Page 305 of 333 FirstFirst ... 303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 3,649 to 3,660 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just saw that.

Dude isn't worth a lot of $$$ anymore considering his age, but he was very good in Green Bay's 3-4. I would be interested in him on a 1-2 year vet min deal.
    This smells like a typical Ozzie acquisition come training camp time. Could be a slight upgrade over Maake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind geno smith will be a top 5 pick.

People have short memories. I keep hearing how there's no sure thing QB prospects. When is there?? Last year was an absolute anomaly, not the norm.

In 2011 Jake locker and Blaine Gabbert were top ten picks. Christian Ponder 12th overall??? If Glennon were in that draft he would have gone before ponder just on upside alone, and he's what, the third, fourth best QB prospect this year?

There is going to be two QBs taken in the top ten is my guess, probably 4 in the first round. I set the QB O/U at 3.
    Smith in the top 5? I seriously doubt it. KC, Jacksonville, Oakland, Philly and Detroit round out your first 5. Oakland, Philly and Detroit are not in the market for a QB. KC and Jacksonsville are but Geno Smith is no way worthy of a #1 or #2 pick. Yes teams will definately reach for a QB in the first round but not the top 5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This smells like a typical Ozzie acquisition come training camp time. Could be a slight upgrade over Maake.
    He provides more of a pass rush than Ma'ake does.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Smith in the top 5? I seriously doubt it. KC, Jacksonville, Oakland, Philly and Detroit round out your first 5. Oakland, Philly and Detroit are not in the market for a QB. KC and Jacksonsville are but Geno Smith is no way worthy of a #1 or #2 pick. Yes teams will definately reach for a QB in the first round but not the top 5.
    I could see Geno going in the top 5.

You have to consider that Oakland picks in the top 5 and Cleveland is sitting there at 6.

Both Arizona and Philly could try to trade up ahead of Oakland or Cleveland.

I think if Geno is there at 6, Cleveland would definitely take him.

Regarding Oakland and Philly: Why wouldn't they take Geno? Carson Palmer is already in jeopardy of losing out to Terrelle Pryor...why not bring in Geno Smith to compete? Secondly, just because Chip Kelly signed Dennis Dixon and kept Vick doesn't mean that he wouldn't consider jumping at the chance to take this year's best QB. Geno isn't as athletic as Vick or Dixon, but he is a much better passing QB.

I could see Geno going in the top 5.

You have to consider that Oakland picks in the top 5 and Cleveland is sitting there at 6.

Both Arizona and Philly could try to trade up ahead of Oakland or Cleveland.

I think if Geno is there at 6, Cleveland would definitely take him.

Regarding Oakland and Philly: Why wouldn't they take Geno? Carson Palmer is already in jeopardy of losing out to Terrelle Pryor...why not bring in Geno Smith to compete? Secondly, just because Chip Kelly signed Dennis Dixon and kept Vick doesn't mean that he wouldn't consider jumping at the chance to take this year's best QB. Geno isn't as athletic as Vick or Dixon, but he is a much better passing QB.
    Well I guess we'll agree to disagree. You can make strong arguements for Cleveland, Buffalo and Arizona and the Jets to jump into the top 5 to grab Geno Smith. The cost would be exhorbitant. Geno Smith is not worth the extra draft picks in my opinion. Perhaps I'll change my tune once he goes through the combine and his pro day. At the end of the day all it takes is for one team to value him as a top 5 pick.

Blog Entries

He and Maake play different positions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Alex Smith is a good fit for Andy Reid's system.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Cullen Jenkins seems to be official.

Blog Entries

No point in adding Cullen jenkins to the roster, he's not a NT, he would have to play 3-4 DE here, and its not really our biggest need, we need a big bodied NT who can eat up blockers, Cullen isn't that player. If we get a 3-4 end, it will likely be through the draft like a Datone Jones, or Margus Hunt.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't think he will. Look at the teams at the top of the draft, especially if KC gets a QB in free agency. Those teams need Olinemen and perhaps Dline. I don't see Smith in the top 5 picks
    i said top 10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No point in adding Cullen jenkins to the roster, he's not a NT, he would have to play 3-4 DE here, and its not really our biggest need, we need a big bodied NT who can eat up blockers, Cullen isn't that player. If we get a 3-4 end, it will likely be through the draft like a Datone Jones, or Margus Hunt.
    Well, why draft Hunt or Jones when that isn't our biggest need?

Blog Entries

Well, why draft Hunt or Jones when that isn't our biggest need?
    Because Ozzie doesn't draft for needs maybe?