Page 280 of 333 FirstFirst ... 278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 3,349 to 3,360 of 3987
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post

Can't teach size.
    No you can't.

Size doesn't mean that he will be a good OT though.

Technique plays a big part in it all. You want a LT with size, but you want them to have light feet as well.

Fluker is big, but he has heavy feet. He would probably be an all pro guard.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Crickets?
    Not worth of for a one year rental. He's been solid in Philly though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You want Will Beatty not Jake Long IMO.
    I would be really surprised if the Giants let Beatty walk.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No you can't.

Size doesn't mean that he will be a good OT though.

Technique plays a big part in it all. You want a LT with size, but you want them to have light feet as well.

Fluker is big, but he has heavy feet. He would probably be an all pro guard.

This is true. I have heard he is a lot better fit at guard, as well. LT's need to be really athletic for those speed rushers, so I do agree with you on that.

The guy I am really pulling for in this draft is Barret Jones. I really don't care where Harbaugh would put him, I just want him on the team. Great technician and leader who can play every position on the line.

Blog Entries
    How many QBs go in the first round? I bet it's at least four despite the lackluster options.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How many QBs go in the first round? I bet it's at least four despite the lackluster options.
    If no teams trade back up into round 1?

Two QB's.

If teams start trading back up, which I think is likely...
    Geno Smith
    Ryan Nassib
    Mike Glennon
    Matt Barkley
    Tyler Wilson

All of them could go in round 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    This is true. I have heard he is a lot better fit at guard, as well. LT's need to be really athletic for those speed rushers, so I do agree with you on that.

The guy I am really pulling for in this draft is Barret Jones. I really don't care where Harbaugh would put him, I just want him on the team. Great technician and leader who can play every position on the line.
    We saw how valuable it was this year to be able to shuffle the line when injuries hit. A guy like Jones might not be a lock-down guy at any one position, but if he can be pretty good at all of them, you can basically improve 2-3 line positions all at once, just by having a guy who can slot in somewhere so the other guys can play to their strengths.

As much as people gripe about Oher at LT (and he's not great) the team won a hell of a lot with him there. His ability to go to RT makes the team better, as does KO's ability to bounce from RT to LG. Throw in a Barrett Jones, and suddenly, one injury on the line isn't the end of the world. We can still get by, and be pretty good even, in the event somebody goes down.

Could be a really pivotal player when you look at it like that.

I also think if the ravens are forced to play oher at LT then caldwells play calling will definetly help with that. He utilized crossing routes rubs slants so flacco could get the ball out quickly so lineman didn't have to stay on their blocks as long as they did under Cameron.

Blog Entries

Decosta had this to say about the up coming draft in an interview with Aaron Wilson.

"We think we have a really good chance to get some quality players," DeCosta said. "We think it's a strong draft. We like the way the draft is set up positionally for us. We think we could come out of this thing with some legitimate players to help us move forward and be a successful team next year.

"On the defensive line, we think it's stacked in the first round and second round with players who
    can help us. We're excited about that. Anytime you have a chance to take a quality defensive lineman, you have to consider it.
    "

Not saying that the Ravens are going to take a DT based off this and what Ozzie said, but IMO its clear that they are very interested in taking a DT early. I think Brandon Williams in the second round, whether trading up to get or waiting and hoping he falls is a possibility. I wouldn't rule out Kawaan Short, or a Jesse Williams early on either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Decosta had this to say about the up coming draft in an interview with Aaron Wilson.

"We think we have a really good chance to get some quality players," DeCosta said. "We think it's a strong draft. We like the way the draft is set up positionally for us. We think we could come out of this thing with some legitimate players to help us move forward and be a successful team next year.

"On the defensive line, we think it's stacked in the first round and second round with players who
    can help us. We're excited about that. Anytime you have a chance to take a quality defensive lineman, you have to consider it.
    "

Not saying that the Ravens are going to take a DT based off this and what Ozzie said, but IMO its clear that they are very interested in taking a DT early. I think Brandon Williams in the second round, whether trading up to get or waiting and hoping he falls is a possibility. I wouldn't rule out Kawaan Short, or a Jesse Williams early on either.
    DT is probably the biggest need on the team (Reed situation pending). At least we have McClain at MLB if all else fails. At DT we got Cody and no one else to plug the middle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post

DT is probably the biggest need on the team (Reed situation pending). At least we have McClain at MLB if all else fails. At DT we got Cody and no one else to plug the middle.
    I'd say that until they resign Ellerbe, both ILB and DT are big areas of concern.

FS too.

Blog Entries

They will sign a safety if reed isn't resigned, the ravens have never gone into the draft looking at needs. They cant just rely on either vaccoro or elam falling to us. Its a bit different for DT and ILB, you can pkug in guys next to good players likr Ngata or Ellerbe. FS is the last line of defense, and can lose you gamea with blown coverages etc.