Page 200 of 333 FirstFirst ... 198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 2,389 to 2,400 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Anquan still provides value on the outside. If Jones is gone, IMO I'd be all over Austin. I see star potential, for Austin to be the better version of Percy Harin, hopefully without the injury issues.
    Huge Austin fan as well. I think he would really add the elite "quickness" aspect to our WR group...no other WR that we have really has that elite short area quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I am starting to think this may be a great option if we miss out on Matt Elam. He will be available in the 2nd and possibly even the third round if he runs a slow 40 as projected. He seems like a natural fit at free safety with his ball skills and is really good at off man coverage and zone. Amerson also played safety in high school so he will not be out of his element.
    I'm really warming up to Amerson as well as a safety. I think he has elite ball skills...terrific ball skills as well as size for the position. He will be a much better safety than CB.

Assuming Vaccaro goes before we pick, he is my second favorite safety behind Elam for what we need IMHO (I still like Rambo as well).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I don't see why many ppl are jumping off of the Teo bandwagon. He had one bad game. He was constantly in position to make plays but just missed tackles. I'm willing to believe Bama's superior offensive line had a lot to do with that. I hope he keeps falling right to 32 and Ozzie takes him. As a matter of fact, I hope he bombs the combine. Film doesn't lie and this guy is exceptional on film.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

One thing I don't like about Amerson is he is not a good tackler and that gets exposed more at safety. He likes to lower his head and has trouble brining ball carriers down. He would also need to add some muscle to his frame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Does anyone think we could find a spot for Barret Jones on the team? If we trade back into the 2nd, (Which a lot of teams who hold the #32 pick usually do), I feel like we could take him with our early 2nd pick. This adds a pro-lineman who can play a majority of the positions on the o-line and will work his butt off doing it. At the stage were at, we want to add pieces to fit the puzzle IMO. Jones does perfectly.
    Do you see him as a Center or Guard in the NFL?

Blog Entries

I love Boldin but imagine this offense with Torrey and Jacoby split out with Tavon Austin in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    I don't see why many ppl are jumping off of the Teo bandwagon. He had one bad game. He was constantly in position to make plays but just missed tackles. I'm willing to believe Bama's superior offensive line had a lot to do with that. I hope he keeps falling right to 32 and Ozzie takes him. As a matter of fact, I hope he bombs the combine. Film doesn't lie and this guy is exceptional on film.

FWIW...I was never on it.

Blog Entries

He looked like absolute garbage in the National Championship, and he'll have to play against better linemen in the NFL.

I've never been a fan of Teo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I love Boldin but imagine this offense with Torrey and Jacoby split out with Tavon Austin in the slot.
    How about this "spread the field" receiving corps in 2014: Pitta, Torrey, Streeter, Austin and <enter a 6'6 TE from the 2013 draft>. Good Lord.

Damn...I just fell out of my chair!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    How about this "spread the field" receiving corps in 2014: Pitta, Torrey, Streeter, Austin and <enter a 6'6 TE from the 2013 draft>. Good Lord.

Damn...I just fell out of my chair!
    That would be nasty. I really hope Streeter develops.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Do you see him as a Center or Guard in the NFL?
    You can make the argument for tackle as well. With our current cap situation, it would be smart to draft a player who can start at multiple positions. With Birk likely gone, wouldn't you want some competition for Gradkowski? Also, we don't know if we'll have the money to lock-up Oher. If that's the case, than I can see Jones playing RT. Heck, he even played LT well. Not sure if he could play LT in the NFL, but I can't see why you wouldn't take him in the Late 1st/Early 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He looked like absolute garbage in the National Championship, and he'll have to play against better linemen in the NFL.

I've never been a fan of Teo.
    Well, in his defense, I'm pretty sure all of Bama's linemen will eventually be drafted in rounds 1-3. They are that good. I just think the more tape we watch, the more flaws we look for. The guy had one bad game. There's a reason guys like Suggs and Reed fall in the draft. At this time last year we would've done flips for this guy. Suddenly, one bad game later, and he's average. I think the more film ppl watch and the higher his stock goes up.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Well, in his defense, I'm pretty sure all of Bama's linemen will eventually be drafted in rounds 1-3. They are that good. I just think the more tape we watch, the more flaws we look for. The guy had one bad game. There's a reason guys like Suggs and Reed fall in the draft. At this time last year we would've done flips for this guy. Suddenly, one bad game later, and he's average. I think the more film ppl watch and the higher his stock goes up.
    and if you honestly believe his side of the story, which IMO, is looking more likely, then he JUST found out his dead girlfriend was a hoax a few days before that game. I start to take that game with a small grain of salt as well, as his head likely was whacked...