Page 289 of 333 FirstFirst ... 287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 3,457 to 3,468 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

If I'm trading up into the top 10 its for one of the three left tackles. The position with the biggest drop off. There is good guards could be had at 32 like the guy from Kentucky.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I know it is unlikely they jump into the top 10, but with the wage scale, the contracts are no longer an obstacle, and 11 pick is more roster spots than they normally fill in the draft. If Oz has Warmack graded as a HOF level talent and he is there at 7 or 8 and a team is willing to deal, who knows.

The thing you have to love about the draft is no one knows how it will shake out until it happens and then how it plays out takes a lot longer. Looking back at the draft that got Flacco and Rice, how crazy a ride does that look like now in hindsight. They obviously loved them both, but gambled big time moving all around the first 2 rounds to get them.
    Its nothing to do with the contract, its to do with what picks you give up. Championship teams aren't built like that. I doubt the Ravens will ever trade up more than 15 spots while Ozzie or even DeCosta is GM here It would be absolutely crazy to trade away a boat load of draft picks to land a player like Sharrif Floyd.

Atlanta gave up a horrendous amount to get Julio Jones who is a once in a lifetime prospect, and Atlanta sacrificed their defense for him, and fell short at the NFCCG, while the Ravens won the SB, as did the Giants the previous year who follow almost an identical approach to us. Atlanta have literally no defensive stars right now, apart from maybe Brent Grimes.

Blog Entries

I know it is unlikely they jump into the top 10, but with the wage scale, the contracts are no longer an obstacle, and 11 pick is more roster spots than they normally fill in the draft. If Oz has Warmack graded as a HOF level talent and he is there at 7 or 8 and a team is willing to deal, who knows.

The thing you have to love about the draft is no one knows how it will shake out until it happens and then how it plays out takes a lot longer. Looking back at the draft that got Flacco and Rice, how crazy a ride does that look like now in hindsight. They obviously loved them both, but gambled big time moving all around the first 2 rounds to get them.
    To go from 32 to 7 or 8 would require practically all of this year's draft and a significant amount of next year's draft.

If they are going to move that far, it better be for Eric Fisher or someone of that caliber. Chance Warmack is a great player, but we already have two standout guards. Why move that far up the board for a position that is already filled? Just seems wasteful.

Unless they envision KO as a LT, which I suppose is possible. I just wouldnt like the fact that they would be reinventing the wheel (again) with shuffling the OL.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If you want to move up in the first round you better be prepared to not only give up some of this year's picks but a high round pick next year. I don't think Ozzie will do that this year.

Blog Entries

So, do we think that San Fransisco and New England both pass on Austin in the first?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Its nothing to do with the contract, its to do with what picks you give up. Championship teams aren't built like that. I doubt the Ravens will ever trade up more than 15 spots while Ozzie or even DeCosta is GM here It would be absolutely crazy to trade away a boat load of draft picks to land a player like Sharrif Floyd.

Atlanta gave up a horrendous amount to get Julio Jones who is a once in a lifetime prospect, and Atlanta sacrificed their defense for him, and fell short at the NFCCG, while the Ravens won the SB, as did the Giants the previous year who follow almost an identical approach to us. Atlanta have literally no defensive stars right now, apart from maybe Brent Grimes.
    William Moore and Sean Weatherspoon are good young players.

Grimes didnt even play last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To go from 32 to 7 or 8 would require practically all of this year's draft and a significant amount of next year's draft.

If they are going to move that far, it better be for Eric Fisher or someone of that caliber. Chance Warmack is a great player, but we already have two standout guards. Why move that far up the board for a position that is already filled? Just seems wasteful.

Unless they envision KO as a LT, which I suppose is possible. I just wouldnt like the fact that they would be reinventing the wheel (again) with shuffling the OL.

Its not going to happen, and I thank god that Ozzie is our GM and not half the people who post here with these kind of ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Wicked...I have the utmost respect for your opinions, .......AND I believe that NO WAY is Austin still there at 62. Hope you're right.
    I remember a few years ago when everyone wanted Torrey Smith in the first round and he was still sitting there in the second. You just never know.

Also, if the Ravens want to take a flyer on a local guy, there is always Woodlawn High Schools' Corey Fuller (WR, VA Tech). The guy can fly (track dude at Kansas before transferring) and he's a bit raw, but he has some nice hands, his routes aren't all that bad, and he's probably better than Tommy Streeter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    William Moore and Sean Weatherspoon are good young players.

Grimes didnt even play last year.

Weatherspoon is probably on a par with Ellerbe, and yeah totally forgot about Moore, he's one of the better safeties in the league for sure. Grimes when healthy is a great corner, he's like our Webb, that's why I included him.

Still its nothing to write home about.

Other than those players, which one of them would start on a fully healthy Ravens defense for example?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, do we think that San Fransisco and New England both pass on Austin in the first?
    Because NE is probably giving up on Lloyd too, I think they would be looking at bigger receivers. Same with San Fran. They have three smallish, slot receivers already on the books...including last year's round 1 pick.

I think the Niners target someone like Justin Harper or Cordarelle Patterson over Austin.

I think Witherspoon is a significantly better player at this point. Certainly WAY more proven and more reliable over his career.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Weatherspoon is probably on a par with Ellerbe, and yeah totally forgot about Moore, he's one of the better safeties in the league for sure. Grimes when healthy is a great corner, he's like our Webb, that's why I included him.

Still its nothing to write home about.
    Weatherapoon is much better than Ellerbe. The guy can actually drop into coverage effectively. I would love a LB like Weatherspoon.