Page 306 of 333 FirstFirst ... 304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,672 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Because Ozzie doesn't draft for needs maybe?
    Your gettin way to worked up on that..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Your gettin way to worked up on that..
    How lol?

Ozzie wouldn't have drafted Courtney Upshaw last year and would have picked Cordy Glenn if he really valued needs over his board. We had a bigger hole at LG than we did at OLB (this was before Suggs was hurt and was coming off a DPOY season).

How lol?

Ozzie wouldn't have drafted Courtney Upshaw last year and would have picked Cordy Glenn if he really valued needs over his board. We had a bigger hole at LG than we did at OLB (this was before Suggs was hurt and was coming off a DPOY season).
    or maybe they had upshaw just a heck of a lot higher than Glenn and considering both were needs took the far higher rated guy?

You say this as if Ozzie just ignores needs when he doesn't. Needs go into consideration in the rankings for a start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    or maybe they had upshaw just a heck of a lot higher than Glenn and considering both were needs took the far higher rated guy?

You say this as if Ozzie just ignores needs when he doesn't. Needs go into consideration in the rankings for a start.
    When did I ever say Ozzie ignores needs? OLB was a need for sure, but not as big as LG, so while he does think of needs, he would rather take the player on his board that would fill maybe a more minor need over a guy that would fill an immediate need (which LG was last season).

3-4 DE isn't as big as a need as FS, ILB, and OT appear to be, but its still an area we could do with more play makers at. Arthur Jones and McPhee are solid players, but we need to upgrade the middle of the line, maybe we could move Ngata inside and play a Datone Jones and Arthur Jones on the edges. DT is a huge need eitehr way and is up there with FS, and ILB IMO.

Blog Entries

Because Ozzie doesn't draft for needs maybe?
    He has also shown a propensity for signing veteran free agents that can provide depth.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

How lol?

Not necessarily. We needed a run-stopper after JJ left, and that's exactly what Upshaw was brought in for. I think Ozzie does consider need (remember Torrey and Jimmy Smith last year?), but doesn't let that get in his way if there's a really, really good player on the board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Not necessarily. We needed a run-stopper after JJ left, and that's exactly what Upshaw was brought in for. I think Ozzie does consider need (remember Torrey and Jimmy Smith last year?), but doesn't let that get in his way if there's a really, really good player on the board.
    I think Ozzie had Upshaw higher on his board than he did Glenn, thats why he took him IMO. The hole at LG was much bigger, and the Ravens tried to fill that hole and had a few guys in for visit in FA, including one of the best guards in football and were going to offer a substantial amount of money for. That still didn't stop them from picking a Jarrett Johnson replacement which was indeed a need, but remember, they had Suggs coming off a DPOY season (before his injury) and Kruger coming off a 6 sack year in a rotational role, plus they had some OK depth behind them both. I think Albert McClellan would have filled the JJ role had we not drafted Upshaw.

KO was seen as a need pick, but again, nobody expected him to start most of the season at RT, nobody expected McKinnie to be benched in favor of Michael Oher at RT, so I think KO was clearly someone that was high on their board that they jumped at when he fell to us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He has also shown a propensity for signing veteran free agents that can provide depth.
    Very true, but I think Cullen Jenkins may be too expensive to be a rotational player.

Plus I think signing Jenkins would be a step back for the development of guys like Arthur Jones. You may as well had re-signed Cory Redding last year if you want to bring in another vet at the 3-4 LDE position.

Blog Entries
    What Terps are in this draft?

I know Joe Vellano and AJ Francis are gunning to be in the NFL (probably as UDFA's).

I know Matt Furstenburg did decently at the combine...

Kenny Tate?
    Ken Dorsey?
    Demeteius Hartsfield?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

. . . just because Chip Kelly signed Dennis Dixon and kept Vick doesn't mean that he wouldn't consider jumping at the chance to take this year's best QB . . .
    I really think Chip Kelly is going to reach (maybe/maybe not, actually) and grab a familiar face - Dion Jordan. The guy is a heck of an athlete, Kelly coached him in college, and he is definitely a first round talent the Eagles could use.

What Terps are in this draft?

I know Joe Vellano and AJ Francis are gunning to be in the NFL (probably as UDFA's).

I know Matt Furstenburg did decently at the combine...

Kenny Tate?
    Ken Dorsey
    Demeteius Hartsfield?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I'm guessing you mean Kevin Dorsey, not the former noodle-armed Miami Qb.

That's the bulk of them. Furstenburg could be a nice H-back selection for the Ravens. And I hope we grab Vellano. If nothing else he'll be a great practice player that will push everyone, effort wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I really think Chip Kelly is going to reach (maybe/maybe not, actually) and grab a familiar face - Dion Jordan. The guy is a heck of an athlete, Kelly coached him in college, and he is definitely a first round talent the Eagles could use.
    I could certainly see that.