Page 298 of 333 FirstFirst ... 296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 3,565 to 3,576 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I still HIGHLY doubt Jarvis Jones will fall to us anyway. If Bruce Irvin went in the first round last year, Jarvis Jones will be gone in the top 15. Can't see the likes of Rex Ryan passing up on Jarvis Jones.
    You're probably right about that. A guy can hope, though... if you can't tell I might even be a little TOO high on Jones. Again, based purely on production and what I've seen on film I think he's the best defensive prospect in the class.

If Jones does fall past Pittsburgh, if I were Ozzie I would trade up 7 or 8 spots to get Jones. That would cost them their 2nd, or less if it's fewer spots up. I wouldn't trade up into the top 15 though, that would be too costly.

Blog Entries

If Jarvis Jones is in striking range within 4 picks, I'd do it. I agree, he is a very good pure FOOTBALL player. Maybe the best, although I think Sharriff Floyd is pretty good too.

Blog Entries

I will admit that Terrell Suggs was far more one dimensional than he is now, when he came out of Arizona State. It took him a couple of years to play the run better and it took him another couple of years to play better in coverage.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I actually think that there will be someone affordable, of consequence, in Free Agency. The Saints have said that they will not likely use the tag on Bushrod. That puts, Albert, Bushrod, Beatty and Long on the open market, with Bryant McKinnie. There will probably be some older LT options out there as well. I would take a Jordan Gross over a King Dunlap, for example.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Suggs was a beast in the weight room and is a big guy though, a lot of that improvement in run defense was done in the gym as well as on the practice field. Jarvis Jones is a small guy for a pass rusher, and supposedly doesn't like working out much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Suggs was a beast in the weight room and is a big guy though, a lot of that improvement in run defense was done in the gym as well as on the practice field. Jarvis Jones is a small guy for a pass rusher, and supposedly doesn't like working out much.
    Now, work ethic issues would be a legitimate concern for me. Especially, in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I actually think that there will be someone affordable, of consequence, in Free Agency. The Saints have said that they will not likely use the tag on Bushrod. That puts, Albert, Bushrod, Beatty and Long on the open market, with Bryant McKinnie. There will probably be some older LT options out there as well. I would take a Jordan Gross over a King Dunlap, for example.
    Bushrod is worse then Oher.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

And likely to be retained by New Orleans.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And likely to be retained by New Orleans.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Dude should split his check with Drew Brees...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily trying to rank them. Whether or not we feel that he is not good, he is a name 'of consequence'. The point I am trying to make is that when you combine an un-elevated salary cap, with teams trying to shed cap, with a flooded LT market, the price goes down and the possibility for the Ravens to get someone good without paying the usual price increases.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If that happens, I'm sure they will make a trade for Alex Smith. The question is who gets Cassel? Browns? Cardinals?