Page 238 of 333 FirstFirst ... 236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 2,845 to 2,856 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Potential trade partners might be teams that don't have a lot of picks this year, including:
    IND (4) - especially with our Pagano connection
    NE (5) - not sure if they'd want to work with us since we've came into their place and smacked them around a few times
    WAS (7, but no 1st rd pick) - who knows with Snyder

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Mathieu is just waiting to be the next Titus Young or Sergio Kindle.

I think the Bengals go after him.

Blog Entries

I'm with Wicked. I could care less how much weed he smoked, it's his priorities that he needs to get sorted out first. If the Ravens even have him on their board and are going to draft him whenever, I sure as hell hope that he puts football before anything else, and I hope its not in the first three rounds either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    ... Jacoby Jones made some great plays, but how many plays did he make when the ball was not placed in his lap? How many key blocks did he make in run support? How many tackles did he break after the catch? Other than one in the Super Bowl. There are still questions about his hands when he's forced to use them...
    Ex, I have great respect for you, but I must ask..."Are you nuts!". Don't downplay JJ's body of work helping to get us to the Super Bowl victory. Without his catch at Denver, there is no SB for the Ravens. Plus, many felt he should have been the SB MVP. Perhaps you would have been satisfied with resigning Lee Evans (?) IMO, JJ was outstanding as a return man and a 3rd WR... Bc

An underrated FA add for us would be Bengals DT Pat Sims, he's a load in the run game. I think if would took a Nose tackle with upside that's not quite ready to play major snaps Sims could give us 20 to 30 early down snaps a game. Casey Hampton has been mentioned up here before which i also like as well as Aubrayo Franklin.

Blog Entries

Casey Hampton was almost as bad as Ma'ake was this year, no thanks, way too old anyway. Franklin is too old for my liking. Pat Sims could be an interesting one. Age is still on his side. I think he's a little undersized for a NT in our scheme.

Terence Knighton is still my guy though.

EDIT

Ok Pat Sims is listed at 335 lbs, I take the "undersized" bit back.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I'm not a big fan unless he's there in round five. And, if the Ravens do select Tyrann Mathieu, you can forget about calling him the Honey Badger. He is on record as saying that person ended when he was dismissed from LSU, and he wants to do things the right way this time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...l-nfl/1852971/
    When he said that person ended, I hope he didn't mean the great football player, just the pot head......when we called him the Honey Badger here in La, we had no idea he was smoking pot at the time.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Casey Hampton was almost as bad as Ma'ake was this year, no thanks, way too old anyway. Franklin is too old for my liking. Pat Sims could be an interesting one. Age is still on his side. I think he's a little undersized for a NT in our scheme.

Terence Knighton is still my guy though.

EDIT

Ok Pat Sims is listed at 335 lbs, I take the "undersized" bit back.
    I've watched at least 7 or 8 steeler games last year and he was still getting doubled and holding his ground.

Hampton was not "bad" from all the times I watched them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I've watched at least 7 or 8 steeler games last year and he was still getting doubled and holding his ground.

Hampton was not "bad" from all the times I watched them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The dude had 12 tackles and no sacks this year, and is on the wrong side of 30, he had by far his worst year as a pro. I would hate it if we signed him.

Blog Entries

FWIW, PFF has Casey Hampton graded worse then Kemo.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The dude had 12 tackles and no sacks this year, and is on the wrong side of 30, he had by far his worst year as a pro. I would hate it if we signed him.
    Casey Hampton has never been a big tackle numbers guy, even in his prime...he has never had more than 27 tackles in a season and rarely was out of the teens. And he obviously isn't a sack guy...he has 9 in a 12 year career.

Citing stats for Casey Hampton is not the way to support the "bad year" argument....they are mostly in line with his career. With him, it's always been about him overpowering centers and commanding double teams and I still saw that this year.

Now, the age, and former Steeler thing I understand, and whoever signs him knows they are not getting a full time player and that he is a stopgap strong rotation guy. But for all the love for Knighton, there is an incredibly slim chance we will be able to afford him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Casey Hampton has never been a big tackle numbers guy, even in his prime...he has never had more than 27 tackles in a season and rarely was out of the teens. And he obviously isn't a sack guy...he has 9 in a 12 year career.

Citing stats for Casey Hampton is not the way to support the "bad year" argument....they are mostly in line with his career. With him, it's always been about him overpowering centers and commanding double teams and I still saw that this year.

Now, the age, and former Steeler thing I understand, and whoever signs him knows they are not getting a full time player and that he is a stopgap strong rotation guy. But for all the love for Knighton, there is an incredibly slim chance we will be able to afford him.
    This, Franklin was solid for San Diego as well. With these guys you'd get them relatively on the cheap and they'd do their job, which is occupy blockers on run downs.