Page 202 of 333 FirstFirst ... 200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 2,413 to 2,424 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    That is the big question in my mind, he looks to be even worse than Reed has been in the past few years. He also needs to add muscle. However, he is a ballhawk who I think has the potential to be a big impact player at safety. I also think he will be there in the third round because of a bad 40 time which would make him a great value pick
    Agreed. His tackeling is really poor if you are switching him to FS. With that said, he has undeniable ball skills. His frame is definitely a benefit and will help when trying to fight for those jump balls, but he'll need to add some LB's to play safety for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would you guys be interested in signing Chris Canty? He could play DE, and Ngata could slide over to NT where he could be a force, with less snaps too to keep him fresher.
    We aren't going to have the money for a luxury signing.

Is he really any better than Authur Jones Or McPhee?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Assuming we get a 3rd round comp for Grubbs, is there anyone out there worth offering a 3rd and 4th for...a la Boldin in 2010? We'd still have our comp 3rd and 4th to draft. I haven't researched it myself...
    I'd send a 5th/6th rounder to Philly for Demeco Ryans. Just added depth to the front 7.

Would you guys be interested in signing Chris Canty? He could play DE, and Ngata could slide over to NT where he could be a force, with less snaps too to keep him fresher.
    I'd really rather spend the money on Knighton, with Cody backing him up and rotating Jones/MCPhee/Ngata. Jesse or Brandon Williams at the nose if we can't get Knighton.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I'd send a 5th/6th rounder to Philly for Demeco Ryans. Just added depth to the front 7.
    Is Demeco on the trade block? I'd consider it, he's due 5 mil in 2013 though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We aren't going to have the money for a luxury signing.

Is he really any better than Authur Jones Or McPhee?
    Chris Canty is better than both at this point, and has great size, but he's 32. Arthur Jones, I think has great upside, he showed a lot this year both as a pass rusher and run defender.

Is Demeco on the trade block? I'd consider it, he's due 5 mil in 2013 though.
    They're completely changing schemes and I have heard he more than likely won't be back.

Chris Canty is better than both at this point, and has great size, but he's 32. Arthur Jones, I think has great upside, he showed a lot this year both as a pass rusher and run defender.
    I can't see Ozzie going after a guy like Canty when he continues to stress the ongoing youth movement and I doubt we would have the money to sign him anyways.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    You can make the argument for tackle as well. With our current cap situation, it would be smart to draft a player who can start at multiple positions. With Birk likely gone, wouldn't you want some competition for Gradkowski? Also, we don't know if we'll have the money to lock-up Oher. If that's the case, than I can see Jones playing RT. Heck, he even played LT well. Not sure if he could play LT in the NFL, but I can't see why you wouldn't take him in the Late 1st/Early 2nd.
    He's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. He can definitely play but I'm just not sure how good he will be in the NFL. He could be a David Diehl type but I wouldn't use a 1st round pick for someone like that. He's a player that is going to get a lot of talk at the Combine. I'm curious to see how he comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I can't see Ozzie going after a guy like Canty when he continues to stress the ongoing youth movement and I doubt we would have the money to sign him anyways.
    Agreed. "Youth Movement" doesn't exactly include bringing in older DT's who will likely cost a good penny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Assuming we get a 3rd round comp for Grubbs, is there anyone out there worth offering a 3rd and 4th for...a la Boldin in 2010? We'd still have our comp 3rd and 4th to draft. I haven't researched it myself...
    The comp picks are already out and that didn't happen. We got a 4th for Grubbs. I can't find the list though and will update the link when I find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. He can definitely play but I'm just not sure how good he will be in the NFL. He could be a David Diehl type but I wouldn't use a 1st round pick for someone like that. He's a player that is going to get a lot of talk at the Combine. I'm curious to see how he comes out of it.
    I can see that, but still I would love to have him on our team. He seems like the kind of guy that makes everyone around him better.