Page 288 of 333 FirstFirst ... 286287288289290 ... LastLast
Results 3,445 to 3,456 of 3987
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

However, we've seen the damage that a good quick slot WR can do. Will that reality rub off on GMs? It's certainly rubbed off on me enough to want him.
    Some fans also want Ozzie to trade up for Lane Johnson.

Fans were also appalled when he traded up for Bernard Pierce.

What fans want and what Ozzie does are two completely different things.

I would love to see Austin in a Raven's uniform. However, I am also of the mindset that most teams wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a 5'8"/5'9" receiver. Think about it. When was the last time a 5'8"/5'9" slot receiver/kick returner went in round 1?

DeSean Jackson was viewed as a similar type of player when he came out and he was a 2nd rounder.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

They're asking him about guys he's faced: Richardson, Floyd, Jesse Williams, Joseph, etc. Also maybe about Barrett Jones.
    I am sure they are interviewing him too.

There is no way he would drop, but if he did Ozzie would be all over him. He is arguably the best player in this draft.

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    First, Austin is great. I dont know if he is a 1st rounder though. Hia height is going to hurt him big time. I think he will be there jn the 2nd for the Ravens.
    Wicked...I have the utmost respect for your opinions, .......AND I believe that NO WAY is Austin still there at 62. Hope you're right.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post

Wicked...I have the utmost respect for your opinions, .......AND I believe that NO WAY is Austin still there at 62. Hope you're right.
    I dont know if he will fall that far either. Perhaps a bit of an overstatement ln my part.

What I think is a more reasonable scenario (for getting Austin) is doing what they did last year and trading back into round 2 and picking him there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Boldin, Torrey, Austin and Moss.

Even better.
    I don't think Santana Moss really fits our system and I KNOW that he's the only WR named Moss in the NFL right now who even deserves consideration from a sane or rational GM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I don't think Santana Moss really fits our system and I KNOW that he's the only WR named Moss in the NFL right now who even deserves consideration from a sane or rational GM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

:word

Blog Entries
    According to NFL.com, the Browns may be interested in trading Brandon Weedon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    According to NFL.com, the Browns may be interested in trading Brandon Weedon.

Wow. I've got a bag of footballs and some left over pizza.

I think Oz is looking hard at trading up. There does not seem to be 11 roster spots to fill if you break it down and we know Oz hates to cut draft picks. He also is pretty well known for moving up and down to target certain guys while mixing need and value perfectly in the bpa formula.

I would love to see the Ravens end up with Chance Warmack and Tavon Austin somehow. That would be so sick. One or the other would also be awesome IMO. It also looks like a good DT will fall to them at some point.

In my view the battle in the trenches is not just won with individual studs but the depth and lack of weak links. IMO the ol did not perform well even with the bookend tackles in place when Grubbs and Birk were hurting. Anytime Yanda was dinged up the OL went down a noticable notch. I think we have seen that you can shuffle them up and move them around as much as you need to and as long as you have 5 good ones and no bad ones, you have a very good OL and your studs and dominate for you.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I think Oz is looking hard at trading up. There does not seem to be 11 roster spots to fill if you break it down and we know Oz hates to cut draft picks. He also is pretty well known for moving up and down to target certain guys while mixing need and value perfectly in the bpa formula.

I would love to see the Ravens end up with Chance Warmack and Tavon Austin somehow. That would be so sick. One or the other would also be awesome IMO. It also looks like a good DT will fall to them at some point.

In my view the battle in the trenches is not just won with individual studs but the depth and lack of weak links. IMO the ol did not perform well even with the bookend tackles in place when Grubbs and Birk were hurting. Anytime Yanda was dinged up the OL went down a noticable notch. I think we have seen that you can shuffle them up and move them around as much as you need to and as long as you have 5 good ones and no bad ones, you have a very good OL and your studs and dominate for you.
    Ozzie wont trade up more than 5 spots in this draft if trading up is a consideration, I can't see a prospect worth trading up for this year, its a very stacked 2nd-4th round type draft, not a top heavy one. Not unless Eric Fisher or Joekel somehow falls.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ozzie wont trade up more than 5 spots in this draft if trading up is a consideration, I can't see a prospect worth trading up for this year, its a very stacked 2nd-4th round type draft, not a top heavy one. Not unless Eric Fisher or Joekel somehow falls.
    I know it is unlikely they jump into the top 10, but with the wage scale, the contracts are no longer an obstacle, and 11 pick is more roster spots than they normally fill in the draft. If Oz has Warmack graded as a HOF level talent and he is there at 7 or 8 and a team is willing to deal, who knows.

The thing you have to love about the draft is no one knows how it will shake out until it happens and then how it plays out takes a lot longer. Looking back at the draft that got Flacco and Rice, how crazy a ride does that look like now in hindsight. They obviously loved them both, but gambled big time moving all around the first 2 rounds to get them.

:T2: