Page 234 of 333 FirstFirst ... 232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,797 to 2,808 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    its the first time I've done it, and only reason I've done it was bcause you've went from saying he could come here to not understanding why people like him. You contradict yourself all the time and don't think people notice when in fact they do and you've been called out by a few different people on a few different occasions.
    This is actually like the 3rd time in an around about way bringing shit up I've said in the past when I already admitted I was wrong.

The Jets and the Cheifs aren't very good teams with or without GOOD QBs thats what I'm saying. They are more than a QB away from competing. Alex Smith is a good option for talented teams that need a QB to manage the game for them. There really isn't many of those teams out there atm because all the good teams are set at QB now, but last year Seattle could have had Alex Smith and would have probably made the play offs. The Jets need to start over and get a young QB like Kirk Cousins, instead of getting a game manager, because they aren't very good on defense anymore, and they can't run the ball to save their lives.

Basically what I'm saying is, I like Alex Smith for a tough defense/good running type team, but not for a team looking to rebuild. Thats not contradicting anything at all.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-16-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Blog Entries

If you can look at the nature of what Paul Kruger was asked to do, you can also look at the nature of what Ellerbe was asked to do, as well as the nature of what his replacement would be asked to do.

Ellerbe has taken up the position that Bart Scott used to hold, that Ed Hartwell used to hold. The responsibility for that position, as the Ravens dictate through their defensive system, is to blitz and blow up the hole so that the other ILB can come in a pick up the pieces. Ellerbe fits in that role. If anybody would be asked to hang around in coverage more, it would be the guy stepping into Ray's spot.

Paul Kruger couldn't fully fill the shoes of the Jarret Johnson role, which is why it will only be a matter of time before Courtney Upshaw becomes a full time starter. The responsibilities of that position, as the Ravens dictate by their defensive system, is to set the edge in run defense, drop into zone coverage and provide a bit of pass rush along the way. Kruger doesn't fit the nature of the way the Ravens want that position to be played.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Great points. But Kruger brings a dimension that neither JJ or Upshaw can. I just really like the idea of kruger opposite a fully healthy Suggs with Ngata in the middle, to me, that's whats the NFL is geared up for these days. You can get by with average MLBs (not saying we should just plug the middle of our defense in with average players, its certainly a big need) when you have a great defensive line. Look at the Giants in 2011, they had some pretty average LBs, but the Dline was out of this world in the play offs, and they went on to win the SB off the back off their defense getting after the QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Great points. But Kruger brings a dimension that neither JJ or Upshaw can. I just really like the idea of kruger opposite a fully healthy Suggs with Ngata in the middle, to me, that's whats the NFL is geared up for these days. You can get by with average MLBs (not saying we should just plug the middle of our defense in with average players, its certainly a big need) when you have a great defensive line. Look at the Giants in 2011, they had some pretty average LBs, but the Dline was out of this world in the play offs, and they went on to win the SB off the back off their defense getting after the QB.
    If you don't think that Kruger would get 9 million, what do you think he would get?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

If you don't think that Kruger would get 9 million, what do you think he would get?
    9mill at most.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone offered him anywhere from 7 to 9, but 9 mill would be the upper end IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think Kruger would stay here for 6/7 million a year, that may be pissing into the wind a little bit, but everything I've heard from sources/reports, and from what he's been saying, that's what I see. The Ravens, I think will be willing to spend 7 million a year on Kruger, pass rushers are so valuable these days. Paul Kruger, despite popular belief is an every down player at this point, but because we have talent behind him, he isn't going to see every snap.

I think Ellerbe will get 5 million a year. I would pay an extra 2 million a day on a guy I believe can get to the QB 9-12 times per year, force a bunch of turnovers, and work well along with Suggs, and probably eventually take that role over when Suggs retires, over a guy who's a run thumper/inside blitzer who we can find in the draft to replace at a much cheaper price, and get another coverage guy at a cheap price.

Who are your top 10 players in this draft? I want to see how far I am off

I made this list on NFL Draft Zone and had my writers input as well, so we put together a top 10 list, who do you think is the best?

I think Jarvis Jones is really good, but who do you have as your best? Top Ten Lists?

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/n...013-nfl-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by drocksthaparty View Post
    I made this list on NFL Draft Zone and had my writers input as well, so we put together a top 10 list, who do you think is the best?

I think Jarvis Jones is really good, but who do you have as your best? Top Ten Lists?

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/n...013-nfl-draft/

I do different lists and mock based on perspective. My perspective on "top" lists is: if I was a GM trying to give over the playoff hump (so drafting 10-20), who would I attempt to trade up for?
    My list would only ever include elite QBs, elite WRs, elite OTs and elite pass rushers/disruptors. Thus, a very short 2013 list for me...

1. Joeckel
    2. Loutelelei
    3. Fisher

Blog Entries

Jarvis Jones is vastly overrated IMO and will fall past 10. He gets blown up a lot in run defense, and isn't a great run defender. The comparisons to Von Miller are ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

I do different lists and mock based on perspective. My perspective on "top" lists is: if I was a GM trying to give over the playoff hump (so drafting 10-20), who would I attempt to trade up for?
    My list would only ever include elite QBs, elite WRs, elite OTs and elite pass rushers/disruptors. Thus, a very short 2013 list for me...

1. Joeckel
    2. Loutelelei
    3. Fisher
    I would agree with this.

I would round out the top 5 with Dee Milliner and Chance Warmack.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Reed isn't re-signed, I'm really torn between Elam and Vaccoro, I think both are going to be really really good players. I think if both were on the board, I'd take Vaccoro, mainly because he is awesome in coverage, and Elam is more of a run thumper, which we already have in Pollard.

On the LB front, Arthur Jones, Kevin Minter, Manti Teo, and Kasheem Greene are all great prospects I'd like as first/high 2nd round picks, but Kevin Reddick is really really good too, and if we missed out on the other four LBs, I would love Reddick as our 2nd round pick even if he did have a down year. Kiko Alonso is another LB I'm interested in, but probably more of a late 3rd/early 4th round guy.

On the Dline, I want Joe Kruger or Brandon Williams, either would be great, both would be awesome.

This draft is so deep in mid round prospects. Works out well for us.

I'd take a shot at the Honey Badger....
    Way Down South in New Orleans