Page 236 of 333 FirstFirst ... 234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,832 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I think Mathieu will be drafted somewhere.

I don't think he will be undrafted.

I also am a fan of Swearinger...he reminds me of Pollard with better ball skills.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'd take a shot at the Honey Badger....
    Me too. I really would like to see what he is like now and if he overcame all that adversity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm really warming to Hopkins being BPA when we pick. If we can't trade back I think we will take him. Then try and move up in rounds two and three to secure Arthur Brown and Brandon Williams.
    I want Hopkins with the first pick and trade back up in the 2nd for Ogletree, Minter, or T'eo.

I think all three of those guys drop.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Screw that, so he puffed a little ganja... he would have been a first rounder, possibly top 5, and actually as bad as this draft class is, he might be the very best player in the whole draft. I'd pull the trigger on a comp 3rd(if we have one) possibly evne our natural 3, definately by early 4.
    I'd take a shot on him with one of our comp picks as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Screw that, so he puffed a little ganja... he would have been a first rounder, possibly top 5, and actually as bad as this draft class is, he might be the very best player in the whole draft. I'd pull the trigger on a comp 3rd(if we have one) possibly evne our natural 3, definately by early 4.
    Puffed a little ganja!

I dont care about that.

What I do care about is his getting busted in intent charges (IIRC) after getting booted from LSU and after rehab.

The kid just doesnt seem to have his shit together. Furthermore, he isnt really a corner and he isnt really a safety....thst alone makes him a late round pick, you know?

Agreed. I would use a third rounder. I know it was stupid for him, considering the drug testing and his future, but I don't think many people understand how high (no pun intended) the rate of marijuana usage is these days especially in college.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Puffed a little ganja!

I dont care about that.

What I do care about is his getting busted in intent charges (IIRC) after getting booted from LSU and after rehab.

The kid just doesnt seem to have his shit together. Furthermore, he isnt really a corner and he isnt really a safety....thst alone makes him a late round pick, you know?

I feel he may have gone through a rough patch after LSU, but he could have his life back together.

As for what he brings as a player, IDC what position he gets labeled at. You NEED this guy on your team. Simple as that. The NFL these days is a passing league. He is the perfect nickelback CB/returner. I would use a 3rd rounder without even thinking about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post

Agreed. I would use a third rounder. I know it was stupid for him, considering the drug testing and his future, but I don't think many people understand how high (no pun intended) the rate of marijuana usage is these days especially in college.
    Again...a lot of dudes smoke in the NFL.

However, not many of them deal and get caught smoking.

Mathieu just seems pretty immature and risky. Also...where does he play? He is too small to be an every down corner or safety and hw isnt fast enough either.

Good instincts though. Just not sure where he plays.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post

I feel he may have gone through a rough patch after LSU, but he could have his life back together.

As for what he brings as a player, IDC what position he gets labeled at. You NEED this guy on your team. Simple as that. The NFL these days is a passing league. He is the perfect nickelback CB/returner. I would use a 3rd rounder without even thinking about it.
    Maybe they do.

I personally would be surprised if he went before round 4.

Blog Entries

It's not easy to get caught selling weed at college.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    5?

I was thinking UDFA.
    Well, five tops. A five for the Ravens is almost a sixth. That fifth rounder is going to be at least the 160s pick. And I agree with you - at 5' 8", the guy is without a true position. I think he ends up being a nickelback and special teamer, and that doesn't warrant anything higher than a late five. Especially for a guy with multiple red flags.

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Can anyone see Ozzie not picking on the first day at all. I'm thinking we won't pick til round 2.
    I think there is a better than 50% chance Ozzie trades back into the top of the second round. Maybe only six or seven picks, but I think it happens. When that 32nd pick comes, there are going to be multiple options for the Ravens, and not one guy is going to stand out above the others. He trades back, picks up a mid-round pick, then packages a late pick or two with the 62nd pick to move up into the 45-55 range to get another guy he wants.