Page 219 of 333 FirstFirst ... 217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,617 to 2,628 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Draft Rumblings from National Football Post

Not entirely sure how accurate it its, but I can't see the FO gambling on a guy with questionable hands and injury concerns in the 1st (if they even stay there).

"perhaps Baltimore..."

Simple minded article. Not even the same scenario or situation.

Dear God...if I read another article stating how Keenan Allen is an excellent route runner, I'm gonna go all Cary Williams on somebody

Soooooo much mindless, group think this time of year...

3. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

http://youtu.be/gqPenV-tKrI RAVENS FAN CHECK THIS OUTTT

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    The only two guys that are really exciting me for 1st round picks (obviously depending on who drops) are Jesse Williams and Kevin Minter. Other than that I'm not overly crazy about anyone
    I'd actually be pretty pissed if we took Williams in round 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Man Bmore, you're always so negative about Suggs and Ngata lol
    LOL, it's not just them, I'm just of the opinion overall that defensive linemen over 30 are liable to drop off at any time, especially if they've played a ton of snaps like Suggs or been injury prone for multiple years in a row like Ngata. I believe that you should constantly be refreshing your DL with fresh young faces through the draft. It's more true for that position than ANY other spot except RB IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Dear God...if I read another article stating how Keenan Allen is an excellent route runner, I'm gonna go all Cary Williams on somebody

Soooooo much mindless, group think this time of year...
    Yeah, I don't get that at all. Keenan Allen is a miserable route runner. How do so many scouts have him rated as a top 10 prospect on their big board? He is slow, doesn't catch the ball well, isn't particularly athletic, and doesn't run good routes. The ONLY thing he has going for him is size, but he doesn't even play big for his size anyway.

Seriously guys, go check out NFP's top 200. SO ridiculous. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-50.html

Damontre Moore a late 2nd rounder... Corey Lemonier a 1st rounder... Jessie Williams above Jonathan Hankins and John Jenkins... Jarvis Jones a 3rd rounder... and worst of all, Ryan Nassib the draft's #1 overall player. Geno Smith is the 5th best QB and a 2nd rounder. Who paid these guys off?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    LOL, it's not just them, I'm just of the opinion overall that defensive linemen over 30 are liable to drop off at any time, especially if they've played a ton of snaps like Suggs or been injury prone for multiple years in a row like Ngata. I believe that you should constantly be refreshing your DL with fresh young faces through the draft. It's more true for that position than ANY other spot except RB IMO.
    I completely agree with that, but I think Suggs and Nagta have a lot of dominant football left in them, especcially if we are able to add to the depth and cut into thier snaps.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    The only two guys that are really exciting me for 1st round picks (obviously depending on who drops) are Jesse Williams and Kevin Minter. Other than that I'm not overly crazy about anyone
    It's way too early to know.

Blog Entries

I think its funny that people are always going on about not surrounding Flacco with talent, but the way I see it, we're not surrounding Ngata or Suggs with anything other than undrafted LBs and Defensive linemen either. If we had a Vince Wilfolk type player at NT, I'm pretty sure Ngata would benefit a lot more from that.

I think its funny that people are always going on about not surrounding Flacco with talent, but the way I see it, we're not surrounding Ngata or Suggs with anything other than undrafted LBs and Defensive linemen either. If we had a Vince Wilfolk type player at NT, I'm pretty sure Ngata would benefit a lot more from that.
    I agree we need a big nose to help in the run game, but I think the emergence of Jones and McPhee as interior rush threats has and will continue to help Nagta signle up on pass downs. For as bad as he looked at times, he still got to the QB a good amount for a DT, and I felt our interior rush was very effective most of the playoffs.

:T2:

Yeah, I don't get that at all. Keenan Allen is a miserable route runner. How do so many scouts have him rated as a top 10 prospect on their big board? He is slow, doesn't catch the ball well, isn't particularly athletic, and doesn't run good routes. The ONLY thing he has going for him is size, but he doesn't even play big for his size anyway.

Seriously guys, go check out NFP's top 200. SO ridiculous. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-50.html

Damontre Moore a late 2nd rounder... Corey Lemonier a 1st rounder... Jessie Williams above Jonathan Hankins and John Jenkins... Jarvis Jones a 3rd rounder... and worst of all, Ryan Nassib the draft's #1 overall player. Geno Smith is the 5th best QB and a 2nd rounder. Who paid these guys off?
    I agree about the linemen...I said this before the season, it would be foolish IMHO to assume that we will ever get the Suggs near DPOY level again after his injury and Ngata's problems with frequent injuries is starting to become a red flag.

Regarding that top 200 link...Nassib the top prospect overall? Wow...don't know what else to say there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Let 'em overrate. And let a few more stiffs run great 40's at the Combine and move up somebody else's board. Every one of those guys moving up in the draft is like moving the Ravens up in the draft. Every year we pick late in the first round, but get guys who should have gone 10 picks earlier.

On a side note, it's interesting how swayed GM's are by 40 times, given how easy it is for guys to specialty-train for that event. If anyone has read 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss (and surely plenty of other publications) it's amazing how a little technique, a few specific training maneuvers, and some coaching can shave tenths off just about anyone's 40 time. Surely by now NFL teams are factoring this in to their assessments and realizing these Combine 40's are misleading, since players can't maintain that dedication to the 40 yard dash while also actually being NFL players.

I'm all for adding a good DT, but I'm not all for a guy who can only stop the run and not contribute anywhere else. This isn't 1990...3 yards in a cloud of dust.

And Wilfork is an elite talent...he doesn't have anybody his DL...he is surrounded by no names as well and he still is a monster.