Here are the names of players the Ravens have met with (either at the Senior Bowl, E/W Shrine Game, or the Combine):
    Oday Aboushi, G/OT, Virginia (COM)
    Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (COM)
    Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon (SR)
    Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers (SR)
    Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (SR)
    Michael Buchanan, DL, Illinois (SR)
    Tank Carradine, DL, Florida State (COM)
    Braxston Cave, OL, Notre Dame (SR)
    Jordan Devey, OL, Memphis (EW)
    Matt Elam, DB, Florida (COM)
    Lavar Edwards, DL, LSU (SR)
    Josh Evans, DB, Florida (COM)
    D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama (COM)
    Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech (COM)
    Dwayne Gratz#, DB, Connecticut (SR)
    Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (SR)
    Wes Horton, DL, USC (EW)
    Margus Hunt, DL, SMU (COM)
    Brandon Jenkins, DL, Florida State (COM)
    Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
    Tavarres King, WR, Georgia (SR)
    Alex Okafor, DL, Texas (SR)
    Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (SR)
    Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College (INT)
    Justin Pugh#, OL, Syracuse (SR)
    Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina (COM)
    David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (SR)
    Brian Schwenke, OL, California (SR)
    D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina (COM)
    Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
    Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
    Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas (COM)
    Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (SR)
    Menelik Watson, OL, Florida State (COM)
    Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (SR)
    Brennan Williams, OL, North Carolina (COM)
    Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State (EW)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here are the names of players the Ravens have met with (either at the Senior Bowl, E/W Shrine Game, or the Combine):
    Oday Aboushi, G/OT, Virginia (COM)
    Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (COM)
    Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon (SR)
    Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers (SR)
    Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (SR)
    Michael Buchanan, DL, Illinois (SR)
    Tank Carradine, DL, Florida State (COM)
    Braxston Cave, OL, Notre Dame (SR)
    Jordan Devey, OL, Memphis (EW)
    Matt Elam, DB, Florida (COM)
    Lavar Edwards, DL, LSU (SR)
    Josh Evans, DB, Florida (COM)
    D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama (COM)
    Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech (COM)
    Dwayne Gratz#, DB, Connecticut (SR)
    Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (SR)
    Wes Horton, DL, USC (EW)
    Margus Hunt, DL, SMU (COM)
    Brandon Jenkins, DL, Florida State (COM)
    Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
    Tavarres King, WR, Georgia (SR)
    Alex Okafor, DL, Texas (SR)
    Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (SR)
    Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College (INT)
    Justin Pugh#, OL, Syracuse (SR)
    Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina (COM)
    David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (SR)
    Brian Schwenke, OL, California (SR)
    D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina (COM)
    Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
    Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
    Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas (COM)
    Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (SR)
    Menelik Watson, OL, Florida State (COM)
    Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (SR)
    Brennan Williams, OL, North Carolina (COM)
    Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State (EW)
    Interesting that ILB Kevin Minter isn't on that list. I would have thought that the Ravens would have been interested in him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Interesting that ILB Kevin Minter isn't on that list. I would have thought that the Ravens would have been interested in him.
    Neither is Sio Moore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

In this draft game of deception, you never know if the Ravens sent someone to talk to Minter off-the-record... Bc

Blog Entries

Doesn't look like there are any inside linebackers on that list.

That list obviously isn't complete...I've read tweets verfying that we've met with Teo and Reddick among others.

Teams interview upwards of 60 players at the combine...there is no way we'll know all of our interviews.

Also, don't forget the visits to team facilities starting basically right after the combine. I think each team gets 30 of those.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    When did I ever say Ozzie ignores needs? OLB was a need for sure, but not as big as LG, so while he does think of needs, he would rather take the player on his board that would fill maybe a more minor need over a guy that would fill an immediate need (which LG was last season).

3-4 DE isn't as big as a need as FS, ILB, and OT appear to be, but its still an area we could do with more play makers at. Arthur Jones and McPhee are solid players, but we need to upgrade the middle of the line, maybe we could move Ngata inside and play a Datone Jones and Arthur Jones on the edges. DT is a huge need eitehr way and is up there with FS, and ILB IMO.
    OLB was as much of a need as OG. That is why many thought the Ravens would reach and take Upshaw with the first. Very few OGs go in the first round. It is easier to find a starting OG than a starting OLB. The Ravens had a huge hole where JJ played the previous year. Kruger had not shown any signs of being able to hold down the OLB spot opposite Suggs. Needs absolutely go into consideration. The Ravens drafted OLB and OG with their first two picks. It is not ironic that both are in spots where they had the greatest need. The Ravens take need into consideration with just about every pick up to round 5. It may not be an immediate starter need but it will be a position that they expect to need a starter in the next year or two.

Blog Entries

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...riots/1948879/

Does Tom Brady's restructured deal affect Joe Flacco and his negotiations with the Baltimore Ravens?

Not in the least, says Flacco's agent.

"There's no impact whatsoever on what we're doing," Joe Linta, Flacco's agent, told USA TODAY Sports. "It doesn't matter. It's an extension for cap purposes. And we don't know all the details at this point.

"The bottom line is, whether Brady took a pay cut or took $27 million a year, it wouldn't have an impact on what we're doing. We've determined a number that we think is fair with respect for the Ravens' cap situation."

BELL: Brady's contract puts Flacco in a bind

As first reported by Sports Illustrated's Peter King and confirmed by USA TODAY Sports, Brady, the 35-year-old quarterback of the New England Patriots, has agreed to a three-year extension worth $27 million, averaging less than half the $20 million-per-season rate Flacco hopes to eclipse this year.

Linta met with Baltimore's brass during the scouting combine in Indianapolis with hopes of striking a new deal for his client on the heels of Flacco's Super Bowl MVP performance vs. the San Francisco 49ers earlier this month. The Ravens have until March 4 to use either the exclusive or non-exclusive versions of the franchise tag on the quarterback.

Linta says negotiations are "going fine" with no new meeting on the schedule. For now.

"Nobody yelled," he says of the combine talks. "We're moving forward. This thing could be done in three minutes or three years."

The Ravens have several pending free agents beyond Flacco, including defensive lynchpins Ed Reed, Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe. Linta says Flacco, 28, doesn't wish to weaken the roster with a new contract.

"Joe's not that kind of guy," Linta says. "Joe absolutely wants to work with the Ravens to ensure that they're not impacted cap-wise. Joe doesn't want to see anybody get cut as a result of this deal."

What's David Amerson's FS value?

If you have a few mins then give this a listen and look. These are SN guys talking about him and breaking down a few of his big plays from 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWY2V...ture=endscreen

He's a heady-player according to this breakdown, and you can get an indication on why he's been both feast and famine in college. One could also claim that he has a lot of "Ed Reed the chess player" in him too. He's got the range and straight line speed. He's also a high pointer. I've only watched this and his 2011 (vs. Louisville) bowl game so far, but he transitions into run support pretty quickly and seems to be looking for a big hit more often than not. He's made a nice open field tackle and he has missed one.

He needs to learn when to not gamble and how to play a bit more controlled. He won't be 22 until week 13 or so.

As an alternative, or even a complement, I still think that we will sign an affordable vet in the summer who will be our starter, and we would go to camp with:

1. Mid-Tier vet (2 year deal)
    2. Thompson
    3. Amerson

In what round would you want him?