Page 197 of 333 FirstFirst ... 195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 2,353 to 2,364 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    There is your problem.. Bleacher Report. That site is a joke.
    Oh, it's not my problem. I know it's a joke. I was just saying what a joke it is. At the very least, any mock draft should have draftable players.

We really lucked out that the draft seems to be a lot deeper at Ozzie's part of the team that he wants to upgrade...a lot of DT's, LB's and S's compared to other years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We really lucked out that the draft seems to be a lot deeper at Ozzie's part of the team that he wants to upgrade...a lot of DT's, LB's and S's compared to other years.

That's the power of the Wizard.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

It gives the Ravens some needed flexibility to go after BPA while at the same time filling a need. There are decent options in each of the first four rounds for plug-in players.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Oh, it's not my problem. I know it's a joke. I was just saying what a joke it is. At the very least, any mock draft should have draftable players.
    From what I've read a lot of teams will only draft draftable players.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    From what I've read a lot of teams will only draft draftable players.
    Then you didn't read the mock draft to which I was referring.

Haha!
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

What about Jermon Bushrod? He's somewhat a "local" guy and was pretty good for Brees last year if I remember correctly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I just read one of the worst mock drafts ever on Bleacher Report, dated February 8. It has the Ravens taking Shayne Skov (LB, Stanford) in the 2nd round. If I'm not mistaken, Skov declared in January that he was returning to Stanford for another year.
    He did.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    What about Jermon Bushrod? He's somewhat a "local" guy and was pretty good for Brees last year if I remember correctly.
    Ehhh...Oher is really no better.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    He's a pretty classic case of a LT who is made to look a lot better than he is due to the QB moving in the pocket and getting rid of the ball quick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

He's a pretty classic case of a LT who is made to look a lot better than he is due to the QB moving in the pocket and getting rid of the ball quick.
    :word