Page 290 of 333 FirstFirst ... 288289290291292 ... LastLast
Results 3,469 to 3,480 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Ok I see you guys mean Ellerbe. I disagree, and he's certainly not "much better" at all, Witherspoon didn't have anywhere near the impact Ellerbe had on this defense when he came back healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    If you want to move up in the first round you better be prepared to not only give up some of this year's picks but a high round pick next year. I don't think Ozzie will do that this year.
    Agreed.

The quality of the draft this year seems to be such that the difference between the 8th pick and the 28th pick isn't all that much. There is going to be a good player the Ravens could use in any of those spots, so moving up more than a couple spots seems wasteful. It might even be that the strength of the draft is in rounds two and three, so trading back may be the direction the Ravens go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

I remember a few years ago when everyone wanted Torrey Smith in the first round and he was still sitting there in the second. You just never know.

Also, if the Ravens want to take a flyer on a local guy, there is always Woodlawn High Schools' Corey Fuller (WR, VA Tech). The guy can fly (track dude at Kansas before transferring) and he's a bit raw, but he has some nice hands, his routes aren't all that bad, and he's probably better than Tommy Streeter.
    Ravens already interviewed him once. I like him too as a late rounder.

There are also other players of similar build and skill sets to Austin.

Marquise Goodwin out of Texas and Markus Wheaton out of Oregon State come to mind.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Also, if the Ravens want to take a flyer on a local guy, there is always Woodlawn High Schools' Corey Fuller (WR, VA Tech). The guy can fly (track dude at Kansas before transferring) and he's a bit raw, but he has some nice hands, his routes aren't all that bad, and he's probably better than Tommy Streeter.
    I think I saw on Twitter they met today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ok I see you guys mean Ellerbe. I disagree, and he's certainly not "much better" at all, Witherspoon didn't have anywhere near the impact Ellerbe had on this defense when he came back healthy.
    If you put Weatherspoon on the Ravens, you have a dominant pro bowler at ILB. The guy is a good all around LB.

Ellerbe is good, but he nowhere near the complete player that Weatherspoon is.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If you put Weatherspoon on the Ravens, you have a dominant pro bowler at ILB. The guy is a good all around LB.

Ellerbe is good, but he nowhere near the complete player that Weatherspoon is.

When has WItherspoon made the pro bowl?

And please enlighten me with how he's much more complete than Ellerbe? I will give you coverage, but Ellerbe is a much better run defender, its not even close, and A gap blitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I know it is unlikely they jump into the top 10, but with the wage scale, the contracts are no longer an obstacle, and 11 pick is more roster spots than they normally fill in the draft. If Oz has Warmack graded as a HOF level talent and he is there at 7 or 8 and a team is willing to deal, who knows.

The thing you have to love about the draft is no one knows how it will shake out until it happens and then how it plays out takes a lot longer. Looking back at the draft that got Flacco and Rice, how crazy a ride does that look like now in hindsight. They obviously loved them both, but gambled big time moving all around the first 2 rounds to get them.
    Nobody grades rookies as HOF players.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

And please enlighten me
    What, The Excellector doesn't enlighten you enough as it is?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What, The Excellector doesn't enlighten you enough as it is?
    trust the sword he says

Blog Entries

trust the sword he says
    It's true!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

There may be players in this draft with comparable measurable features and speed as Tavon Austin, but I don't see the WR in this draft with that, plus so many of the intangible attributes that he brings to the table. His instincts, vision and savvy, in my opinion, set him apart from the crowd. His ability to set up blocks when he's in space and even use his quickness to set up running lanes in open space.

He just has way too many elements to his game that can't be taught. I don't know if he will be available in the first or the second, but he needs to be drafted by the Ravens.

If the Ravens take Tavon Austin, you might as well say goodbye to Jacoby Jones and his $4M cap hit. Not that I am advocating that; it's just reality.