Page 227 of 333 FirstFirst ... 225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 2,713 to 2,724 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    John Clayton on ESPN this morning said that he expects Joe Flacco to be signed before free agency and that he thinks Kruger will be a Raven next year.

Not sure how or why he thinks that, but it is interesting to hear other's takes.

Personally, I'd rather Ellerbe over Kruger because I think we could get away with Upshaw, Suggs, McClellan, Hamilton, and (hopefully) a draft pick.

I'm not so sure that we have enough solid depth at ILB to really produce a good unit. Though, I guess if our DL is outstanding then we can line almost anyone up at ILB and they'll be ok. The Giants won a SB with Chase Blackburn as their MLB.
    If Kruger re-signs, that just tells you everything you need to know about how much in demand pass rushers are in todays league. The FO are willing to pay a pass rusher who shares 50 % of his snaps with Upshaw a significant amount of cash.

Blog Entries

Btw his brother from Utah, Joe Kruger, is someone the Ravens will likely consider. The guy is a beast, he actually reminds me of JJ Watt. Would be a perfect fit as a 3-4 end in our system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Actually he was really good at RT this year and played every single snap at RT. Don't remember him getting benched at all.
    That would mean Oher back at LT.

I like the idea of Beatty or Baker though. Get them on a 2-3 year deal, draft a guy like Faulk, Quessenberry, or Menelik Watson and give them a year or two to be groomed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Gosder Cherilus?

There is a reason why Detroit moved him from RT to guard and then to the bench after they drafted Reiff. Cherilus has the size, but man...no way. He'd be worse at LT than Oher. I'd rather give Jah Reid a shot at LT over Cherilus.

Beatty or Sam Baker may be intriguing. The problem with both of them is injury issues though. Especially with Beatty. I think last season was the first year that he didn't miss a ton of time.
    He had more snaps the megatron or Stafford, I highly doubt he was benched.

Blog Entries

John Clayton on ESPN this morning said that he expects Joe Flacco to be signed before free agency and that he thinks Kruger will be a Raven next year.

Not sure how or why he thinks that, but it is interesting to hear other's takes.

Personally, I'd rather Ellerbe over Kruger because I think we could get away with Upshaw, Suggs, McClellan, Hamilton, and (hopefully) a draft pick.

I'm not so sure that we have enough solid depth at ILB to really produce a good unit. Though, I guess if our DL is outstanding then we can line almost anyone up at ILB and they'll be ok. The Giants won a SB with Chase Blackburn as their MLB.
    I agree we have a lot more talent ready to step up at OLB than we do ILB. Hamilton and McAdoo are both guys that are familiar with our system, have huge potential and most importantly, dont cost much. I think the team is high on both, so i cant see neither working out at all. thats also just the depth guys as Suggs, Upshaw and mccellan could easily be the main rotation without ever really using those other two and i doubt we go a whole draft and 11 picks without adding atleast one if not two pass rushing prospects.

also as far as WR in the first, i just dont see the premier talent at that position in this draft to warrant 1st round, but do agree there will be some fringe guys. using a 1st on a guy like Hopkins doesnt seem like a bad choice, hes clearly talented, but if we can pick up a Justin Hunter in the 2nd or even 3rd im not sure the difference between the two is great enough to warrant the selection. I trust Ozzie and his board but id assume theres other prospects that will be graded and valued higher than almost all of these WRs when we draft at 32.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 02-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If Kruger re-signs, that just tells you everything you need to know about how much in demand pass rushers are in todays league. The FO are willing to pay a pass rusher who shares 50 % of his snaps with Upshaw a significant amount of cash.
    Kruger is an integral part of this defense. Even though he split snaps with Upshaw, he made the most of his snaps and that is something that can't be brushed off (not saying you are).

Pass rushers are always going to be a premium. Look at Osi up in NY. He's kind of a jerk with his contract, has publicly gone after the front office and coaching staff, and doesn't bring much as a run stopper. Yet, because he was such a dynamic pass rusher they were more than happy to pay him and keep him.

You could certainly argue that a pass rusher is more important than an inside linebacker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He had more snaps the megatron or Stafford, I highly doubt he was benched.
    For some reason, I remember watching a game where Reiff was in at RT. Maybe Cherilus was hurt?

Either way...he has never been very good. I'd rather keep Oher at RT. I would argue that Oher is just as good and likely better at RT.

Blog Entries

Pretty interesting. I wouldn't be upset if we signed Kruger and let Ellerbe walk.

Blog Entries

Idk guys, I think I'd rather have Kruger than Ellerbe if it comes to it.

We are maybe more stacked at OLB than ILB, but the FO has a knack for finding good ILBs. Also don't forget about Albert McClellan who has played well there before.

Blog Entries

I would be over the moon if we ever get to see Joe and Paul Kruger playing together in Baltimore. I kind of wanted Chandler Jones last year, not just because he's a great prospect, but also because I wanted to see him playing with Art Jones.

Blog Entries

Idk guys, I think I'd rather have Kruger than Ellerbe if it comes to it.

We are maybe more stacked at OLB than ILB, but the FO has a knack for finding good ILBs. Also don't forget about Albert McClellan who has played well there before.
    its a tough call, because you certainly can find ILBs more easily than pass rushers... it just seems to be more important stop gap to short term success, imo. I mean besides Bynes its possibly not one other ILB is on the team next year. Ayanbadejo (older, doesnt contribute to defense), McClain (injured, wasnt effective when healthy), and Lewis (retired). Thats a lot of upheaval from a pivotal position that needs to understand the defense. With Kruger, theres a lot less change by just losing him. perfect world we keep both, but personally id rather keep ellerbe at the moment and hope Suggs health, Upshaws progression, and some youth stepping up can help replace Kruger. theres a scenario i dont like to think about, where we lose both. I really hope that doesnt happen more than anything.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

You also have to factor in Ellerbe's health. He missed a lot of games in the season, and missed half of the previous season. Kruger has pretty much been healthy since we drafted him.