Page 279 of 333 FirstFirst ... 277278279280281 ... LastLast
Results 3,337 to 3,348 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Crickets?
    There is something about Maclin that I can't quite put my finger on, that might lead me to pass on him.

It might be unfair to Maclin. The QB situation was not as good in Philadelphia as it is in Baltimore right now. I do believe that, from a WR standpoint, Maclin would be an upgrade over Jacoby Jones. I don't know, I'm a bit torn on Maclin. I guess it's the vibe that overshadows that entire Eagles team: Big talkers who were taken to task by physical teams. What was Maclin's role in the locker room and how would he fit into this one.

If you were to ask whether or not Ozzie would look into it, I would think the answer is yes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

You want Will Beatty not Jake Long IMO.

Crickets?
    If we are forced to move on from JJ I don't see how we have cap space for Macklin, and if we do it's a 1 year rental becuase I'm sure he's looking for a payday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm really starting to believe more and more each day that his Dline actually had a miserable day against an OLine that would have been easily superior to the line that Arizona trotted out each week last NFL season.

Bama gashed LSU and Georgia on the ground as well, so that's 2 of the other best ILB'ers inthis draft. Football is won and lost in the trenches and that game was lost before Te'o ever got out of his stance.

And Te Excellector... Jake Long would be great if we could find any way to squeeze him in. He may come a bit cheaper because of hsi past 2 seasons with injury issues that have lead some to think he is in decline, but IMO, it's the injuries, not that his level of play as a whole is in Decline. Very Mch liek Ngata, IMO.
    If the Ravens resign Bryant McKinnie, they would have to hope that he remains dedicated throughout the off-season. I would rather sign Long, let him rehabilitate and roll with him at LT, because we won't have to worry about commitment. I'm tired of having to worry about commitment at LT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You want Will Beatty not Jake Long IMO.
    Beatty is a reasonable option that should come pretty cheap and comes with some injury concens but has played quite well when healthy.

Blog Entries

The Jets will try to trade Tim Tebow.

Blog Entries

i think we should trade joe flacco with tim tebow nd run the option guyz!!!111

Blog Entries

Only Josh McDaniels.......smh......the crazier thing is that Denver got a playoff win out of it after McDaniels left. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If we are forced to move on from JJ I don't see how we have cap space for Macklin, and if we do it's a 1 year rental becuase I'm sure he's looking for a payday.
    Yes. There's risk there. But if we decide (as crazy as I think it would be) to let JJ AND Boldin go...?
    Blah. I should wait until FA starts before throwing these things around...:bag:

Blog Entries

Yes. There's risk there. But if we decide (as crazy as I think it would be) to let JJ AND Boldin go...?
    Blah. I should wait until FA starts before throwing these things around...:bag:
    One will be here and I think it will be Boldin. 4.9 just seems like a lot for a returner/third WR. You are going to get better contributions from Jones as a returner, but would you pay your return man 5 mil?

Under Cameron, I think that Leach would have been safe. However, since Caldwell took over, the offense has been having a lot of success in formations that don't include Leach. That's the hang up. It could get dicey.

On the defensive side of the ball, I expect a lot of open competition: FS, ILB, NT, CB.

Blog Entries

Rob Ryan was fired for using too many schemes.

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    DJ Fluker measured at 6'5, and 339 lbs, with 36 and 3/4 inch arms. That guy is massive, I wouldn't rule him out as a potential first round/early 2nd round pick for the Ravens.
    Can't teach size.