Page 230 of 266 FirstFirst ... 180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I'd move up a few spots in the first to take Austin.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Jets are the right word. Especially since he can get open in space, catch the ball, then kick into gear quickly.

Turn down the awful music and check the video out. This kid is explosive. His height though might be the only issue unless he is strictly looked at as a slot guy at 5-8. Most CB's are taller than that.

I really really really really want Tavon Austin. lol Our offense would be so nasty.

Blog Entries

We should trade up with Atlanta to grab Austina nd stick it to Belicheat for last year, I actually preferred the Upshaw pick over Hightower anyway.

With that said, I'm still a firm believer in rebuilding the trenches this year.

Blog Entries

“Wes Welker, that’s the No. 1 guy,” he said. “I see how Wes does it, I watch a lot of tape of him, and I think I move a little quicker and faster than Wes, so if he can do it, I know I can do it too.” Tavon Austin

I'm beginning to really love Austin watching him. He just gets open, Austin then Greene in round 2 and trade up for Brandon Williams round three is what I want right now.

Blog Entries

Tavon Austin is special, I don't know if he comes anywhere close to us. Imagine someone like Pete Carroll jumping all over this guy.

Blog Entries
    First, Austin is great. I dont know if he is a 1st rounder though. Hia height is going to hurt him big time. I think he will be there jn the 2nd for the Ravens.

Keep in mind, he is a WR and is competing against guys like Cordarelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Harper, and Keenan Allen who are highly rated prospects in their own right.

The thing with Austin is that he isn't a #1 receiver. Those other guys have legitimate shots at being a team's #1.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    First, Austin is great. I dont know if he is a 1st rounder though. Hia height is going to hurt him big time. I think he will be there jn the 2nd for the Ravens.

Keep in mind, he is a WR and is competing against guys like Cordarelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Harper, and Keenan Allen who are highly rated prospects in their own right.

The thing with Austin is that he isn't a #1 receiver. Those other guys have legitimate shots at being a team's #1.

However, we've seen the damage that a good quick slot WR can do. Will that reality rub off on GMs? It's certainly rubbed off on me enough to want him.

Think about the mismatches that he could create in the slot. Very few teams have their best CBs, with the ability to play in the slot. The Ravens are one of the few. With Torrey on the outside, he's not likely to see a team's top CB anyway.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    For those interested per the Ravens twitter account they've met with OG Chance Warmack from Alabama.
    They're asking him about guys he's faced: Richardson, Floyd, Jesse Williams, Joseph, etc. Also maybe about Barrett Jones and Fluker.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

However, we've seen the damage that a good quick slot WR can do. Will that reality rub off on GMs? It's certainly rubbed off on me enough to want him.
    Some fans also want Ozzie to trade up for Lane Johnson.

Fans were also appalled when he traded up for Bernard Pierce.

What fans want and what Ozzie does are two completely different things.

I would love to see Austin in a Raven's uniform. However, I am also of the mindset that most teams wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a 5'8"/5'9" receiver. Think about it. When was the last time a 5'8"/5'9" slot receiver/kick returner went in round 1?

DeSean Jackson was viewed as a similar type of player when he came out and he was a 2nd rounder.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

They're asking him about guys he's faced: Richardson, Floyd, Jesse Williams, Joseph, etc. Also maybe about Barrett Jones.
    I am sure they are interviewing him too.

There is no way he would drop, but if he did Ozzie would be all over him. He is arguably the best player in this draft.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wicked...I have the utmost respect for your opinions, .......AND I believe that NO WAY is Austin still there at 62. Hope you're right.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post

Wicked...I have the utmost respect for your opinions, .......AND I believe that NO WAY is Austin still there at 62. Hope you're right.
    I dont know if he will fall that far either. Perhaps a bit of an overstatement ln my part.

What I think is a more reasonable scenario (for getting Austin) is doing what they did last year and trading back into round 2 and picking him there.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Boldin, Torrey, Austin and Moss.

Even better.
    I don't think Santana Moss really fits our system and I KNOW that he's the only WR named Moss in the NFL right now who even deserves consideration from a sane or rational GM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I don't think Santana Moss really fits our system and I KNOW that he's the only WR named Moss in the NFL right now who even deserves consideration from a sane or rational GM.