Page 278 of 333 FirstFirst ... 276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 3,325 to 3,336 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Jesse Williams makes me nervous because he is all puffed up in his upper body, but he's got little chicken legs. He's a strong College player, but you can't just out-muscle very many players at the NFL level.

We'll see how it goes. Someone is going to pick him, and all the Personnel guys in the NFL know a lot more than I do...but I'd prefer Baltimore not select Jesse Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Where are you seeing top 5 in DT rankings? Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jonathan Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, Jon Jenkins, Sylvester Williams, maybe even Bennie Logan... all of them are ahead of Williams on almost every ranking I've seen including my own. Throw Margus Hunt and Datone Jones in there ahead of him as well if you view them as possible DT prospects.

I just don't see Williams going ahead of ANY of those guys, he is NOT going to affect the passing game in the NFL, he won't even be on the field 3rd downs and he doesn't get pressure on early downs. Upshaw wasn't a great pass rusher this past year in the NFL but he had plenty of sacks and pressures in college and still has plenty of upside to become a good pass rusher.

Also, my point is further proven by the fact that Ozzie chose to trade out of the 1st rather than take Upshaw at that spot. If I were Ozzie at #32 this year and ALL the guys I wanted were gone, and Jesse Williams was one of the top remaining prospects on my board, I'd do the same thing--trade back and get value instead of reaching for a guy like Williams.
    Most websites have Williams ranked way ahead of Logan, idk where you're getting that from, they also have him ranked higher than Jon Jenkins on most websites I research on.

DT is a tough position to scout and draft. It is one of the highest bust rate positions but teams constantly reach in search of a real difference maker up front. All you have to look at how fast the entire defense fell off when Nagta and Smith got hurt. Having a disruptive force inside is more valuable and rare than on the outside where it is easier to scheme and avoid a threat.

I like Williams a lot as a nose tackle, which we need, but I value and want a pass rushing inside guy if possible. Jones and McPhee showed promise there but you can never have enough.

:T2:

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens held an informal interview with Wisconsin left tackle Ricky Wagner

Does anyone know how many of our informal interviews in the past actually translated into us drafting someone?

Blog Entries

The Ravens know that they need to find a long-term solution at LT. They recognize that Michael Oher is not that guy and they recognize that, even if they resign McKinnie, he would only give them two years at the very best.

Personally, it would not surprise me (if other LTs see more attention than Jake Long), that the Ravens make a push for him if they can't agree to terms with McKinnie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Does anyone know how many of our informal interviews in the past actually translated into us drafting someone?
    Yeah, a lot of people say that it has no effect on who they draft, but I disagree. The Ravens were very interested in Hightower before the draft and had him in for private workouts, they were going to take him before NE swooped in on him. The Ravens met with Upshaw a lot at the combine too I think. Bernard Pierce and Gino were both players the Ravens were reportedly very interested in before last years draft, and I knew they were going to draft them.

Wanting more teo tape. Jesus I'm so torn on this guy. Well he suck against nfl caliber players, or did he just have a bad day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Wanting more teo tape. Jesus I'm so torn on this guy. Well he suck against nfl caliber players, or did he just have a bad day
    Yeah same with me, one minute I think to my self, yeah this is our guy, then I think of how we need an athletic LB and think of his dismal performance in the BCS and think no way. Idk man, maybe it was just a bad day, even the best of the best in the NFL have bad days from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Looking at PHI's 2013 and 2014 cap...if we part with JJ12, what pick(s) --if any--for soon-to-be 25 year old Jeremy Maclin?

In four seasons, he's averaging about 62 recs, 13.4 ypc and 6.5 TD. Has missed 5 games. He's UFA in 2014, and it looks like they won't be able to afford to resign him.

Crickets?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah same with me, one minute I think to my self, yeah this is our guy, then I think of how we need an athletic LB and think of his dismal performance in the BCS and think no way. Idk man, maybe it was just a bad day, even the best of the best in the NFL have bad days from time to time.
    I watched the byu game there and he was covering tight ends, running backs, out on the slot once, dump/shovel passes, blitzing, beating unblocked linemen in the run game. And he got a interception and upped off a few jukes on the return.

He was a first round pick no questions asked that game.

If he runs fast, and shows up well in agility drills, he won't be there when we pick. That's my assumption on him.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm really starting to believe more and more each day that his Dline actually had a miserable day against an OLine that would have been easily superior to the line that Arizona trotted out each week last NFL season.

Bama gashed LSU and Georgia on the ground as well, so that's 2 of the other best ILB'ers inthis draft. Football is won and lost in the trenches and that game was lost before Te'o ever got out of his stance.

And Te Excellector... Jake Long would be great if we could find any way to squeeze him in. He may come a bit cheaper because of hsi past 2 seasons with injury issues that have lead some to think he is in decline, but IMO, it's the injuries, not that his level of play as a whole is in Decline. Very Mch liek Ngata, IMO.