Page 248 of 333 FirstFirst ... 246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,965 to 2,976 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I like Smith more than you do. I think he's going to be a very good QB. He's a guy with a really good all-around game. Good instincts, good arm, good head. He's not amazing in any one area but his well-roundedness is really his greatest skill. He can do everything very solidly. I think it's a weak QB class but he's still head and shoulders above the next best QB.
    My concern about Smith is being a system QB. Holgorsen's system has produced a ton of numbers, but the QB's themselves, starting at Texas Tech (Graham Harrell, Sonny Sumbie, BJ Symons, etc.) on through to Oklahoma State, haven't done much of anything in the NFL. Unless you count Brandon Weeden!

Off the top of my head, out that whole OK St / Houston / Texas Tech crew over the past 10-12 years, only Kevin Kolb and Weeden have been high picks IIRC, and neither has distinguished himself much at the NFL level.

The few times Geno had to face anything close to a good defense in the Big 12 last year, it didn't go so well. The TD passes are always there, thanks to being able to hit Austin and Bailey for 4 yard TDs on little swing passes, but overall, the yards and completions weren't there, and they got shut down. He cleaned up against Baylor, Okla State, etc., but those teams don't have defenses worthy of Conference USA, let alone a supposed BCS conference. I saw Smith and his offense disappear in games last year, and that should be a concern. His overall passing stats are gaudy, but there are plenty of games where you could see problems handling pressure and recognizing coverages, not to mention accuracy. Also had a tendency to get down when things weren't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Since we know Ozzie loves him some small school players here are a few Schrager says to look out for

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2...preview-021413
    I watched Mellette closely at the Sr Bowl and he could really be a nice #2 at the least if he's coached well and learns to play physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If Te'o or Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree falls to 32, Mayock says Ravens will "sprint to the podium" to take either guy. Ogletree has top-ten talent, according to Mayock. Ogletree recently was arrested for DUI.
    If it's T'eo, I hope the Ravens sprint away from the podium. I might be wrong, but I just don't think he's worth a first round pick.

Blog Entries

Never watched film on Quinton Patton, but my god this boy can ball. Did anyone watch his game against A&M, four TDs!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Matt Ryan was considered a franchise quarterback coming out of Boston College, and he clearly had a high draft pick grade from everyone. The Ravens even entertained the idea of moving up in the draft to get him. The mistake the Dolphins made wasn't in hoping Flacco would be available later - it was passing on a franchise QB in the first place. There's no way Geno Smith in 2012 is held in the same regard as Matt Ryan was in 2008, so making the comparison to that situation is silly.
    I'm not comparing Smith to Ryan...my argument is more towards Parcells thinking Flacco would just be there at the top of the 2nd.

If the Chiefs believe that Geno Smith, or anybody else is going to be a franchise guy, they should make sure they take him. Trade out of the first? Sure...I realize there isn't a big demand for that first overall pick, but sometimes you might have to take less in a trade. But it's up to them to decide what they think of Smith...the media and fans thought we took Flacco too high.

Like i said before, if they pass on whoever they may believe in, instead of Flacco, they could wind up with Chad Henne.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    If it's T'eo, I hope the Ravens sprint away from the podium. I might be wrong, but I just don't think he's worth a first round pick.
    I don't want teo at all. The performance against bama scares me plus I don't want the media circus that follows him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't want teo at all. The performance against bama scares me plus I don't want the media circus that follows him.

That entire Bama OL is going to start in the NFL. Warmack looks like an elite NFL G. I am not going to hold that game against him. Teo had a heck of a season and came a very long way in his coverage skills. I never thought he was all that in the first place, but I do think he will be a solid NFL player. Maybe an EJ Henderson type.

:T2:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    That entire Bama OL is going to start in the NFL. Warmack looks like an elite NFL G. I am not going to hold that game against him. Teo had a heck of a season and came a very long way in his coverage skills. I never thought he was all that in the first place, but I do think he will be a solid NFL player. Maybe an EJ Henderson type.
    Not saying he won't be successful just worries me as a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Never watched film on Quinton Patton, but my god this boy can ball. Did anyone watch his game against A&M, four TDs!
    Leach! haha...where you been man? How come you didn't watch those links I posted months ago on Patton?

If he was in a BCS bid conference then he would have been the #1 WR prospect since November. His SrBowl performance was just icing. He's not elite at all...not even close, but he is the best WR in this class. Tennessee's duo and Allen are better athletes, but Patton is the best pure WR; followed closely by Studman Bailey, Wheaton and Hopkins IMO and in no particular order. Austin's elite athleticism and "good enough" WR skill set makes him my #1 WR of choice.

That entire Bama OL is going to start in the NFL. Warmack looks like an elite NFL G. I am not going to hold that game against him.
    Someone needs to explain this line of thinking, because I've heard it a lot: Te'o didn't look good against Alabama, but we shouldn't hold it against him because their line is of NFL caliber. You mean like the kind of line he would face week after week in the NFL???? Instead, we should look at his great season, when Notre Dame played only two teams that finished in the top 25. In other words, teams without NFL-caliber lines.

Yeah, that's exactly what concerns me.

Well I mean, everyone he faces in the NFL will be a "starter in the NFL." Hence the worry. If he can't play against Bama how is he going to do against real NFL lines?

Someone needs to explain this line of thinking, because I've heard it a lot: Te'o didn't look good against Alabama, but we shouldn't hold it against him because their line is of NFL caliber. You mean like the kind of line he would face week after week in the NFL???? Instead, we should look at his great season, when Notre Dame played only two teams that finished in the top 25. In other words, teams without NFL-caliber lines.

Yeah, that's exactly what concerns me.
    Haha yeah, this is exactly my thinking too.