Page 265 of 333 FirstFirst ... 263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 3,169 to 3,180 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Kawann Short also out of combine with hamstring issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Isn't today OL weigh in's?
    That's sounds right. Weigh in's, measurements and interviews.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If you are going to drop a player for a performance against Alabama, you might as well go ahead and drop Jarvis Jones. He was terrible against Alabama in the SEC champ game. They ran right at him all day and he could not do anything. He could not set the edge a lick.

Teo would be a great pick up for the Ravens at the end of round 1. He has the size to play right now and he has great instincts.

Alabama creates an interesting dynamic when it comes to the draft. Their players all get overrated because the they are all very good. Therefore it makes some players look much better than they really are. It happened at USC and Texas a few years back. The overall team is so good it elevates all of the players a notch.
    Good post.

Like I said, AJ McCarron sliced up ND's D. Why? Because he had all day to throw and his receivers were all over the place. Furthermore, 'Bama's OL opened up gaping holes for Eddie Lacy to run through, so the play action was there all day long.

AJ McCarron is good, but while I was watching that game I couldn't believe people weren't considering him as one of the top QB's in the country. Then I thought about it a little more and remembered that Greg McElroy looked damn good too when he was with Bama.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Keenan Allen won't do combine due to lingering PCL knee issues.
    That is going to hurt him.

Good opportunity for Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, and DeAndre Hopkins to move up the board.

AJ McCarron is good, but while I was watching that game I couldn't believe people weren't considering him as one of the top QB's in the country. Then I thought about it a little more and remembered that Greg McElroy looked damn good too when he was with Bama.
    McElroy might actually develop into a serviceable QB ala Henne or Pennington.

I agree that McCarron had all day to throw, but I do have to admit he was very precise with his passes. I was impressed with his mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    McElroy might actually develop into a serviceable QB ala Henne or Pennington.

I agree that McCarron had all day to throw, but I do have to admit he was very precise with his passes. I was impressed with his mechanics.
    I saw McCarron, heading into his final 2-3 games, as a guy who was going to have to fight to stick in the NFL. I'm not sure I see him being a guy who has a long career as a starter, but he's heady and accurate enough to make a nice career for himself as a backup/occasional starter. He definitely impressed me every time I watched him.

What a bust.

I got a retarded amount of flack on the old sunspot forum because I was adamently against DHB. Bad hands. Great speed.

So many wanted him as a Raven.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I was in a similar boat here. Many wanted him in the first, even possible trade-ups, I didn't want him until at least the third... he had so little college production. Looks like Tarzan, plays liek Jane.

Pass now, just as much. I greatly prefer JJ.

And I really don't get the hate some spew over the Packers Wideouts Best and deepest WR corps in the league. They will be more then fine wihtout Greg Jennings.

Blog Entries

Does anyone think Jamarcus Russell gets a tryout?

Frankly, if I were the Browns, Jets, Cardinals, or Chiefs I would definitely be interested.

1. He is going to cost next to nothing.
    2. He does have talent...he just never worked for it. Maybe now he will.
    3. At worst, he is a back up QB.

It is a win-win for all parties involved. Getting a motivated guy with that kind of an arm on him could be a really good thing.

9. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Potential SS prospect for the Ravens in the 2013 NFL Draft?

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Does anyone think Kawaan Short could be a NT in our system?

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does anyone think Kawaan Short could be a NT in our system?
    I don't think so at all. I see him as a 4-3 3-tech DT only. I don't think he can play any spot in a 3-man front, he does not have the strength or leverage to fit that system. If we moved to more pure 4-3 looks he would be a good fit next to Ngata and we would have an outstanding 4-man rotation at DT with Ngata, Jones, McPhee, and Short. Upshaw and Suggs would be the DEs.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Keenan Allen won't do combine due to lingering PCL knee issues.
    Nice athlete. Average WR.
    The only thing first-roundish about him is his height.
    Otherwise, he is the master of the 5 yard route.