Page 281 of 333 FirstFirst ... 279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,372 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Yes. There's risk there. But if we decide (as crazy as I think it would be) to let JJ AND Boldin go...?
    Blah. I should wait until FA starts before throwing these things around...:bag:
    DeCosta said yesterday that they are planning on Boldin being a Raven next year.

Someone asked "At his current salary?" and DeCosta replied "we'll have to see about that".

They're going to extend him, no doubt. However, they're not doing shit until they get Joe's deal in place.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter reported a couple of things this morning:

1. The Niners will probably trade Alex Smith, but not unless they feel that they're getting what they want...he mentioned KC and/or Arizona, so my guess is that the Niners would want (at least) KC's or Zona's high 3rd rounder. Maybe more. IMO, Alex Smith isn't worth that...at least to KC. However, I think Alex Smith wouldn't be a bad fit in KC. He's proven that he can function in an offense where he's not asked to do a whole lot because the offense is predicated on the ground game. Well, KC has one of the top RB's in the game and a good OL.

KC drafts Luke Joeckel #1.
    KC drafts Tyler Eiffert/Zach Ertz in the 2nd round.
    KC sends their 3rd rounder to San Fran for Alex Smith.
    KC re-signs Dwayne Bowe.
    KC signs Greg Jennings.

That would be a nice little off-season for KC. That, to me, is a playoff team.

2. He stated that he does NOT believe that the Ravens will use the tag on Joe Flacco. He said that both parties know how important it is for them to agree on a deal in the next 2 weeks and that they'll get something done before the tag is needed.

What is the consensus on Barrett Jones's ability to play tackle at the NFL level?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    What is the consensus on Barrett Jones's ability to play tackle at the NFL level?
    In an emergency situation, probably no worse than Oher.

Blog Entries

Falcons expected to cut Michael Turner.

Eagles are going to cut Nnamdi if he won't take a significant pay cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The FA market is going to be flooded.

And hence the need for the Falcons to draft a RB by selecting Lacy from Alabama? Or perhaps they are happy with who they have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The FA market is going to be flooded.
    It sure looks like it and that should mean a lot of vet min deals to be made with the ravens looking like an attractive destination.
    I can see Oz, and most gm s letting all of thier mid level free agents onto what should be a very tough buyers market.
    I really hope they bring Reed back. Free safety is a position that can lose you the game as easy as a qb who turns the ball over. They are the qb of the coverage and Reed is the Peyton Manning of defense.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    In an emergency situation, probably no worse than Oher.
    I think I'm in the minority on this, but I personally feel Jones as the technique, footwork, and intelligence to play LT in the NFL. He doesn't have the kind of uber-athleticism that top-tier LTs tend to have nowadays, but you don't always need that to be successful. Michael Oher is a phenomenal athlete and miserable LT while Andrew Whitworth is one of the best LTs in the league while being probably not even as good an athlete as Jones.

Whoever drafts Barrett Jones is just going to send him out there during minicamps and training camp and ask him to show which spot he should play. For some teams it might be C, for some G, and for some OT including LT. It just depends on if they can develop him and if he fits the system. As a zone-blocking tackle I think he would work in our system.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    And hence the need for the Falcons to draft a RB by selecting Lacy from Alabama? Or perhaps they are happy with who they have now?
    I see no way that Atlanta goes into 2013 with Jacquizz Rogers and Jason Snelling as their top 2 RBs. They are going to add a back in the first few rounds of the draft, and Lacy would be a good fit, I'm just not sure they'll want to spend their 1st rounder on him though and he might be gone by their 2nd. They may have to "settle" for Giovanni Bernard, Mike Gillislee, or Jonathan Franklin in the mid rounds. IMO All 3 of those guys are more talented than Lacy despite being lower rated prospects.

I personally like Gillislee and Franklin a lot--some team is going to get a great value with them, and Lattimore could be a real gem in the mid to late rounds if he can recover to 100%. I like Lacy a lot but I don't think he'll be the top back from the 2013 class when all's said and done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think I'm in the minority on this, but I personally feel Jones as the technique, footwork, and intelligence to play LT in the NFL. He doesn't have the kind of uber-athleticism that top-tier LTs tend to have nowadays, but you don't always need that to be successful. Michael Oher is a phenomenal athlete and miserable LT while Andrew Whitworth is one of the best LTs in the league while being probably not even as good an athlete as Jones.

Whoever drafts Barrett Jones is just going to send him out there during minicamps and training camp and ask him to show which spot he should play. For some teams it might be C, for some G, and for some OT including LT. It just depends on if they can develop him and if he fits the system. As a zone-blocking tackle I think he would work in our system.
    You certainly aren't out of the realm of possibilities with B. Jones. I like the kid a lot. I wanted him as a Raven last year before he returned to 'Bama. He did perform very well at LT last year. His measureables are actually quite similar to Trent Williams (34.25" arm length) and Williams may be slightly taller than B. Jones, but Jones is just under 6'5". Realistically, in cleats he is probably a solid 6'5".

Also, food for thought, but Joeckel (who is about 2" taller) only had a tenth of an inch on Jones regarding arm length.

I see no way that Atlanta goes into 2013 with Jacquizz Rogers and Jason Snelling as their top 2 RBs. They are going to add a back in the first few rounds of the draft, and Lacy would be a good fit, I'm just not sure they'll want to spend their 1st rounder on him though and he might be gone by their 2nd. They may have to "settle" for Giovanni Bernard, Mike Gillislee, or Jonathan Franklin in the mid rounds. IMO All 3 of those guys are more talented than Lacy despite being lower rated prospects.

I personally like Gillislee and Franklin a lot--some team is going to get a great value with them, and Lattimore could be a real gem in the mid to late rounds if he can recover to 100%. I like Lacy a lot but I don't think he'll be the top back from the 2013 class when all's said and done.
    Agree 100%.

I think there are a lot of backs they'll target. Obviously, if Lacy drops he'll probably be the pick, but I could see them targeting Montee Ball and/or Stepfan Taylor. Both are workhorse backs with good vision.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson reporting Ravens met with Ellerbe's agent this morning.

I think Schefter said they will meet with Flacco's tonight or tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Wow.

DeAndre Hopkins: 6'1" 214lbs (no fat at all), 10"+ hands, 33.4" arms (which are longer than the 6'4" Justin Hunter and 6'2" Keenan Allen).