Page 221 of 333 FirstFirst ... 219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,652 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    precisely my point.... once that salary isn't possible, the risk/reward isn't there for him to continue playing, IMO.
    The past 2-3 years Reed threatened retirement...then came back.

This year he says he wants to continue...which by previous Reed logic means he will probably retire (say one thing do another).

Reed says crazy stuff in the offseason. He has no representation. I really hope he just retires. He will always be a Raven...but I'd like to see him stay one forever...but I can understand if he takes a final payout from some other team.

Just watched UConn TE Ryan Griffin a bit.
    Soooo much value in this TE class.
    Above average blocker at 6'6 with 9 7/8 mits. Can't tell his straight line speed, but I did see him burn Cincinnati for a 74 yarder (50+ yards YAC, IIRC) and not a single DB was really closing on him during his gallop.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-13-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Unless we plan on trading the farm to move up for Fisher ('course we aint doing that), I think we need to make BM's deal our 2nd priority.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Unless we plan on trading the farm to move up for Fisher ('course we aint doing that), I think we need to make BM's deal our 2nd priority.
    We need a LT. We will have to see if McKinnie is the BPA. IMO the OL issues were not so much solved because we got a healthy and motivated McKinnie back in there. To me the single biggest positional upgrade was at LG where we went from turnstyle to roadgrader. I can not even imagine Benn Grubbs doing as well vs Wilfork and Justin Smith in those last 2 games. While McKinnie is clearly better at LT than Oher is, to me the difference overall if you include all the regular season games is minimal. Losing a very solid guy at LG and moving 3 players around took the OL down to an average or below level.

As long as we can find a decent LT and keep the rest of the OL intact I doubt there will be much drop off. Also I have a feeling that may have been a one time thing with Big Mac. I am all for keeping him around, but not at much money.
    Last edited by Jeremiah W; 02-13-2013 at 06:52 PM.

:T2:

Blog Entries

If the FO really values Lane Johnson, and he's there past 20, I can see them trading up ala Michael Oher, but no chance do they trade up 15 spots or more to get him like others have suggested.

Blog Entries

Alright, so it seems to be clear that Kevin Minter seems to fit the profile of the ILB they want in Ray's old spot. Explosive, reliable tackler with instincts, with the athleticism to be an upgrade in coverage.

Really, all you have to do is look at what type of player the team would want at which spot.

For example, Ed Reed was rare in that he really didn't play either safety position (Strong safety before moving to free safety) like a Safety is traditionally meant to play. However, now that he is gone (potentially), I could see them focusing on strength at the CB position, because that is where their best talent now is, asking the person in Reed's spot to only play the FS spot the way it was meant to be played.

Speed, Discipline, Reliability, etc.

Who would that most likely be in this draft.

That's the approach we should probably take in thinking about who the Ravens would take.

It seems like they don't want to put Ngata at NT, but keep him at NG to take advantage of his all around game. They might be looking for someone at NT to simply command the double team. Of course, if a three down player makes his way to them, I wouldn't think they'd pass him up.

The questions marks are more on the offensive side of the ball, because the offense's identity is newer to us.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If we draft Jesse Williams - Aussie Raven is going to bust a nut! :p
    Dont get me started....;)

Im really happy for him because:
    1. He is the first Aussie to play in the NFL in a PROPER position
    2. Hes talented
    3. Relentless style of play suitable for Ravens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    Dont get me started....;)

Im really happy for him because:
    1. He is the first Aussie to play in the NFL in a PROPER position
    2. Hes talented
    3. Relentless style of play suitable for Ravens
    Maybe we can double up and get Brad Wing while we're at it! If Koch's late season troubles (and cap number) have his job in jeopardy, I'd be all for seeing us grab Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Ravens are going to do what they always do in the draft. They're going to be smart and balanced, they're going to take talented guys that represent a good value, and they're going to hope that they work out.
    I can see a scenario where Arizona goes after a DL or OL with the 7th pick, and then wants to trade back into the end of the round to grab a QB. Trading the 32nd pick would move the Ravens back to the 38th overall and could net the Cardinals' 4th rounder (about the 100th pick, depending on how many 3rd round compensatory picks there are to push back the fourth round picks).

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can see a scenario where Arizona goes after a DL or OL with the 7th pick, and then wants to trade back into the end of the round to grab a QB. Trading the 32nd pick would move the Ravens back to the 38th overall and could net the Cardinals' 4th rounder (about the 100th pick, depending on how many 3rd round compensatory picks there are to push back the fourth round picks).
    I think the big QB name that teams will be eyeing at the end of the first will be Mike Glennon...many people have said that his body type and arm strength remind them of Flacco...and what Flacco just did this postseason raised Glennon's stock a ton IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I think the big QB name that teams will be eyeing at the end of the first will be Mike Glennon...many people have said that his body type and arm strength remind them of Flacco...and what Flacco just did this postseason raised Glennon's stock a ton IMHO.
    I think Ryan Nassib is going to go pretty high too.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.