Page 253 of 333 FirstFirst ... 251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 3,025 to 3,036 of 3987
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I was pretty disappointed with Cody. I'm not giving up on him, but we definitely need to add some type of competition that is an upgrade over Kemo.

If we were to lose Ellerbe, I'd really like this pair that you have slated to go to us.
    Cody was disappointing. I really am hoping he can improve his technique because he could be a catalyst for vaulting this D back into the upper echelons of the league.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cody was disappointing. I really am hoping he can improve his technique because he could be a catalyst for vaulting this D back into the upper echelons of the league.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I don't know what happened to him, early on in 2011 he looked like a very good NT, then he kind of fell towards the end of 2011 and was terrible in the play offs. The reason Arian Foster ran all over us in that divisional game was because of Cody.

McClullers is an interesting one. Not many NTs are over 6'3 let alone 6'6. But I watched the Tennessee-Georgia game this season, and McClullers was literally tossing the Georgia center around like a ragdoll, he reminds me of an oversized bouncer beating up a bunch of drunks when I watch him on running plays. Incredibly raw, but well worth a 5th-7th round pick.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-19-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Blog Entries

For anyone who wants to see how much of a monster this McClullers is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    lol Patrik Willis isn't even that great in coverage, Novoro Bowman is the guy who does all that stuff.
    Well, that's the point. You can't expect LB's to effectively cover guys like Gronkowski or Vernon Davis 100%of the time. However, part of Baltimore's problem is they don't have any LB who has a good feel for coverage and reading the game. Ray Lewis was always reading the play the right way, but didn't have the quickness to make the drop/react enough. Ellerbe, while athletic, is kind of a north/south linebacker in that he is good when he doesn't have to change direction a whole lot. I want to keep Ellerbe, but I'm not sure that happens.

With T'eo, you aren't getting an overly athletic guy, but I think he makes up for a lot of that with instincts and a feel for the game that you just can't really coach. Plus, I guarantee you that we'd be getting a player who is dedicated to being great. Pair him with a straight up athlete like a Khaseem Greene or a Kiko Alonso and you've got a nice ILB duo for the next 4-5 years, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast
    Btw nice mock, I would be pretty chuffed with that outcome. I went from thinking Teo could be the first pick of the draft, to thinking 3rd round after the BCS game and the whole catfish thing, to just seeing him as what he has always been, a solid late first round/early second round prospect that should be in our range.
    I think T'eo could definitely drop. The Ravens were absolutely interested in Dont'a Hightower last year and while I think Hightower was a good prospect, I think T'eo could be better. T'eo changes direction a lot more fluidly than Hightower does, by my estimation.

I think I'd rather go after a NT than a guy like Bennie Logan, we have a good DE in Arthur Jones already, we need to plug someone in the middle between Jones and Ngata who can eat up two blockers. I think we go and sign a NT though instead of drafting one since NTs come on the cheap generally speaking, a Pat Sims or a Terrence Knighton would be great. Not that I'd be disappointed if we took Logan, I'd be pretty happy, he's a great player and could be the BPA at that point.
    I'd rather find a big 0-tech defensive linemen too. If Brandon Williams drops, then I could see Baltimore taking him. In this draft, it just worked out that Bennie Logan (who may not even be there at the bottom of round 2 btw) was the BPA and would be a rotational player instantly on the DL.

Kiko Alonso is my guy, great pick. Chris Faulk could be the eventual franchise LT after he continues to fully recover from that injury, while learning a thing or two by the hopefully re-signed McKinnie. Chris Faulk would at the very least provide some decent depth at both LT and RT, he could even shift inside in a pinch because of the way he's built. He has some Andrew Whitworth in him.
    I like Alonso too. With some coaching, he could be very, very good. I think he fills two needs because he can play ILB and he can rush the passer from the inside or outside. He lessens the blow of not having Kruger on passing downs, IMO.

