Page 212 of 333 FirstFirst ... 210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,533 to 2,544 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

In any other year I'd say yes to Tavon, but we simply have to get faster on defense, and we could do with a franchise LT.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    In any other year I'd say yes to Tavon, but we simply have to get faster on defense, and we could do with a franchise LT.
    I am not saying he is BPA, but that has to be the approach no matter what with the early picks. You have to fill needs in free agency and just draft the best talent you can, almost ignoring the position they play and what your roster looks like right now.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I am not saying he is BPA, but that has to be the approach no matter what with the early picks. You have to fill needs in free agency and just draft the best talent you can, almost ignoring the position they play and what your roster looks like right now.
    Ozzie will take the BPA approach as he always does. He stays true to his board.

Blog Entries

I think this draft is predominately going to be defense.

Lots of really solid value on the defensive side of the ball and the Ravens need it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ozzie will take the BPA approach as he always does. He stays true to his board.
    I know he will. We should be looking at the draft the same way. Who do you love? Forget where they fit. Who will be an all pro one day?

I like Jessie Williams from Bama at 32, but do not study the draft picks that close until they get drafted.

One super sleeper prospect I know personally is Jeremy Jester from Central Arkansas. He will put up some very impressive workout numbers soon. He started at TN as a TE but transfered twice and eventually got moved to DE/OLB. Now I have never actually seen him play, but we worked together for a while and he has the dedication and size/ speed ratio. He looks a lot like Paul Kruger.

Blog Entries

And how do you propose we fill those needs in FA with our lack of cap space? Unless we get Flacco signed, we wont be filling any holes in free agency. People think Ozzie just takes the BPA straight from his board, its not like that, needs are taken into account, otherwise we would have drafted Harrison Smith or Cordy Glenn at 29 last year, we traded back to take Upshaw to replace Jarrett Johnson. If Ozzie really picked players straight off his board, we would have had 4 QBs and 5 RBs on the roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I like Jessie Williams from Bama at 32, but do not study the draft picks that close until they get drafted.
    I know this sounds ridiculous, but I can see Williams stock going up due to the combine significantly because his bench press is impressive. That's the combine effect. Something like BP reps can make someones stock sky rocket if they have a decent 40 time (I.e: Dontari Poe)

Although there are a few guys I like better, the best pick at #32 for the Ravens just might be John Jenkins (DT, Georgia). The dude is a load, and might still be on the board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I know this sounds ridiculous, but I can see Williams stock going up due to the combine significantly because his bench press is impressive. That's the combine effect. Something like BP reps can make someones stock sky rocket if they have a decent 40 time (I.e: Dontari Poe)
    Jesse Williams was far more productive playing in the toughest conference in college football than Poe was playing against bad teams at Memphis. Poe has to be one of the biggest reaches in recent history.

And how do you propose we fill those needs in FA with our lack of cap space? Unless we get Flacco signed, we wont be filling any holes in free agency. People think Ozzie just takes the BPA straight from his board, its not like that, needs are taken into account, otherwise we would have drafted Harrison Smith or Cordy Glenn at 29 last year, we traded back to take Upshaw to replace Jarrett Johnson. If Ozzie really picked players straight off his board, we would have had 4 QBs and 5 RBs on the roster right now.
    You fill the holes the best you can, but most of the time you go into the season with some and hope for the best.

Obviously BPA approach to drafting is not black and white and it does not ignore positional need and value.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    As Ozzie says bpa
    BPA is EASILY the most commonly misunderstood saying used constantly on this board.

BPA is best player on the RAVENS BOARD. The Ravens board HEAVILY factors positional value and need into it already. Need is factored in a prjected view, as in taking into consideration needs that might be a year or two away. In that instance, WR could absolutely be considered a need with Jacoby and Anquan BOTh bing a bit long in the tooth and a bit short here as far as their projected stay on our roster.

Blog Entries

Nail meet head...well said leach. Ozzie picks the BPA if (a) it meets a Ravens need, or (b) he's forced to do so because he can't trade the pick... Bc