Page 203 of 333 FirstFirst ... 201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,425 to 2,436 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The comp picks are already out and that didn't happen. We got a 4th for Grubbs. I can't find the list though and will update the link when I find it again.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...k-projections/

There's a guy that does pretty accurate projections, it seems; but I thought the official NFL list comes out in late March.

I find it hard to believe we'd get a 5th for JJ but not Redding.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The comp picks are already out and that didn't happen. We got a 4th for Grubbs. I can't find the list though and will update the link when I find it again.
    The list doesn't come out until April.

That list is NOT official.

He may be right...there was another guy who was famous for doing his list and being pretty good...I think he was something like 80-90% right...but they are not official and you can't rely 100% on those fan lists.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

4. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Still, even if we have 4,5,6,7 comp picks ,thats pretty decent. Makes trading our regular picks not so bad, we're basically picking in the same spot being 32

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The list doesn't come out until April.

That list is NOT official.

He may be right...there was another guy who was famous for doing his list and being pretty good...I think he was something like 80-90% right...but they are not official and you can't rely 100% on those fan lists.
    That's good to know. Maybe that's why I couldn't find it again.

Blog Entries

The official list for comp picks always comes out in late March. The last two lists have came out march 25th and 26th.

Blog Entries

We would be very lucky to get a 3rd for Grubbs. Had we had KO at LG all season, we would have had a very small drop off, if any at all, and in some cases, even an upgrade from aspects of Grubbs game which was not great for short yardage situations.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We would be very lucky to get a 3rd for Grubbs. Had we had KO at LG all season, we would have had a very small drop off, if any at all, and in some cases, even an upgrade from aspects of Grubbs game which was not great for short yardage situations.
    from what I have seen, Grubbs was better on the move(pulling) but KO might have been better at everything else. I suppose Grubbs was also a bit better against the "speed rush" but KO absolutely moves more mass in the run game and anchors against the bullrush better.

And I'm holding out hope for 4,4,5+6 in terms of comp picks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.
    Tavon Austin = a less brittle DeSean Jackaon. Incredible speed and quickness. Kid can stop on a dime and accelerate in a different direction. The only problem is he is on the small side. He is not a complete receiver.

However, he is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

and if you honestly believe his side of the story, which IMO, is looking more likely, then he JUST found out his dead girlfriend was a hoax a few days before that game. I start to take that game with a small grain of salt as well, as his head likely was whacked...
    Also quite possible.

Valid point man. Too often we forget that there is a human aspect to all of this. Furthermore, these are kids.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ..... Furthermore, these are kids.
    Wicked...you stole my thought. How easy is it to forget that not so long ago the biggest issue these kids were facing was which tux to rent for the prom.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    from what I have seen, Grubbs was better on the move(pulling) but KO might have been better at everything else. I suppose Grubbs was also a bit better against the "speed rush" but KO absolutely moves more mass in the run game and anchors against the bullrush better.

And I'm holding out hope for 4,4,5+6 in terms of comp picks.
    It would be awesome to have three 4th round picks. It would give us a lot of room to make some moves. I honestly don't think we're going to be drafting 11 players somehow.