Page 229 of 333 FirstFirst ... 227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,737 to 2,748 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Injury history only bothers me if it's something with a chance to recur because of the prior injury. If it's just a bunch of disconnected things, like sprains, stingers, etc., those could happen to anybody any time, even guys who have never been hurt before. Off the top of my head I can't think of any future concerns about a recurrence of anything with him, but then again, I can't really recall what his past injuries were. Is there anything he's had that might be something to worry about down the line?
    broken thumbs, ankle sprains, elbow i believe, but the one with cause for concern and made him miss the most time last year was hamstrings which can certainly be problematic. i tend do agree its worth the gamble (because he didnt have a flair up this year and played through other injuries) but it is a legitimate debate.

Sidenote: i just read an article about the steelers cap issues and i must say, as much concern as we have around here, im glad we dont have their philosophy. 100 million invested in their top 10 cap hits vs us at roughly 69 (even if you assume Flacco were still much better off). Definitely not the way to go about it when talking restructures.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Sidenote: i just read an article about the steelers cap issues and i must say, as much concern as we have around here, im glad we dont have their philosophy. 100 million invested in their top 10 cap hits vs us at roughly 69 (even if you assume Flacco were still much better off). Definitely not the way to go about it when talking restructures.
    a lot of teams are in cap trouble. going to be a really interesting offseason.

Blog Entries

Ellerbe also had a back injury. He said he was in really bad pain during the AFC Championship. I remember seeing him icing his back on the sideline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    a lot of teams are in cap trouble. going to be a really interesting offseason.
    yeah the steelers werent even the worst offenders, the Jets have 110 invested and i believe they said the Cowboys have 90 or so. If it wasnt a league wide issue id be a lot more worried but theres a lot less teams with an abundance than up against it seems.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    John Clayton on ESPN this morning said that he expects Joe Flacco to be signed before free agency and that he thinks Kruger will be a Raven next year.

Not sure how or why he thinks that, but it is interesting to hear other's takes.

Personally, I'd rather Ellerbe over Kruger because I think we could get away with Upshaw, Suggs, McClellan, Hamilton, and (hopefully) a draft pick.

I'm not so sure that we have enough solid depth at ILB to really produce a good unit. Though, I guess if our DL is outstanding then we can line almost anyone up at ILB and they'll be ok. The Giants won a SB with Chase Blackburn as their MLB.
    Agree with this. I give Ellerbe higher priority over Kruger. Regardless of what happens with Ellerbe Ozzie has already said the draft will focus on the middle of the defense (DTs, LBs, Safeties)

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I've been big on going to more of an H-Back utilization if we have to let Leach go...those undersized TE's who can catch are huge in today's game.

Casey in particular though is doubtful...he likely will be making around the same money as Leach. Those guys are typically mid round picks and if you use them right, they can be weapons for you. Maybe a guy like Willie Carter out of Tulsa in the mid/late rounds.
    My current draft "theme" is getting big, versatile, athletic players that can block and catch from multiple positions. I've been advocating for a while now taking an athletic mismatch TE who can play the in-line position and allow Pitta to roam around in the slot, out wide, and in the backfield so that we can play mostly 2TE looks. But I really would not be surprised at all to see us also add a FB/HB/TE in addition to that even if we get a TE early. James Casey is kind of the prototype for that position.

Kyle Juszczyk out of Harvard is my favorite player in that mold. VERY athletic and physical, he mostly played HB/TE in Harvard's offense, but he should be able to play FB as well with his physicality and blocking. He is such a mismatch as a pass catcher though, he has super soft hands and is very elusive for being 6'1 260 or so. Leach is a great player, but it's time to get younger, cheaper, and more athletic at the position. We are not going to be an I-formation power running team next year IMO.

I am really excited about what our offense could look like with the prospects available in this draft and a creative OC calling the shots next year. The Patriots over the past few years have shown that you can build an offense around somewhat unconventional pieces as long as you have dynamic players who have good chemistry w/the QB. They have very little in the way of dominant outside WRs but are extremely dangerous with TEs and slot receivers over the middle. Even if we have to lose Anquan and/or Jacoby if we can acquire a dominant TE like Tyler Eifert or Gavin Escobar we can just go 2TE in the passing game and still be dominant.

Blog Entries

Speaking of miss matches at TE, I really want Travis Kelce, somehow!

Random side note, does anyone think the Jets will trade with San Fran: Revis for Alex Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Random side note, does anyone think the Jets will trade with San Fran: Revis for Alex Smith?

Awful value for NYJ, which doesn't mean they won't do it...even with Tannebaum gone.

Blog Entries

Packers are about to release Charles Woodson. I would think that would dampen the market for Ed Reed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lease-woodson/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm sure the Niners would love that.

Only one problem though ...Alex Smith is a free agent and free to sign anywhere.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure the Niners would love that.

Only one problem though ...Alex Smith is a free agent and free to sign anywhere.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I'm pretty sure Smith signed a 2 year contract so I don't think he is a free agent.

Pretty sure I've also heard a lot of media types saying that the Niners will be trying to trade Smith and if they can't find a trade partner, they will cut him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.