Page 211 of 333 FirstFirst ... 209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,532 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So I went and checked him out again after reading a tweet by McShay saying he may be the quickest player he's ever seen...OMG.

In addition to the guy being an incredibly dangerous slot guy, he had a freaking game against Oklahoma where he RAN for 344+ yards in addtion to 82 receiving yards and 142 return yards. I mean I see where McShay and Jeremiah were coming from...he may be the quickest open field runner coming out of college I've ever seen...he was making Oklahoma (among basically every other defense they faced last year) absolutely silly.

Too bad we likely won't have a spot or big need for him, but man, he has Patriot written all over him as Welkers replacement. He is going to be an incredible weapon IMHO...to bad we won't be able to keep the Baltimore guy home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've fell in love with tavon Austin. I've watched him over the years at wvu. He is has incredible short area quickness and is almost impossible to tackle in space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's a local guy too.

Born in Baltimore and went to Dunbar.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's a local guy too.

Born in Baltimore and went to Dunbar.
    Yep. I don't know that he falls to the Ravens, or even if he's the right choice for the Ravens, but it would be a near-perfect storyline.

Blog Entries

Boldin is 33 years old. Draft him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yep. I don't know that he falls to the Ravens, or even if he's the right choice for the Ravens, but it would be a near-perfect storyline.
    Agreed. I don't see him going to the Ravens, but I would be thrilled if he did. I still have a feeling the first round pick will be either a DE, DT/NT, ILB or Safety.

I could see San Fran grabbing Austin before we do. They need another receiver and he could fit nicely in the pistol, but yeah I don't see him getting past NE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgAoHNx_6VU

Mich State's Dion Sims is a LOAD.
    Adequate blocker, but should be a mauler though at his size.
    I think I read somewhere that his hands are 10 1/8.

Blog Entries

Ozzie will stay true to his board. He pre-factors positional need. We will get a chance to find out how highly Austin is rated in April. Personally, I'd draft him.

For example, if Elam is gone and you think you can get Minter in the second, moving up higher in the second if necessary, take Austin in the first.

If we are not going to take the guy in the first/top of the second, because we don't feel it's a need, by that logic:

The Lions wouldn't have drafted Calvin Johnson
    The Vikings wouldn't have drafted Adrian Peterson
    The Cardinals wouldn't have drafted Larry Fitzgerald
    The Ravens wouldn't have drafted Ray Rice
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I could see San Fran grabbing Austin before we do. They need another receiver and he could fit nicely in the pistol, but yeah I don't see him getting past NE
    That's where I have him going in my pre-combine mock.

I'm going to try and post up 5 rounds in the next few days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgAoHNx_6VU

Mich State's Dion Sims is a LOAD.
    Adequate blocker, but should be a mauler though at his size.
    I think I read somewhere that his hands are 10 1/8.
    I like Sims as a 6th or 7th round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W_beAStxqA

Houston LB Phillip Steward would be a nice low rounder.
    Excellent open field tackler with a lot of thump at 235-240 lbs.
    Very good instincts...just seems like he knows what's going on pre-snap.
    Very undisciplined in this game vs. UCLA however. 3-4 penalties, but he also had a FF and FR (different plays), and almost had two picks.
    Good lateral movement and with some coaching he could be a good cover LB (albeit small at 6'0).

This FO article backs up Steward's smarts and savvy. He led the nation in INTs among LBs as well.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fut...hillip-steward

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    LaMichael James is already filling the Tavon Austin role in their pistol sets and in the return game and they like him a lot. They do need a receiver, but they drafted AJ Jenkins in the first round last year (in the worst reach of the draft IMO.) I personally think Jenkins is a horrible player who has no future in the NFL, but they'll probably give him another year or two and he fits best in the slot.

I could see the 49ers upgrading at WR but they probably want another big, fast guy like Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, etc. which would be a better fit for their offense. I don't see them pursuing Austin at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    LaMichael James is already filling the Tavon Austin role in their pistol sets and in the return game and they like him a lot. They do need a receiver, but they drafted AJ Jenkins in the first round last year (in the worst reach of the draft IMO.) I personally think Jenkins is a horrible player who has no future in the NFL, but they'll probably give him another year or two and he fits best in the slot.

I could see the 49ers upgrading at WR but they probably want another big, fast guy like Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, etc. which would be a better fit for their offense. I don't see them pursuing Austin at all.
    The Niners also have Mario Manningham under contract as well as Kyle Williams.

I totally could see them looking at Tavon Austin. Sure, LaMichael James is fulfilling a similar role as a RB, but Austin in the slot in pistol formations is something that would add an entirely new wrinkle to their offense.

Agree with you about AJ Jenkins though. I figured he would be a 4th or 5th rounder last year. I'm still kind of shocked that they used a 1st on him. He could turn out to be pretty solid, but I really REALLY doubt it.