Page 242 of 333 FirstFirst ... 240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 2,893 to 2,904 of 3987
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think both those guys end up OLBs in the NFL. I'm not sure Greene is going to get much bigger at all. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind having one of those guys if the round is right; I just wouldn't be pencilling in either one as a replacement for Ray Lewis or Dannell Ellerbe (if he goes).
    If the Stelers think a 5-11, 230 pound Sean Spence can be an ILB ( and Timmons when they drafted him too... He was 6-1 and between 235 and 240 when they drafted him) i think Greene and Brown can as well.

Ellerbe was just 235 when he came into the league. I think way was 235 when he was drafted too.

Hell, last year, I really wanted Lavonte David here. Cosell thought he could play in the middle too despite his size due to aggression, technique and physicality...some guys can play bigger than their size.

I wouldn't just write a guy off because of size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    While we are on OTs, what about Chris Faulk? Would he have the ability to possibly be a LT?
    I like Faulk. People thought he could been an early pick if not for his injury

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

If I ever have a son and if he ever makes it to the draft, he'll be locked in a dungeon, training hard and playing the game I got the name of this sword in my avatar from, from graduation until April 22.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Casey Hampton would make sense for this team. They don't necessarily need to get younger at NT. They already have a young guy there. They just need to get better and Hampton would be an instant improvement.

You can't tell me Hampton next to Ngata wouldn't lead to dominance in the trenches.

You can't tell me. You can't say it.

Kevin Minter is the ILB to take. 3 down backer, reliable tackler, instincts, quickness. Ray was undersized too. Teams passed on him and have been regretting it ever since. Minter is coming into a generation where undersized backers are more suitable. He'll be fine.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I like Minter a lot, but I also really like what I've seen from Arthur Brown, and I think he can be had later for a better value. The guy flies to the football.

Blog Entries

IDK, I think Arthur Brown might go before we even pick at 32, the guy is perfect for todays NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If the Stelers think a 5-11, 230 pound Sean Spence can be an ILB ( and Timmons when they drafted him too... He was 6-1 and between 235 and 240 when they drafted him) i think Greene and Brown can as well.

Ellerbe was just 235 when he came into the league. I think way was 235 when he was drafted too.

Hell, last year, I really wanted Lavonte David here. Cosell thought he could play in the middle too despite his size due to aggression, technique and physicality...some guys can play bigger than their size.

I wouldn't just write a guy off because of size.

I looked it up and Ray was 240 (and 6'1") at the combine.
    Ellerbe was 236.
    Lavonte David was 233.

Blog Entries

I never ever understood why people put any stock into height for middle linebackers or linebackers in general. Sure, I get it for 3-4 OLBs they need to be built almost like DEs, and when you look at guys like Suggs and Kruger (absolute monsters) its not hard to think that all LBs should be that size. I really don't see how a 5'11 guy has less of an advantage over a guy who's 6'3 for the MLB position.

Yes you can label guys like Kevin Minter or Ray Lewis for being small (6'1) but that's just height. Ray Lewis played at 250 lbs eventually which is stacked for that height, while Minter weighs a solid 245 lbs. Minter is not a small guy by any means, I wouldn't like to say to his face he's small either. Ok Arthur Brown may be small for a LB (6'0, 228 lbs) but he can easily bulk up to 235, and he's SPECIAL. He really needs to bulk up to shed those blocks better, I seen him get pushed around a bit too much for my liking if I want him in a 3-4 scheme, but I would still be very happy with the potential if we pick him. I put more stock into whether he's over 230 for a LB, rather than if he's over 6'1.

Who has ever said Minter is small?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who has ever said Minter is small?
    If you read through a lot of his draft profiles, it lists him as undersized, plus a few people like Ex have said he's small.

230 to 240 is the way the nfl is going. 250 plus will soon be considered too big for ilb if it isn't already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    230 to 240 is the way the nfl is going. 250 plus will soon be considered too big for ilb if it isn't already.
    I agree for an ILB 250 + is just too big. You don't have many Vonta Leach' in this league anymore. 230-245 is perfect IMO.

This draft is filled with a really underrated class of LBs that fit that bill. Maybe there isn't a Willis, or a Brian Cushing here, but there's some very solid value players.