If I kept going I think guys like Dan McCullers (Tennessee, 6'6'" 350lbs), AJ Francis (Maryland, 6'4" 322lbs), Anthony White (Michigan State. 6'3" 334lbs), Darius Smith (Miami, 6'3" 338lbs), and Brandon Moore (Texas, 6'5" 322lbs) will come into play.

That said, Jay Ratliff (Cowboys DT) has been playing NT for years in the 3-4 and has been very successful there. He is less than 300lbs. Aubrayo Franklin wasn't too bad for the Chargers at NT and he is barely 6'1" and under 320lbs. At some point, you have to look at a player for their technique and tenacity over pure size. There is still this group think mentality that all 3-4 NT's have to be monstrous. It is the same concept as centers not having to be 320lbs anymore, or QB's not having to all be 6'5" to win games, or TE's having to be extensions of the OL, or LB's having to be 260lb thumpers.

Logan plays with good technique and leverage. I don't know that he would be a NT for the Ravens, I doubt it, but I think he is good enough that he could allow someone like Art Jones or maybe DeAngelo Tyson to take snaps at NT.

Blog Entries

I don't know what happened to him, early on in 2011 he looked like a very good NT, then he kind of fell towards the end of 2011 and was terrible in the play offs. The reason Arian Foster ran all over us in that divisional game was because of Cody.

McClullers is an interesting one. Not many NTs are over 6'3 let alone 6'6. But I watched the Tennessee-Georgia game this season, and McClullers was literally tossing the Georgia center around like a ragdoll, he reminds me of an oversized bouncer beating up a bunch of drunks when I watch him on running plays. Incredibly raw, but well worth a 5th-7th round pick.
    He is a big boy.

Like you said, very raw. I'd be down with McCullers as a 6th or 7th rounder though.

I am really hoping Cody sees the writing on the wall and gets his ass in gear.

Blog Entries

Chris Faulk to me is really intriguing. Everything Ive been reading and see about the guy is great. So why does a LT that talented and built fall to the end of 4? Youre not the only one that has him that far Wicked, I see him graded anywhere from 2 down to 5 or 6. The more I read and see, i just assume somebody is going to take him earlier despite his knee. Id be happy with him. Id consider this draft a success if we get a 1st round LT talent that can take a year to get pro ready. may be one of our only shots at a top prospect at LT.

What exactly was his knee injury though? everywhere im reading just says knee injury, i guess that could explain it, but to me it just seems like there too much value there to let him fall that far.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Chris Faulk to me is really intriguing. Everything Ive been reading and see about the guy is great. So why does a LT that talented and built fall to the end of 4? Youre not the only one that has him that far Wicked, I see him graded anywhere from 2 down to 5 or 6. The more I read and see, i just assume somebody is going to take him earlier despite his knee. Id be happy with him. Id consider this draft a success if we get a 1st round LT talent that can take a year to get pro ready. may be one of our only shots at a top prospect at LT.

What exactly was his knee injury though? everywhere im reading just says knee injury, i guess that could explain it, but to me it just seems like there too much value there to let him fall that far.
    Mainly an ACL tear. I also think a lot of folks look at him and see a big guy...not big like KO big. Faulk isn't exactly a "jacked" 6'6" 320-330lb lineman. He needs better conditioning and needs to hit the weight room.

For example, Ryan Clady is built similarly to Faulk and is the same height, but about 20lbs lighter.

You can see the difference in conditioning.

Remember last year with Andrew Datko? That guy was VERY good at Florida State before ending his season with a shoulder injury. He dropped all the way down to the 7th round.

I am hoping that the Ravens can find an immediate answer at LT (McKinnie, Beatty, Sam Baker maybe?) and then draft Faulk. Whip his ass into shape. Let him compete to start next year.

This also keeps the core of the OL in tact, which is important IMO.

KO, Birk/Gradkowski, Yanda, and Oher need to stay where they are.

