Page 222 of 333 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,653 to 2,664 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Wow...some Nick Kasa tape ftlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9RdSSWC-SQ

He's a defensive convert like Dickson, so that scares the hell out of me, but he's definitely a 6-7th rounder if not UDFA.
    He's got a couple of touchdowns in here, but he's quite the project.
    At 260+ he should be a much better blocker. Needs technique coaching for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Montgomery should be a 3-4 DE. He's never been a big time pass rusher. He doesn't have an explosive first step. What he does have though is good closing speed, long arms and great instincts. He also has room to put on weight. I see him as a very good 3-4 run stuffing DE prospect or 4-3 run and hit OLB who plays on 1 & 2nd downs. Mingo is the explosive pass rusher of the 2.

I see Montgomery being a very good pick for a team like the Patriots or the Packers. He's very solid and there isn't a lot of mystery to his game. I read the lazy comments on Walter Football but that's the first time I ever heard that. I'd love to know where it came from.
    There are a few on NFL.com who have us picking Montgomery in the first round. Could be due to Cody's poor play, and the thought we might run some 4-3. And one person said it would give us a pass rush trio with Suggs and Upshaw, who some people are thinking is going to start coming into his own as a pass rusher if Kruger leaves.

Most everyone has Mingo gone before our pick, so we'd have to go up to get him. And if folks like Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis are right, he's going in the top 10. I don't know where Kiper has him but I'm not paying ESPN to join Insider to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Most everyone has Mingo gone before our pick, so we'd have to go up to get him. And if folks like Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis are right, he's going in the top 10. I don't know where Kiper has him but I'm not paying ESPN to join Insider to tell me.
    Kiper's a moron and asshole anyways.

Blog Entries

I don't see us going to a 4-3 tbh, I think it would be a bad move. Sure, it would like nice on paper, but you have so much more flexability with a 3-4 scheme. Against NE for example, we barely ever line up in a true 3-4, we stick two DTs (Ngata, and Arthur Jones) in the middle, and play Suggs and Kruger (now Upshaw) on the edges either standing up or putting their hands in the dirt, then we just use two LBs and a nickel back. That is pretty much a 4-3, so its not like we are strictly a base 3-4 defense like the Steelers or the Texans.

A few teams are also moving to a 3-4 now all of a sudden. I just think when you look at most of the top defenses over the last 10 years, a significant amount of them have been 3-4 based teams. We should stick to it and just replenish the front 7 with more youth thats all.

We've been running the same defensive scheme for a decade now, I don't expect us to change it, and I especially don't expect Dean Pees (who has pretty much coached 3-4 defenses all his life) to change it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Alright, so it seems to be clear that Kevin Minter seems to fit the profile of the ILB they want in Ray's old spot. Explosive, reliable tackler with instincts, with the athleticism to be an upgrade in coverage.
    Pretty much, I'm not entirely sure where teams value him right now though. I can see him falling to us, and maybe into the second round (if we choose to trade back) because of the devaluation of the position.

I could see them focusing on strength at the CB position, because that is where their best talent now is, asking the person in Reed's spot to only play the FS spot the way it was meant to be played.
    You pretty much described David Amerson out of NC State. Look him up, he's a 6'3 corner, who is projected as a cover 1 FS at the next level. He has some good ball skills too.

It seems like they don't want to put Ngata at NT, but keep him at NG to take advantage of his all around game. They might be looking for someone at NT to simply command the double team. Of course, if a three down player makes his way to them, I wouldn't think they'd pass him up.
    They will almost certainly bring in a legit NT to compete with Cody next year, whether that be through FA or in the draft. If we miss out on a Terrence Knighton in FA, I would really like Brandon Williams in the 3rd round from Southern Missouri (DII school), he would be a typical Ravens pick, and he's explosive as hell.

The questions marks are more on the offensive side of the ball, because the offense's identity is newer to us.
    I disagree man. I think we have some legit questions in our front 7, and thats our biggest needs, name anything on the front 7, we need it pretty much, we need to add speed and youth. The secondary is mostly in a good place depending on Reed.

The offense is in a good place, we just need to re-sign McKinnie for a year or two (looks like he wants to come back and play with KO who is a good friend of his), and could do with a TE to compete or push Dickson out to work with Pitta. We are pretty much set on offense, however, I'd like another young wide out taken at some point in the draft, and maybe a developmental OT.

"They will almost certainly bring in a legit NT to compete with Cody next year, whether that be through FA or in the draft. If we miss out on a Terrence Knighton in FA, I would really like Brandon Williams in the 3rd round from Southern Missouri (DII school), he would be a typical Ravens pick, and he's explosive as hell."

Here's a great two-minute youtube video on B. Williams. He seems like an upstanding, hard-working man. Would be a great pick from what I can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSMeSZXQdM

How do you guys feel about some of the free safeties who might last until the end of the second round like Swearinger, Rambo, and Cyprien? Which of the guys who have a good chance of being there would you want?

Blog Entries

Williams is an absolute beast of a man!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Williams is an absolute beast of a man!
    And he did his entire interview without a, "you know".
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

How about a scenario like:

1st Minter/Brown/Greene
    2nd Cyprien/Rambo
    3rd B. Williams
    4th Menelik Watson

? I'm not sure of the values of those players, I know Cyprien is on the rise and in some place is looked at as a potential fast riser.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't see us going to a 4-3 tbh, I think it would be a bad move. Sure, it would like nice on paper, but you have so much more flexability with a 3-4 scheme. Against NE for example, we barely ever line up in a true 3-4, we stick two DTs (Ngata, and Arthur Jones) in the middle, and play Suggs and Kruger (now Upshaw) on the edges either standing up or putting their hands in the dirt, then we just use two LBs and a nickel back. That is pretty much a 4-3, so its not like we are strictly a base 3-4 defense like the Steelers or the Texans.

A few teams are also moving to a 3-4 now all of a sudden. I just think when you look at most of the top defenses over the last 10 years, a significant amount of them have been 3-4 based teams. We should stick to it and just replenish the front 7 with more youth thats all.

We've been running the same defensive scheme for a decade now, I don't expect us to change it, and I especially don't expect Dean Pees (who has pretty much coached 3-4 defenses all his life) to change it.
    I completely disagree.

The only real aspect we're missing to run a 4-3 base D (assuming Ellerbe is retained) is a weak side LB. However, this draft is chock full of solid weak side prospects.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    How do you guys feel about some of the free safeties who might last until the end of the second round like Swearinger, Rambo, and Cyprien? Which of the guys who have a good chance of being there would you want?
    Big fan of Swearinger.

Cyprien is interesting.

Not really feeling Rambo. Love the movie. Not in love with the Georgia Bulldog. He's slow. I don't think he is a free safety.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.