Page 252 of 333 FirstFirst ... 250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 3,013 to 3,024 of 3987
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I'm a fan of the Te'o and Alonso pick. Logan looks like he'll be a good player but don't you think we need a run stuffing NT? Unless Ngata slides inside, I think Art Jones and McPhee can anchor down the other end spot.
    Well, I am hoping that Cody will get better. We'll see. I coukd see Baltimore targeting several different 0-technique guys in this draft. The way this one shook out though, I couldnt pass on Bennie Logan.

I also think that improved LB play and not healthy Ngata will also boost the run D.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Coming out of the first 4 with Te'o, Logan, Alonso and Faulk would be pretty solid. Addressing immediate needs and adding someone behind the hopefully resigned Mckinnie. Great job Wicked

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    How good is Manti Te'o at coverage? Can he cover good tight ends?

What about minter?
    He is a lot better than people give him credit for. I've watched a lot of ND games and at no point did I ever feel like T'eo was just entirely overmatched (BCS game notwithstanding).

Can he cover Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis 1 on 1? Probably not. What linebacker not named Patrick Willis can though? T'eo's strength in coverage (IMO) is instinct, diagnosing the play, and having a good feel for where the play is going. There are going to be some growing pains, but I dont see this 265lb thumper that you always hear people claiming T'eo is. The guy even shed weight last off season specifically to improve his coverage and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    160. Baltimore Ravens – Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington (6’4” 215lbs). You have to really appreciate a WR who isn’t afraid to get hit. Kaufman rarely goes down with the first hit, he has nice hands, and for a bigger receiver he has solid speed. I really like his ability to find the open zones and work in traffic. Anquan Boldin will be 33 this season and is most effective in the slot. Kaufman is a legitimate candidate to split out wide and he is much more polished than Tommy Streeter. The Ravens need to continue to give Flacco weapons.
    Nice pick there. I've watched Kaufman back in Nov/Dec and again just after the SB. I had trouble slotting him in any round that didn't give me second thoughts, but if he can be half as productive in the NFL as he was at EWU, he'll be an absolute steal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Coming out of the first 4 with Te'o, Logan, Alonso and Faulk would be pretty solid. Addressing immediate needs and adding someone behind the hopefully resigned Mckinnie. Great job Wicked
    I agree and the idea of getting Kaufman in the 5th is really intriguing to me as well.

Thanks man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

Nice pick there. I've watched Kaufman back in Nov/Dec and again just after the SB. I had trouble slotting him in any round that didn't give me second thoughts, but if he can be half as productive in the NFL as he was at EWU, he'll be an absolute steal.
    I think the 5th is a good spot for him. Productive, but at a small school in a spread offense. Wasnt really asked to run a lot of NFL routes, but effective at finding open spaces.

I just really like how he worked in traffic. He didnt look uneasy or nervous. He wasnt worried about getting hit and as a result he made a lot of nice plays and picked up yards after the catch.

Cool Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Thanks man.

Love the Chris Faulk pick Wicked! I just don't know if he will last till the 4th round.

What made you pick Logan over Sylvester Williams? Logan looks like he can do more things than Williams but Williams looks like he would be a far better run stuffer which was what Cody was supposed to do but didn't!

8. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I was pretty disappointed with Cody. I'm not giving up on him, but we definitely need to add some type of competition that is an upgrade over Kemo.

If we were to lose Ellerbe, I'd really like this pair that you have slated to go to us.

9. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Love the Chris Faulk pick Wicked! I just don't know if he will last till the 4th round.

What made you pick Logan over Sylvester Williams? Logan looks like he can do more things than Williams but Williams looks like he would be a far better run stuffer which was what Cody was supposed to do but didn't!
    I'm not sure Sly is really a 3-4 NT. People are throwing around this run stuffer label, but he had 6 sacks last year playing hurt, and being double teamed on a terrible defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlestonraven View Post

I'm not sure Sly is really a 3-4 NT. People are throwing around this run stuffer label, but he had 6 sacks last year playing hurt, and being double teamed on a terrible defense.
    I actually think he would be a solid DE in a 3-4. You are right though, his size makes people think NT automatically. Thats why I have him and another big guy going to the Saints.

Blog Entries

He is a lot better than people give him credit for. I've watched a lot of ND games and at no point did I ever feel like T'eo was just entirely overmatched (BCS game notwithstanding).

Can he cover Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis 1 on 1? Probably not. What linebacker not named Patrick Willis can though? T'eo's strength in coverage (IMO) is instinct, diagnosing the play, and having a good feel for where the play is going. There are going to be some growing pains, but I dont see this 265lb thumper that you always hear people claiming T'eo is. The guy even shed weight last off season specifically to improve his coverage and speed.

lol Patrik Willis isn't even that great in coverage, Novoro Bowman is the guy who does all that stuff.

Btw nice mock, I would be pretty chuffed with that outcome. I went from thinking Teo could be the first pick of the draft, to thinking 3rd round after the BCS game and the whole catfish thing, to just seeing him as what he has always been, a solid late first round/early second round prospect that should be in our range.

I think I'd rather go after a NT than a guy like Bennie Logan, we have a good DE in Arthur Jones already, we need to plug someone in the middle between Jones and Ngata who can eat up two blockers. I think we go and sign a NT though instead of drafting one since NTs come on the cheap generally speaking, a Pat Sims or a Terrence Knighton would be great. Not that I'd be disappointed if we took Logan, I'd be pretty happy, he's a great player and could be the BPA at that point.

Kiko Alonso is my guy, great pick. Chris Faulk could be the eventual franchise LT after he continues to fully recover from that injury, while learning a thing or two by the hopefully re-signed McKinnie. Chris Faulk would at the very least provide some decent depth at both LT and RT, he could even shift inside in a pinch because of the way he's built. He has some Andrew Whitworth in him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post

Two reasons, really.

1. He is very versatile and he is just a good football player. He isn't a mammoth, but he plays with good technique.
    2. Ngata cannot play as many snaps as he has the last two seasons, which means in nickel and dime packages, the Ravens need guys who can line up as an under tackle/DE and get after the passer. We ran a lot of nickel and sub packages last year. I think a rotation of Art Jones, Tyson, McPhee, and Logan would be really solid.

BTW, if I had to go into the 6th and 7th round I would be looking at Dan McCullers out of Tennessee (6'6" 360lbs).

I wouldnt rule out a FA DT like Pat Sims either.

Last edited by wickedsolo; 02-19-2013 at 08:03 AM.