Page 233 of 333 FirstFirst ... 231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,785 to 2,796 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Dwight Freeney has been told that he will not be with Indianapolis next season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    No way I would want Titus Young. He's been trouble everywhere he's been.
    Or maybe he's too far gone. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Apparently, Austin Collie will be right behind him.

You know, this might be turning out well for the Ravens. With the cap not increasing, it will force many teams to release valuable players, thus flooding the market. Remember how many ILBs were on the market last year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Apparently, Austin Collie will be right behind him.

You know, this might be turning out well for the Ravens. With the cap not increasing, it will force many teams to release valuable players, thus flooding the market. Remember how many ILBs were on the market last year?
    Good point Ex.

That could definitely be a big possibility.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good point Ex.

That could definitely be a big possibility.
    My gut still tells me that someone will outbid the Ravens for Paul Kruger. However, it might work in their favor for Ellerbe. Pass rushers are in high demand. Personally, I think that Kruger will continue to struggle against the run, in coverage and without another quality pass rusher opposite him, but someone will pay him to be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Honestly I see Woodson getting more than the vet minimum. If Birk can get more why can't he?
    No, you're right. More wishful thinking on my part. Obviously no one is going to pay him was he was going to make this year in GB (~$9M) but someone is going to give Woodson good money to play Safety in their backfield.

Was hoping at his age he might come a little cheaper.

Blog Entries

Paul Kruger was actually really good in coverage this year. His run defense is average. Frankly, he's a more valuable player in todays NFL than Ellerbe is. As good was Ellerbe was this year, lets not forget that he's not great in coverage, and is a North/South LB, and struggles on 3rd downs. I'd rather pay Kruger 6-8 Million a year than pay Ellerbe 5/6 million a year.

Blog Entries

Really good in coverage? I don't know about all that.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Paul Kruger was actually really good in coverage this year. His run defense is average. Frankly, he's a more valuable player in todays NFL than Ellerbe is. As good was Ellerbe was this year, lets not forget that he's not great in coverage, and is a North/South LB, and struggles on 3rd downs. I'd rather pay Kruger 6-8 Million a year than pay Ellerbe 5/6 million a year.
    Agreed that he is more valuable than Ellerbe. Problem is the Ravens have a massive hole at ILB without Ellerbe. They have two guys in Upshaw and Suggs that play OLB. I think Kruger is getting 9m+ a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Really good in coverage? I don't know about all that.
    3-4 OLBs aren't supposed to drop back into coverage much, but he was really good for someone of that position. Maybe really good is over exaggerating it, but he was decent for what a pass rusher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Agreed that he is more valuable than Ellerbe. Problem is the Ravens have a massive hole at ILB without Ellerbe. They have two guys in Upshaw and Suggs that play OLB. I think Kruger is getting 9m+ a year.
    I doubt he gets 9M a year. I read a report a week or two back that Seattle were interested, but not for 9M a year. Kruger also said he was open for a hometown discount, which is pretty nice. Marshall Yanda took a home town discount to stay in Baltimore over the Redskins (who I'm pretty sure offered him around 3 million more than our offer). Not saying Kruger will be the same, but he seems to really like it on this team. The fact that we just won the SB, and with Ray retiring, Kruger may even like the potential of him becoming more of a leader of this defense.

ILBs are not extremely hard to find. For example, you could actually save more money by signing a more proven but older player like Nick Barnett who is now on the market, and he can cover a lot better than what Ellerbe can. Not saying we should just go out and sign a 31 year old LB, but I'm just using him as an example. Pass rushers on the other hand are much harder to find, and make a much bigger impact on a defense in todays game.

Plus if the Dline is good, it generally helps the ILBs no matter how average they are. You get a healthy Suggs, and a healthy Ngata, to go along with Art Jones/McPhee, and Kruger/Upshaw plus one or two decent players I expect to be drafted, that Dline is likely to be as good as it was in 2011. Josh Bynes and a rookie would look better behind that line. Now, again, I very much doubt we go into the season with Josh Bynes and a rookie as the starters, but its something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No, I didn't flat out say, lets trade Alex Smith for Flacco. I said Alex Smith can play for a talented team and have success for a very cheap price, which is pretty much true. I said that IF Flacco priced him self out of Baltimore (bearing in mind this was after arguably his worst performance in his career) that Alex Smith may be someone to look at.

Again, I love how you like to bring up things people said back in Novemeber/December, when I already admitted that I was wrong about where Flacco ranks in the league. We've moved on past that now.
    its the first time I've done it, and only reason I've done it was bcause you've went from saying he could come here to not understanding why people like him. You contradict yourself all the time and don't think people notice when in fact they do and you've been called out by a few different people on a few different occasions.