Page 201 of 333 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,412 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I just don't see Ozzie taking Teo. Too many red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The hoax? He's gullible, no big deal. I think the guy's a stud. This is what makes the draft fun though. None of us has any idea if the Ravens FO loves this guy or not.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Can you please list these red flags? I can think of two. 1) bad performance in National Championship (justification: give me a break that bama line was relentless and one game doesn't raise a red flat). 2) this stupid hoax (justification: give me a break, if anyone thinks that draws character concerns they are unrealistic. It was an unfortunate situation that got blown up by the media because they always search for a new guy to attack).

Give me a break about red flags. He is a hell of a football player and that's what Ozzie will see

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Can you please list these red flags? I can think of two. 1) bad performance in National Championship (justification: give me a break that bama line was relentless and one game doesn't raise a red flat). 2) this stupid hoax (justification: give me a break, if anyone thinks that draws character concerns they are unrealistic. It was an unfortunate situation that got blown up by the media because they always search for a new guy to attack).

Give me a break about red flags. He is a hell of a football player and that's what Ozzie will see
    He played like absolute garbage in the biggest game of his life. I want players that shine in that moment. Not another Lee Evans or Cundiff.

5. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I've been mulling over a few DT/ILB options.

I love Jesse Williams, he plays with brute strength and stuffs the run well even with double teams formed against him. Not much of a pass rusher, but then again it's very difficult to be at NT.

John Hankins from Ohio State looks more agile to me, and can set up wide as a DE in a 3 man rush and get pressure. He looks more versatile than Williams, but I'm not positive he matches Williams' strength vs the run.

I personally like Minter overall. Tough, hard-nosed, finds the ball well and is a really solid tackler. I haven't seen him miss too many. He looks pretty polished and patient as well vs the run, only over pursuing rarely. However, I feel as though someone like Greene from Rutgers can add similar value at the back end of round 2. I like his stocky build, he's another really solid tackler. My question would be to you all is who is the best cover LB? Is it Minter, or is it Ogletree or someone like Kiko Alonso who displays good athleticism and lateral quickness?

I too, have not given up on Te'o. I'd like to see how the process goes via the combine and interviews. To me, he can provide great leadership and he really did have a tremendous career. From a football standpoint, I really like him, I question his ability vs the pass, but overall, I think he could provide a spark. Just my take.

Are you guys sure about Amerson at FS? I just watched his tape vs. UCONN and Clemson, and wasn't really impressed with his tackeling ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post

I love Jesse Williams, he plays with brute strength and stuffs the run well even with double teams formed against him. Not much of a pass rusher, but then again it's very difficult to be at NT.

John Hankins from Ohio State looks more agile to me, and can set up wide as a DE in a 3 man rush and get pressure. He looks more versatile than Williams, but I'm not positive he matches Williams' strength vs the run.

I personally like Minter overall. Tough, hard-nosed, finds the ball well and is a really solid tackler. I haven't seen him miss too many. He looks pretty polished and patient as well vs the run, only over pursuing rarely. However, I feel as though someone like Greene from Rutgers can add similar value at the back end of round 2. I like his stocky build, he's another really solid tackler. My question would be to you all is who is the best cover LB? Is it Minter, or is it Ogletree or someone like Kiko Alonso who displays good athleticism and lateral quickness?

I too, have not given up on Te'o. I'd like to see how the process goes via the combine and interviews. To me, he can provide great leadership and he really did have a tremendous career. From a football standpoint, I really like him, I question his ability vs the pass, but overall, I think he could provide a spark. Just my take.
    I think Jesse Williams will sneak up into the first round... perhaps at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post

With Ngata and McPhee pushing on his flanks, and a fresh, fast ILB next to Ellerbe, we don't need much from our NT. Just someone who's not on roller skates.
    FWIW...Williams supposedly benches 600lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Are you guys sure about Amerson at FS? I just watched his tape vs. UCONN and Clemson, and wasn't really impressed with his tackeling ability...
    That is the big question in my mind, he looks to be even worse than Reed has been in the past few years. He also needs to add muscle. However, he is a ballhawk who I think has the potential to be a big impact player at safety. I also think he will be there in the third round because of a bad 40 time which would make him a great value pick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With Ngata and McPhee pushing on his flanks, and a fresh, fast ILB next to Ellerbe, we don't need much from our NT. Just someone who's not on roller skates.
    FWIW...Williams supposedly benches 600lbs.
    There are so many potential options at 32. I really don't know what to think.

Matt Elam, Tavon Austin, Jesse Williams, Kevin Minter, etc...

Blog Entries

Would you guys be interested in signing Chris Canty? He could play DE, and Ngata could slide over to NT where he could be a force, with less snaps too to keep him fresher.

Assuming we get a 3rd round comp for Grubbs, is there anyone out there worth offering a 3rd and 4th for...a la Boldin in 2010? We'd still have our comp 3rd and 4th to draft. I haven't researched it myself...