Page 235 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 2,809 to 2,820 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

By the way, is Denario Alexander a FA? Now, if we were to release Jacoby Jones, that is a young man that I would focus my attention on, while the more well known names grab all of the attention.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is actually like the 3rd time in an around about way bringing shit up I've said in the past when I already admitted I was wrong.

The Jets and the Cheifs aren't very good teams with or without GOOD QBs thats what I'm saying. They are more than a QB away from competing. Alex Smith is a good option for talented teams that need a QB to manage the game for them. There really isn't many of those teams out there atm because all the good teams are set at QB now, but last year Seattle could have had Alex Smith and would have probably made the play offs. The Jets need to start over and get a young QB like Kirk Cousins, instead of getting a game manager, because they aren't very good on defense anymore, and they can't run the ball to save their lives.

Basically what I'm saying is, I like Alex Smith for a tough defense/good running type team, but not for a team looking to rebuild. Thats not contradicting anything at all.
    first time I've brought it up, but commented when other people have as well. There's a difference.

Can anyone see Ozzie not picking on the first day at all. I'm thinking we won't pick til round 2.
    As listening here, a lot of talent and value can be had in 2nd and mid rounds.
    I think this draft is going to be a whole lot of moving up and down, cause of rookie scale( I love that rookie scale), about time.

But can it be a great Possibility we will not pick in day one?

I'm really warming to Hopkins being BPA when we pick. If we can't trade back I think we will take him. Then try and move up in rounds two and three to secure Arthur Brown and Brandon Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    By the way, is Denario Alexander a FA? Now, if we were to release Jacoby Jones, that is a young man that I would focus my attention on, while the more well known names grab all of the attention.
    This is only his 2nd year in the league so he should be RFA. When the rams released him we should have snagged him up then. Hell be too much money by the time he hits FA, but i agree hes a hell of a player with a bright future.
    -JAB

I think we will receive 3-4 comp selections as high as round 3(Grubbs) since we signed very few exclusive rgiths free agents last year. Jocaoby was a street free agent since he was cut. I know we signed Corey Graham and Sean Constidine but we also lost Zibby, Nakmura, JJ, Brandon McKinney, and Redding. If we have a total of 11 or so picks I see us moving around (up) if a targeted player drops but not out of the round. We have a lot of wholes but not a ton of roster spots available. I guess I mean this isnt a year to move back to round 2 to pick up an extra 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Can anyone see Ozzie not picking on the first day at all. I'm thinking we won't pick til round 2.
    As listening here, a lot of talent and value can be had in 2nd and mid rounds.
    I think this draft is going to be a whole lot of moving up and down, cause of rookie scale( I love that rookie scale), about time.

But can it be a great Possibility we will not pick in day one?
    I think, if that's the case, it would signal that Oz liked the value in rounds 2 and 3 and would then be trying to move back up into that range perhaps a coupel fo times. I do not think we will pick 11 players, which means I feel he will move up at least once or twice, and a trade back mght make that occurr 3 times or more. I could see a scenario where we end up with 3 2nd round picks, or 2 each in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I too like the value proposition that the Honey Badger presents.

Blog Entries

Watched some tape of DJ Swearinger...he certainly packs a punch. Plays like a Raven...problem is playing like a Raven in today's NFL means penalties.

The clips I saw, he drew a lot of penalties on some vicious hits. I think it might be hard to teach this kid to alter his strike zone and avoid NFL penalties, but he would be an awesome pick I think in Round 3 or later. If he is a smash at the combine I think his draft stock could really rise.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I too like the value proposition that the Honey Badger presents.
    I'm not a big fan unless he's there in round five. And, if the Ravens do select Tyrann Mathieu, you can forget about calling him the Honey Badger. He is on record as saying that person ended when he was dismissed from LSU, and he wants to do things the right way this time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...l-nfl/1852971/

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Watched some tape of DJ Swearinger...he certainly packs a punch. Plays like a Raven...problem is playing like a Raven in today's NFL means penalties.

The clips I saw, he drew a lot of penalties on some vicious hits. I think it might be hard to teach this kid to alter his strike zone and avoid NFL penalties, but he would be an awesome pick I think in Round 3 or later. If he is a smash at the combine I think his draft stock could really rise.
    Big fan. I like the versatility as well. Third round would be great; fourth round would be even better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

I'm not a big fan unless he's there in round five. And, if the Ravens do select Tyrann Mathieu, you can forget about calling him the Honey Badger. He is on record as saying that person ended when he was dismissed from LSU, and he wants to do things the right way this time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...l-nfl/1852971/
    5?

I was thinking UDFA.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    5?

I was thinking UDFA.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Screw that, so he puffed a little ganja... he would have been a first rounder, possibly top 5, and actually as bad as this draft class is, he might be the very best player in the whole draft. I'd pull the trigger on a comp 3rd(if we have one) possibly evne our natural 3, definately by early 4.