Page 232 of 333 FirstFirst ... 230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,773 to 2,784 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO the Ravens are going to be especially leery of "head cases" this year for no other reason than no one knows what the locker room is going to be like without #52. It might be just as cohesive & able to "straighten out" a guy like Young--but if it isn't, bringing in someone like him is going to tear at the fabric of the team. I expect them to be very careful until they have a decent grasp of what life after Ray is going to be like.
    He will be on a very short leash wherever he goes (if anywhere). The first sight of any disruption caused by him = cut by any team with or without a locker room presence like Ray.

Basically this guy, if he wants to play, has to be an angel from here on out.

Blog Entries

Suggs is NOT going to be getting surgery on his torn bi-cep, and will rehab instead. Plans to be fully healthy for the 2013 season.

Great news I guess. Had he got surgery, his offseason would have been limited for getting into 2011 shape again.

Will not be surprised if NYJ snaps up Young.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't see the obsession with Alex Smith. If I was a Jets fan or a KC fan, I'd rather try like fuck to trade for a Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins who are young with plenty of talent. You know what you're getting with Alex Smith, Trent Difler.
    Weren't you one of those wanting us to bring in smith and not resign flacco only a couple of months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Will not be surprised if NYJ snaps up Young.
    The report I read said he might be through with football. I don't know if that's of his choosing or the fact that no one will take him, but it's an incredible waste of talent. What a schmuck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Weren't you one of those wanting us to bring in smith and not resign flacco only a couple of months ago?
    No, I didn't flat out say, lets trade Alex Smith for Flacco. I said Alex Smith can play for a talented team and have success for a very cheap price, which is pretty much true. I said that IF Flacco priced him self out of Baltimore (bearing in mind this was after arguably his worst performance in his career) that Alex Smith may be someone to look at.

Again, I love how you like to bring up things people said back in Novemeber/December, when I already admitted that I was wrong about where Flacco ranks in the league. We've moved on past that now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FI-TQyAO8I

This is a target/carry tape, not a highlight tape...at least I think so, b/c that's what the "owner" usually posts on his YT page.
    You can see several blocking plays as well.
    Expectation-wise, he's no way the blocker that Leach is, but he's a much better receiver. Based on this tape, he'd be better than Rice. His route and catch at 2:48 is pretty damn good. Generally, he has above average wiggle for a guy carrying 240lbs. Definitely, a nice player overall. Has some attitude also, which is good. However, I didn't see it at the Senior Bowl, but maybe he was just a bit star-struck and more "respectfully" of the much, much better competition.
    Yeah, that's from DraftBreakdown which is a very nice site for pretty comprehensive game tape. Juszczyk is a really nice player, obviously the level of competition is a concern but his ability jumps off the screen in a big way. He actually got good reviews from the Senior Bowl practices, even being compared to Vonta Leach at one point when he pancaked a LB in a blitz pickup drill. I would really like to see the Ravens pick him up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Don't know if this has been brought up previously in the thread:

But if something can't be worked out with Reed, maybe take a look at Charles Woodson, at Vet minimum of course, and don't know if he'd play for that. He's 36 and is about to be released from the Packers. Use to be a corner and is now a Safety.

Reminds me of another Woodson that was brought in years ago.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...packers-source
    Honestly I see Woodson getting more than the vet minimum. If Birk can get more why can't he?

Blog Entries

According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, Cal WR Keenan Allen has "not looked anything special" in pre-Combine workouts and "failed to separate himself" from the receivers he's training with. Allen has reportedly not showed the "wow" factor typically associated with a high draft pick, according to Pauline's sources. Allen, listed at 6-foot-3, 210, is coming off a knee injury that cut his junior season three games short. As a sophomore in 2011, Allen racked up 98 receptions, 1,343 yards, and six TDs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, Cal WR Keenan Allen has "not looked anything special" in pre-Combine workouts and "failed to separate himself" from the receivers he's training with. Allen has reportedly not showed the "wow" factor typically associated with a high draft pick, according to Pauline's sources. Allen, listed at 6-foot-3, 210, is coming off a knee injury that cut his junior season three games short. As a sophomore in 2011, Allen racked up 98 receptions, 1,343 yards, and six TDs.
    Yea, I could actually see him sliding into the 3rd round.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

There is no structure in Detroit and it starts with the head coach. Greg Williams, Jim Schwartz and Jeff Fisher are all of the same mold: Player coaches who will stomp on your throat when the get the chance, but who struggle to manage team disruptions and other issues.

Titus Young needs structure and I think he could get it here. Look at how many players have come here, from other teams, and raved about the structure and overall uniqueness of the organization?

My issue with Titus Young is whether or not he can stay healthy. However, for 1-2 million, I would be willing to find out.

As for Randy Moss, need I dig up the seemingly endless thread about Moss from last year? The one where I have actually quotes from some of the best talent in the league, coaches and personnel alike, that detail how the general fanbase misconstrues Randy's ways?

I'm not saying the man's an angel. He had a blip on the radar, his second time around in Minnesota and the story about the caterers was true. However, much of this idea that he constantly takes plays off, is actually Moss setting up his routes and that's part of what makes him great. Player quotes and coaches quotes show it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

No way I would want Titus Young. He's been trouble everywhere he's been.

Young was frequently in trouble off the field during his career at Boise State. He was suspended for most of his sophomore season after fighting with a teammate. This led many NFL teams to pass on him in the 2011 draft. In May 2012, the Lions sent Young home after he sucker-punched Louis Delmas. In November 2012, the Lions sent him home again for conduct detrimental to the team. According to Lions coaches, Young deliberately lined up in the wrong position twice and got into a verbal confrontation with receivers coach Shawn Jefferson.[7][8] It was the last down Young played for the Lions. He was declared inactive for the team's Thanksgiving Day game a week later and told to stay away from the facility. On December 5, the Lions placed Young on injured reserve, ending his season. To express his frustration, Young tweeted about not wanting to play anymore if he did not get the ball.[9] Young was released a little more than a month later.