Page 209 of 333 FirstFirst ... 207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 2,497 to 2,508 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

No thanks, we need to continue this youth movement on D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    +1 See what Omar Brown or Christian Thompson can do. Or if we draft a safety like Elam or Rambo.

Blog Entries

Kevin Reddick is going to be drafted way before the 4th round, I wouldn't mind him as a 2nd round pick for us. Aboushi should move inside, he is going to get killed at OT in the NFL. I really like Brandon Williams, I really don't know about Eric Reid, IDK what to make of him.

Travis Kelce is officially my favorite TE of this class!

Does he block like Heap or Dickson/Pitta?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Does he block like Heap or Dickson/Pitta?
    He can block better than Pitta and Dickson putt together with one arm. Well probably not that far, but we need a TE who can block and receive, Kelce fits that bill, he actually kind of reminds me of Heap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    +1 See what Omar Brown or Christian Thompson can do. Or if we draft a safety like Elam or Rambo.
    I don't disagree.

However, Ozzie is notorious for having contingency plans.

Yes, George Wilson is older, but he is not going to command much money at all. Secondly, what if the Ravens don't have a crack at Matt Elam?

Pretty much every other safety outside of Vaccaro and Elam are likely too raw to really start. Just something to think about.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He can block better than Pitta and Dickson putt together with one arm. Well probably not that far, but we need a TE who can block and receive, Kelce fits that bill, he actually kind of reminds me of Heap.
    If we got Kelce, I'd show Dickson the door.

Good read on Kelce
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...t-For-TE-Kelce

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No offense man...but I would not be pleased with this draft at all.

Eric Reid is really overrated. Brandon Williams is good. Not sure if I'd use a second on him though. Possibly. Aboushi isn't very impressive (I'd rather keep Jah and Harewood), and Nico Johnson is a 2-down LB at best. The only pick you made that I really like is Kevin Reddick in round 4.
    The thing I like about Eric Reid is that he is more of a centre field man. I think he's a top 3 zone coverage safety in the draft so that was my justification.

As for Aboushi, I watch a lot of UVA games and I think he's raw as well, but he has a lot of upside in terms of athleticism that can't be taught. Strength and technique can be and I could see him being a 2nd year starter type players (this was under the assumption we keep McKinnie)

For a fourth rounder I like Johnson

Next time I'll give justification haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't disagree.

However, Ozzie is notorious for having contingency plans.

Yes, George Wilson is older, but he is not going to command much money at all. Secondly, what if the Ravens don't have a crack at Matt Elam?

Pretty much every other safety outside of Vaccaro and Elam are likely too raw to really start. Just something to think about.
    I was kind of aiming it towards Burnett more than Wilson. But you bring up a good point. I'd rather sign a younger safety if possible, like Kenny Philips, if that's the route we go.

Blog Entries

I like Kelce a lot.

Nice size. Decent athleticism. Good receiver. Good blocker. His stock is on the rise too.

Blog Entries

I was kind of aiming it towards Burnett more than Wilson. But you bring up a good point. I'd rather sign a younger safety if possible, like Kenny Philips, if that's the route we go.
    I like Phillips a lot too. He'd be a good target. His injury history scares the crap out of me though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    The thing I like about Eric Reid is that he is more of a centre field man. I think he's a top 3 zone coverage safety in the draft so that was my justification.

As for Aboushi, I watch a lot of UVA games and I think he's raw as well, but he has a lot of upside in terms of athleticism that can't be taught. Strength and technique can be and I could see him being a 2nd year starter type players (this was under the assumption we keep McKinnie)

For a fourth rounder I like Johnson

Next time I'll give justification haha
    I get whay you're saying about Reid, he's probably the best PURE center fielder in the draft, which is what we'd need if we don't re-sign Reed. We have Pollard who does all that dirty work, moving up into the box and literally killing folk, but I have some major concerns about Reid's lack of ability to make tackles, and get physical in the box, which at the end of the day, every safety has to do that, even cover 1 safeties. Too many times did I see Eric Reid get blasted off the ball by a big Bama lineman, or see Eddie Lacy run over his ass (then again, he did that against Rambo too).