Blog Entries

If the issue with Cody is his technique, which we all agree it is, I would think they go for a 0-technique, with more pro ready technique.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Well, that's the point. You can't expect LB's to effectively cover guys like Gronkowski or Vernon Davis 100%of the time. However, part of Baltimore's problem is they don't have any LB who has a good feel for coverage and reading the game. Ray Lewis was always reading the play the right way, but didn't have the quickness to make the drop/react enough. Ellerbe, while athletic, is kind of a north/south linebacker in that he is good when he doesn't have to change direction a whole lot. I want to keep Ellerbe, but I'm not sure that happens.
    I'm not sure if we keep Ellerbe either, on the face of things, I think I'd rather keep Kruger if it comes to it, just because Kruger is now a solid pass rusher at the very least. Ellerbe is pretty much what Bart Scott was when he was here, and one of the best north/south LBs in the game, but I think for him to be fully effective, like you said, he needs a Novoro Bowman next to him (obviously not saying we can just find someone as good as Bowman like that).

I think Teo is a good option if Ellerbe isn't re-signed, but I'd probably prefer a more athletic guy like Greene or Art Brown if we retain Ellerbe. There is a lot of variables in this draft with what we do with our guys and what we do in FA. A lot of different ways we could go, its going to be very interesting thats for sure.

Blog Entries

Mainly an ACL tear. I also think a lot of folks look at him and see a big guy...not big like KO big. Faulk isn't exactly a "jacked" 6'6" 320-330lb lineman. He needs better conditioning and needs to hit the weight room.

For example, Ryan Clady is built similarly to Faulk and is the same height, but about 20lbs lighter.

Remember last year with Andrew Datko? That guy was VERY good at Florida State before ending his season with a shoulder injury. He dropped all the way down to the 7th round.

I am hoping that the Ravens can find an immediate answer at LT (McKinnie, Beatty, Sam Baker maybe?) and then draft Faulk. Whip his ass into shape. Let him compete to start next year.

BTW OT here a little bit, but why does everyone list KO as 6'5? His combine measurements listed him as 6'6 and a half, closer to 6'7, KO is a big big dude with very long arms.

I see Faulk somewhat similar to KO with better feet but not as much strength or size.

Nothing against Upshaw here (I think he'll be a solid player at the very least), but with Kruger's emergence, and the fact that we had Cordy Glenn on the board, imagine having Glenn and KO on the same line? That would have been something.

Blog Entries

BTW OT here a little bit, but why does everyone list KO as 6'5? His combine measurements listed him as 6'6 and a half, closer to 6'7, KO is a big big dude with very long arms.

I see Faulk somewhat similar to KO with better feet but not as much strength or size.

Nothing against Upshaw here (I think he'll be a solid player at the very least), but with Kruger's emergence, and the fact that we had Cordy Glenn on the board, imagine having Glenn and KO on the same line? That would have been something.
    They always seem to round down.

Flacco is like 1/4" shy of 6'7", yet they list him at 6'6".

Regarding Cordy Glenn: I agree. I liked Glenn as a prospect too. Long arms. Quick feet. I think he is going to be a good one.

Blog Entries

If its just ACL and already almost a year removed I can see it effecting somewhat but still doesnt match the drop imo. I think we both agree that not all OL have to be big muscle wise when they display proper technique like Folk appears to. sometimes a little extra weight can help, as long as its not detrimental to injury prevention or performance. I dont think hes really at that point.

Datko dropped a lot but I think that has to do with the fact that it was his 2nd shoulder surgery (1 in HS as well) which i believe this was Faulks only one? He also didnt make the team last year and was on PS, so maybe he just wasnt as good as originally thought? I guess that could be the case with Faulk as well but id say he faced better competition and looked better, imo. Definitely could be a steal in this draft, i just think well have to use an earlier pick or trade back/up to do it. But what do i know, I tought Tommy Streeter would go in the 2nd or 3rd...

I do agree that would be the way to go. whether thats a Faulk who i probably prefer at this point, or an Aboushi who needs some coaching but has the physical tools. Keeping oher at RT seems to be a priority and although i love KO at G, i still wouldnt mind seeing him tried at LT if for some reason we dont retain a vet LT or healthy prospect.
    -JAB