Page 300 of 333 FirstFirst ... 298299300301302 ... LastLast
Results 3,589 to 3,600 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Is he the guy with the spine problem? Seems like a big injury risk if so.
    He does but was cleared by doctors to resume his career, if he's there in the 4th or 5th i'd take my chances i can get 4 or 5 years out of him

Blog Entries

I would take ProFootballTalk's spin on the negotiations with a grain of salt. They've really gone out of their way to stir up controversy with the negotiations overall. I don't think it's personal. I just think that there's not much going on, leading to some reaching on their part.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Alright, let's try to think about how we could fit eleven rookies on this team.

At least, one defensive tackle could make it. Two, to be honest, Kemoeatu is gone and Cody is on the rocks. You might be able to get two ILBs on the final 53. One safety should be able to make it. One tackle. Maybe one WR. That's seven, before we even get into Undrafted Free Agents.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

At least, one defensive tackle could make it. Two, to be honest, Kemoeatu is gone and Cody is on the rocks. You might be able to get two ILBs on the final 53. One safety should be able to make it. One tackle. Maybe one WR. That's seven, before we even get into Undrafted Free Agents.
    Hold on, let me copy my current projected roster.

As usual, I think there may be room for one or two undrafted rookies, and I think we use 7 picks in the draft, now way do we use 11 picks IMO.

we could use at least one G/C combo and a blocking TE as well.

And a FB/H-back if Leach is cut.

We are definitely losing 2 offensive linemen (Birk, Williams), maybe 3 (McKinnie) and a 4th is no bet to make the roster (Harewood). We certainly can see more than just one offensive linemen. We have no proven OLB backup.

There is definitely space for 8-9-10-11 if they do a good job with this draft
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We are definitely losing 2 offensive linemen (Birk, Williams), maybe 3 (McKinnie) and a 4th is no bet to make the roster (Harewood). We certainly can see more than just one offensive linemen. We have no proven OLB backup.

There is definitely space for 8-9-10-11 if they do a good job with this draft
    However, that's not counting veteran FAs or undrafted FAs.

However, that's not counting veteran FAs or undrafted FAs.
    All of the vets and EFAs at the bottom of the roster are not guaranteed roster spots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I think 7 to 9 rookies could make the team with another couple to the practice squad. I think it's a good chance the Ravens take a developmental QB late who maybe wont make the team but make the practice squad year 1. I can also see the same thing happen with a late round FB/H-Back.

Blog Entries

Now there are "reports" GB might franchise Greg Jennings.

I am pretty sure he has already sold his house in Wisc. and was dead set on Free Agency, so these "reports" make me skeptical.

From now until Free Agency, all of these "reports" have to be taken with a grain of salt. The sources are never listed, and anything leaked could merely be a behind the scenes bargaining ploy.

Same goes for Flacco, draft picks, etc. You never know what is true and what is being artificially "reported".

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Now there are "reports" GB might franchise Greg Jennings.

I am pretty sure he has already sold his house in Wisc. and was dead set on Free Agency, so these "reports" make me skeptical.

From now until Free Agency, all of these "reports" have to be taken with a grain of salt. The sources are never listed, and anything leaked could merely be a behind the scenes bargaining ploy.

Same goes for Flacco, draft picks, etc. You never know what is true and what is being artificially "reported".
    If they are, I think it's only so they can trade his rights and get a draft pick for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blog Entries

La Canfora reporting 49ers already have a deal in place to move Smith, but the other team is unknown and it can't be processed until 3/12.