Page 277 of 333 FirstFirst ... 275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 3,313 to 3,324 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I would be more than happy with Jesse Williams as a first round pick if we don't find an upgrade in FA over Cody. I know he isn't everyones cup of tea, but I think this guy could be an athletic version of Casey Hampton.

Matt Miller‏@nfldraftscout

Reid says this Chiefs team similar to '99 Eagles.
    That's a clear tell IMO.
    In 1999--Reid's first year--PHI selected Donovan McNabb with the 2nd pick overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That's a clear tell IMO.
    In 1999--Reid's first year--PHI selected Donovan McNabb with the 2nd pick overall.
    geno smith kind of reminds me of McNabb as well, and is pretty much a concensus top QB... but it's also concensus he's not close to worht the #1 overall pick either...

Besides McNabb, Reid was constantlydrafting early for his trenches,.. which makes me think he will go Joekel and then come back inthe second for Glennon, Wilson or Nassib, or possibly trade up into the back of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would be more than happy with Jesse Williams as a first round pick if we don't find an upgrade in FA over Cody. I know he isn't everyones cup of tea, but I think this guy could be an athletic version of Casey Hampton.
    If the FO really feels strongly that they're getting that high of a caliber of player, then maybe they would do it, but I think most people here aren't on board with Williams in the first round because it just doesn't seem like a Ravens pick. He's very unlikely to be the BPA so it would be a "need" pick and a reach, and he's just not a very impactful player outside of defending the run on 1st and 2nd down.

I just don't see it happening. Somebody who should go in the top 20 picks is going to fall and the Ravens are going to take him based on talent and upside, even if it's not at a position of immediate need. Jesse Williams is not that guy.

Actually a guy whose stock seems to be falling right now and could potentially last very deep in the first is Jarvis Jones. He pulled out of working out at the Combine and there are rumors going around that he won't show well in shorts. THAT, my friends, is a Ravens pick right there. 28 sacks, 44 TFLs, and 9 forced fumbles over the last 2 years, while slaughtering top competition in the SEC, yet there are concerns about whether or not the guy is a football player. Get him in purple and black, Ozzie!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If the FO really feels strongly that they're getting that high of a caliber of player, then maybe they would do it, but I think most people here aren't on board with Williams in the first round because it just doesn't seem like a Ravens pick. He's very unlikely to be the BPA so it would be a "need" pick and a reach, and he's just not a very impactful player outside of defending the run on 1st and 2nd down.

I just don't see it happening. Somebody who should go in the top 20 picks is going to fall and the Ravens are going to take him based on talent and upside, even if it's not at a position of immediate need. Jesse Williams is not that guy.

Actually a guy whose stock seems to be falling right now and could potentially last very deep in the first is Jarvis Jones. He pulled out of working out at the Combine and there are rumors going around that he won't show well in shorts. THAT, my friends, is a Ravens pick right there. 28 sacks, 44 TFLs, and 9 forced fumbles over the last 2 years, while slaughtering top competition in the SEC, yet there are concerns about whether or not the guy is a football player. Get him in purple and black, Ozzie!
    he's number one on Kiper's big board, with the asterisk that he thinks Joekel will surpass him during the combine. Doubt he makes it anywhere near 32.

Blog Entries

How can we be sure Jesse Williams isn't high on Ozzie's board? None of us really know, besides, Jesse Williams is actually ranked pretty high on most boards out there, the general conseus is that he is in the top 5 in DT rankings. Jesse Williams may very well be the BPA at 32.

Courtney Upshaw looked very good on 1st and 2nd downs, and is viewed as a run stuffing/edge setting type LB, yet Ozzie used his first pick on Upshaw. Upshaw can develop into a good pass rusher, just like Jesse Williams could turn into an every down DT.

Looking at PHI's 2013 and 2014 cap...if we part with JJ12, what pick(s) --if any--for soon-to-be 25 year old Jeremy Maclin?

In four seasons, he's averaging about 62 recs, 13.4 ypc and 6.5 TD. Has missed 5 games. He's UFA in 2014, and it looks like they won't be able to afford to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    geno smith kind of reminds me of McNabb as well, and is pretty much a concensus top QB... but it's also concensus he's not close to worht the #1 overall pick either...

Besides McNabb, Reid was constantlydrafting early for his trenches,.. which makes me think he will go Joekel and then come back inthe second for Glennon, Wilson or Nassib, or possibly trade up into the back of the first.
    Since Oct/Nov, I've seen The Joker as the best player in the draft. If KC re-signs Albert though, the "need" for Joker goes way down. It's interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How can we be sure Jesse Williams isn't high on Ozzie's board? None of us really know, besides, Jesse Williams is actually ranked pretty high on most boards out there, the general conseus is that he is in the top 5 in DT rankings. Jesse Williams may very well be the BPA at 32.

Courtney Upshaw looked very good on 1st and 2nd downs, and is viewed as a run stuffing/edge setting type LB, yet Ozzie used his first pick on Upshaw. Upshaw can develop into a good pass rusher, just like Jesse Williams could turn into an every down DT.
    Where are you seeing top 5 in DT rankings? Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jonathan Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, Jon Jenkins, Sylvester Williams, maybe even Bennie Logan... all of them are ahead of Williams on almost every ranking I've seen including my own. Throw Margus Hunt and Datone Jones in there ahead of him as well if you view them as possible DT prospects.

I just don't see Williams going ahead of ANY of those guys, he is NOT going to affect the passing game in the NFL, he won't even be on the field 3rd downs and he doesn't get pressure on early downs. Upshaw wasn't a great pass rusher this past year in the NFL but he had plenty of sacks and pressures in college and still has plenty of upside to become a good pass rusher.

Also, my point is further proven by the fact that Ozzie chose to trade out of the 1st rather than take Upshaw at that spot. If I were Ozzie at #32 this year and ALL the guys I wanted were gone, and Jesse Williams was one of the top remaining prospects on my board, I'd do the same thing--trade back and get value instead of reaching for a guy like Williams.

Where are you seeing top 5 in DT rankings? Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jonathan Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, Jon Jenkins, Sylvester Williams, maybe even Bennie Logan... all of them are ahead of Williams on almost every ranking I've seen including my own. Throw Margus Hunt and Datone Jones in there ahead of him as well if you view them as possible DT prospects.

I just don't see Williams going ahead of ANY of those guys, he is NOT going to affect the passing game in the NFL, he won't even be on the field 3rd downs and he doesn't get pressure on early downs. Upshaw wasn't a great pass rusher this past year in the NFL but he had plenty of sacks and pressures in college and still has plenty of upside to become a good pass rusher.

Also, my point is further proven by the fact that Ozzie chose to trade out of the 1st rather than take Upshaw at that spot. If I were Ozzie at #32 this year and ALL the guys I wanted were gone, and Jesse Williams was one of the top remaining prospects on my board, I'd do the same thing--trade back and get value instead of reaching for a guy like Williams.
    quick google search and...

Great Blue North has Williams at 5, ahead of Jenkins, Williams, short and Logan.
    Draft countdown has him at 7, ahead of short and logan
    walter has him at 9, behidn all of those you metion

thats all i looked at, but it seems like the collective view him a bit higher then you, and many view him a little lower then Leach.

I want Arthur brown. That is all

Ravens held an informal interview with Wisconsin left tackle Ricky Wagner
    That's from AW.
    Hopefully just figuring out where someone else may slot him. He got owned badly in Mobile.