Page 292 of 333 FirstFirst ... 290291292293294 ... LastLast
Results 3,493 to 3,504 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Random thought: Is it just me, or do the Ravens get more value for their draft picks than the Atlanta Falcons?
    I think Atlanta has done an ok job with drafting.

They've got some good players on their team.

I think that they've fallen short on the D, though. Weatherspoon, William Moore, and Brent Grimes have been their best players on D. Peria Jerry was a high pick and I don't even think he plays. Jamaal Anderson was a top 8 pick and I don't even know if he is in the league anymore. They spent a high pick on Curtis Lofton, who is now with the Saints.

Kroy Bierman was a 5th or 6th round pick and he's been solid. Thomas DeCoud is solid.

Some other guys who flamed out:
    Chevis Jackson (3rd round pick)
    David Irons (6th round pick)
    Larence Sidbury (4th rounder)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I forgot all about Peria Jerry. They trade the house for Julio Jones and we get similar production from Torrey Smith, along with an even more similar impact. It has almost become a sin to leave either one single covered, in a matter of two years. The Ravens got Torrey Smith with their original second round pick. The Falcons take Ryan in the top ten. The Ravens trade down and still get Joe Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think the consequence of moving up for Julio Jones, who has been very good for them, was that they didn't have the picks, the past two seasons, to help upgrade a defense that desperately needed to be upgraded.

They are really going to need to hit on some guys this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I wonder if Linta and the Ravens are meeting now?

Blog Entries

It will be interesting to see what Kansas City decides to do with Brandon Albert. If, for whatever reason, Albert signs with another team, that could increase the chances of the Chiefs taking the top LT. Now, with Albert hitting Free Agency, that could potentially drive Jake Long's price down even farther, because of his injuries.

I think the consequence of moving up for Julio Jones, who has been very good for them, was that they didn't have the picks, the past two seasons, to help upgrade a defense that desperately needed to be upgraded.

They are really going to need to hit on some guys this year.
    I see the opportunity to get a prospect like Jones or Green as well worth a couple of late 1st round picks and change. The really good WR prospects are just not available later. There are always guys picked late who produce, but if you want a Megatron of your own, you have to go up in the draft to get it when they come around.

The Falcons certainly have not fallen off because of a lack of depth. They came up a little short of getting to the SB, this year, but they did not look incapable of getting there and winning it to me.

I know the Ravens are very unlikely to trade up, but if there is a prospect that Oz thinks may be the next J.O. or whoever, I do not think he would rule out making a deal if the there is a decent one to be made. In a situation where you are talking about one of the high positional value prospects like a franchise LT, DE, CB or QB, I think there is a much more valid risk/ reward ratio now that we are not talking 40-50 mil gauranteed. You may get a franchise LT and pay a fraction of what it would cost on the open market.

:T2:

Blog Entries

ESPN is reporting that the Ravens are meeting with Joe Linta today. Given what time it is, they may have already met, or are meeting as these words are typed.

Blog Entries
    ESPN is reporting that the Ravens are meeting with Joe Linta today. Given what time it is, they may have already met, or are meeting as these words are typed.
    They said it would be tonight. Could be happening now like you said. Who knows. It's been radio silence for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    They said it would be tonight. Could be happening now like you said. Who knows. It's been radio silence for awhile.

Ozzie: Now that we have the real deal breaker out of the way (Cameron), I think we can settle this amicably.
    Linta: Agreed.

Blog Entries
    @evansilva: #Chiefs "appear to be the most interested team" in Alex Smith & are "unlikely" to draft a quarterback No. 1 overall: http://t.co/nUm2cw5PL0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @evansilva: #Chiefs "appear to be the most interested team" in Alex Smith & are "unlikely" to draft a quarterback No. 1 overall: http://t.co/nUm2cw5PL0

They all come out with high demands for guys they need to move, declaring that they won't move them for less than 'xyz'.

At the end of the day, they have to move Smith. They'll take what they can get. If KC gives them a fourth, they'll take it. That makes Joekel a Chief, Albert a FA and Long a less expensive FA that could join the Ravens.

Blog Entries
    @ProFootballTalk: Ravens, Linta meet Friday night in Indy http://t.co/rxByLX4hG0