Page 22 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Let's draft a hell of an O-Line and Defense over the next 2 years. Then draft Johnny Football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    We could let Flacco walk and get McCarron from Alabama, spend the money on, Reed, OT and WR...and load up on OLine (guard, center) and LBs.
    McCarron is going back.

And, no.

This is not a statement on Flacco...yet, but I certainly think we need a back-up QB. There are some mid-rounders out there. Several non-BCSers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Here's to hoping one of those compensatory picks is a 3rd...We need a NT, ILB, LT, FS...and all fairly early
    Need help just about everyfrikkinwhere.
    We have 11 draft picks though. Twelve if we trade Ed Dickson (I'm not getting off of that bandwagon, sorry).
    We can make a really nice stride this OS, if we draft well and dump our old mens' salaries for a few solid FA signings.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries

What about getting Chip Kelly as the new HC and install the spread offense, and draft taj boyd to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Need help just about everyfrikkinwhere.
    We have 11 draft picks though. Twelve if we trade Ed Dickson (I'm not getting off of that bandwagon, sorry).
    We can make a really nice stride this OS, if we draft well and dump our old mens' salaries for a few solid FA signings.
    At this point i think Dickson has more value to us as the #2 TE then for a 6th or 7th round pick. We couldnt possibly expect more then that for him at this point. To his defense he has got better as a run blocker and its not lik e he got a ton of opportunities this year then get's hurt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No he isn't. He is around 300 lbs...which is right where Gradkowski is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I am aware of that, but he has a bigger frame and looks more athletic, looks to be in great shape, similar player to Chris Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What about getting Chip Kelly as the new HC and install the spread offense, and draft taj boyd to run it?
    I haven't crossed the "Harbs must go" bridge yet, but if I had, I'd support any young, innovative, cerebral, successful coach out there...college or pro.
    Kelly is on my list, but Jaws makes some good points here on why the spread might not work
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...ze-nfl-offense

So maybe Kelly running the hurry-up or some spread hybrid would work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    We could let Flacco walk and get McCarron from Alabama, spend the money on, Reed, OT and WR...and load up on OLine (guard, center) and LBs.
    He is a junior and returning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    At this point i think Dickson has more value to us as the #2 TE then for a 6th or 7th round pick. We couldnt possibly expect more then that for him at this point. To his defense he has got better as a run blocker and its not lik e he got a ton of opportunities this year then get's hurt.
    With a low tender on Dickson, anyone signing him would give us a 3rd rounder (since that is the 2010 round in which Ed was drafted).
    The Rams could use a TE and with 2 1st rounders, the impact of trading away a 3rd is lessened.
    Of course, they could just go ahead a draft Eifert or Fauria in the 2nd.

KC could also use a better target for Geno Smith...especially with their crappy #2 WR production, #1 TE's injury history, and the prospect of not re-signing Bowe. Their 2nd round pick could go to Woods, Hunter, Patterson, whomever. A better move than taking Eifert or Fauria IMO

Blog Entries

Joeckel - KO - ??? - Yanda - Oher

Looks pretty nice. Unlikely though.

Ozzie has a HUGE offseason to deal with when this season over.

Depth is a huge...HUGE problem.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.