Page 213 of 333 FirstFirst ... 211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,545 to 2,556 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    BPA is EASILY the most commonly misunderstood saying used constantly on this board.

BPA is best player on the RAVENS BOARD. The Ravens board HEAVILY factors positional value and need into it already. Need is factored in a prjected view, as in taking into consideration needs that might be a year or two away. In that instance, WR could absolutely be considered a need with Jacoby and Anquan BOTh bing a bit long in the tooth and a bit short here as far as their projected stay on our roster.
    Yes I agree. It just depends on how Ozzie has his board setup. Obviously they aren't going to take a QB in the first round even if he's BPA. I understand that concept.

Blog Entries

:word on all three posts above me.

So what do we argue about now?

How about some of the cut vets out there? I think Canty could help us.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post

I don't think he's an upgrade over Jones who played really well in the post season and we have McPhee for passing downs (not saying much as he had a sophomore slump)

Only FA's I'd like to see would be a pass rushing OLB for Kruger, a S for Reed or an ILB for Ray

I am extremely high on Barnett, he's 31, but has played all 16 games the past 2 seasons which is good for a vet with no injury concerns

At the risk of being a broken record, besides minorbit players, the only FA I'm interested in is Terrence Knighton. Beast of a NT that had a down year in his walk year in JAX. Could be a relative bargain, for someone whom the year before last might have been the best NT in football.

Blog Entries

A bunch of teams are already bringing Canty in. He's going to be expensive,

Blog Entries

At the risk of being a broken record, besides minorbit players, the only FA I'm interested in is Terrence Knighton. Beast of a NT that had a down year in his walk year in JAX. Could be a relative bargain, for someone whom the year before last might have been the best NT in football.
    Love Knighton. That would be a great move. Big upgrade over Cody and Kemo

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I don't think he's an upgrade over Jones who played really well in the post season and we have McPhee for passing downs (not saying much as he had a sophomore slump)

Only FA's I'd like to see would be a pass rushing OLB for Kruger, a S for Reed or an ILB for Ray

I am extremely high on Barnett, he's 31, but has played all 16 games the past 2 seasons which is good for a vet with no injury concerns
    I do not see Canty as un upgrade to an individual per se, but to the rotation. He looked like he had some fight in him, maybe the only one that game this year.

Barnett may be a great fall back option if Ellerbe is too expensive or McClain is not back. Another guy I look at as a potentially very good coverage WLB is Laron Landry.

I do recall having some serious trouble trying to run on those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Love Knighton. That would be a great move. Big upgrade over Cody and Kemo
    yupp, Cody as his backup might nto be so bad...

Basically, this is me showing more confidence in Art Jones AND Pernell McPhee then I have in Cody...

Plus, I could also see Knighton being a btter bargain then Canty, so it's a WIN/WIN.

Blog Entries

:word

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jesse Williams was far more productive playing in the toughest conference in college football than Poe was playing against bad teams at Memphis. Poe has to be one of the biggest reaches in recent history.
    Which even further proves my point. The combine has silly effects on players stocks. A guy I went to highschool with got a D1 scholarship to Virginia (I'm Canadian so this is rare) mainly due to his ridiculous numbers (OLB runs a 4.5 and BP reps are 25), but in a Canadian HS he still wasn't that dominate. Track stars and football stars are two different things