Page 246 of 333 FirstFirst ... 244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,952 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    NC Raven makes a really good point about Cassel in Reids system. We all saw what he can do in a good offence (yes I realize it was the Patriots, kyle boller could probably do good there...okay probably not but still). The real issue was he had nothing to work with. Below average line, shitty receivers, etc. I think if that boost that line (probably with Joeckel and let Albert walk cause he's not worth what he wants), keep Bowe, add another reciever or a solid TE at the top of the second they would have a decent offence to go with their star power they have on defence.
    Agreed. Reid's offense compensates for a lack of an "Elite" QB. Just look at Kolb...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is why I am intrigued by Tavon Austin. Even though he is on the small side, he might very well be one of those kind of players - especially as the game moves to a speedy offensive show. I think teams can get away with small to a degree because of the rule changes and emphasis on player safety.
    Tavon Austin is going to wreck havoc out of the slot. Put him in a Percy Harvin type role and he can do it all.

A bad pick is a bad pick. Does any team really want to have a first round bust when they could have improved the team with a less spectacular, but more reliable pick? If I were a Chiefs' fan, I would much rather see them pick a guy who is going to end up being a solid lineman for ten years than a much-hyped player du jour who doesn't produce.
    One of the other posters commented that the Chiefs have "a lot of talent" and "6 pro bowlers." Without a QB, where did that get them?

Adding another talented player would be nice, but they'll never win without a QB. Smith may not be number one pick worthy but he is clearly the best QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    One of the other posters commented that the Chiefs have "a lot of talent" and "6 pro bowlers." Without a QB, where did that get them?

Adding another talented player would be nice, but they'll never win without a QB. Smith may not be number one pick worthy but he is clearly the best QB in the draft.
    But is he worthy of being the #1 guy selected? And just how much better is he going to be than other options in free agency or in the 2nd or 3rd round? I wouldn't spend my #1 pick on a question mark that big, especially if I could find a guy who could adequately do the job. If you think Geno Smith turns the Chiefs into a playoff contender, then maybe you go for it. If not, you're making a mistake as a GM. I just think there are clearly better options with that #1 pick than "the best QB in the draft". That's not an endorsement to pick a guy #1.

Blog Entries

If I was Dorsey, I wouldn't pick Geno Smith, and tbh I wouldn't pick Joeckel either. I don't understand why so many think that's what the Cheifs should do, when they can just re-sign Brandon Albert. I'd probably trade down and try and get a ransom out of it, then take Dee Milliner or something.

Geno Smith is really not that great, and probably a 2nd round projection if this was last year.

But who knows, this is a QB driven league now, teams will always reach for QBs.

But is he worthy of being the #1 guy selected? And just how much better is he going to be than other options in free agency or in the 2nd or 3rd round? I wouldn't spend my #1 pick on a question mark that big, especially if I could find a guy who could adequately do the job. If you think Geno Smith turns the Chiefs into a playoff contender, then maybe you go for it. If not, you're making a mistake as a GM. I just think there are clearly better options with that #1 pick than "the best QB in the draft". That's not an endorsement to pick a guy #1.
    Flacco in most GM's eyes wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick. Worked out fine for the Ravens. If the guy can play and he is a good pick then he is worth it, especially at the QB position. Geno Smith is a good player. He'll be a good QB. If he turns into a solid player, no one is going to care that he probably should have been taken in the top 15 rather than top 1. If he ends up sucking people will be pissed no matter where he is picked.

There are plenty of years when the best players on the board aren't taken number one. In fact that happens quite often. Suh was a much better prospect than Bradford.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If I was Dorsey, I wouldn't pick Geno Smith, and tbh I wouldn't pick Joeckel either. I don't understand why so many think that's what the Cheifs should do, when they can just re-sign Brandon Albert. I'd probably trade down and try and get a ransom out of it, then take Dee Milliner or something.

Geno Smith is really not that great, and probably a 2nd round projection if this was last year.

But who knows, this is a QB driven league now, teams will always reach for QBs.
    +1 I would trade down if possible. This draft has more depth then it does star players. I don't see Geno Smith taking the league by storm like Luck or RG3 did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    +1 I would trade down if possible. This draft has more depth then it does star players. I don't see Geno Smith taking the league by storm like Luck or RG3 did last season.
    If the Chiefs (who were 2-14 and have theoretically the most needs of any team) don't want the pick, why would anyone else want it?

If he ends up sucking people will be pissed no matter where he is picked.
    I would rather he sucked for a team other than mine.
    There are plenty of years when the best players on the board aren't taken number one. In fact that happens quite often. Suh was a much better prospect than Bradford.
    And look at where that got St. Louis: 16-31-1 since that pick. You're proving my point.

This is why I am intrigued by Tavon Austin. Even though he is on the small side, he might very well be one of those kind of players - especially as the game moves to a speedy offensive show. I think teams can get away with small to a degree because of the rule changes and emphasis on player safety.
    I like Tavon Austin as well but is he durable enough to handle the rigors of the NFL given his size?

I would rather he sucked for a team other than mine.And look at where that got St. Louis: 16-31-1 since that pick. You're proving my point.
    Not really. Bradford would have still been a bust if he was picked later in round one, or two, or three.

Why? Because he can't play. He's just not NFL quality. In the same way, if Geno Smith is NFL quality, no one will complain if he is picked 1st when he maybe should have been picked 20th.

The real decision the Chiefs need to make is whether or not Smith will develop into an NFL Caliber QB, regardless of where he is picked. If the answer is yes (and it is), it is clear he is the best QB in the draft and he is their number 1 need. No longer do you have to pay the number one pick 60 million guaranteed. Draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I like Tavon Austin as well but is he durable enough to handle the rigors of the NFL given his size?
    Good question and thus a somewhat risky pick, especially for the Ravens given their situation.