Page 196 of 333 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,352 of 3987
  1. #2341
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Bailey was on Torrey Smith and San Fran's secondary was torched late in the year.
    Yeah, like by your boy Greg Jennings?

    Bailey is a horrible example, mainly because he had a HORRIBLE game against us, you could say that he was the worse corner on the field that day. Chris Harris the other corner, had a fantastic year, and was beaten over the middle by Boldin in the 2nd half quite a lot.




  2. #2342
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,217
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just another example of just how underrated Boldin is, and how people are obsessed with 40 times and speed.
    Who said anything about that?

    Dude, stop getting defensive when people disagree with you.

    Boldin is a fantastic receiver in his own right, but James Jones is a lot faster than he is. I dont think Jones could ever be as effective as a slot guy like Boldin is. Just two different skill sets.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #2343
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,217
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton, and Jordan Matthews just to name a few.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Jordan Matthews returned to school
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_all-sec.html[/QUOTE]

    Bummer.

    He could be a good one.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #2344
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who said anything about that?

    Dude, stop getting defensive when people disagree with you.

    Boldin is a fantastic receiver in his own right, but James Jones is a lot faster than he is. I dont think Jones could ever be as effective as a slot guy like Boldin is. Just two different skill sets.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Don't see how I'm getting defensive, just making sure people don't overlook just how great Boldin was in our superbowl run.




  5. #2345
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,217
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

    Don't see how I'm getting defensive, just making sure people don't overlook just how great Boldin was in our superbowl run.
    Well, of course he was. Dont think anyone is saying that he wasnt.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #2346
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, of course he was. Dont think anyone is saying that he wasnt.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

    Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.




  7. #2347

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

    Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.
    If Boldin were on the Packers he'd be the #5 receiver. Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb would all play ahead of him. Are you seriously disputing that on the back of the fact that Greg Jennings wasn't that great against San Francisco in one game this year? This is a question of who's a better player overall right now, and you can't make that statement on the back of one game.

    From top to bottom, what NFL team has a better group of wide receivers than the Packers? Seriously, answer that question, and give me 5 since you said they're "not even top 5." The Falcons have a good 1-2 punch for sure, and Julio Jones has the potential to be a top 5 receiver in the league, but the Packers go 4 deep. The Falcons have nothing outside of their top 2 guys and they're really shot if Tony Gonzalez retires. I'm also not sure how much longer Roddy White is going to stay good, while the Packers have 3 guys who are all elite and all 28 or younger.

    And finally, nobody's trying to denigrate Anquan Boldin. He had a monster run in the playoffs, one of the best runs any WR has had in many years frankly. But is he going to dominate the league next year all year long? I kinda doubt it. I want him to stick around as much as anybody but he's no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or even Andre Johnson.




  8. #2348
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,217
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

    And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

    Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.
    Who was putting Finley up there with Gronk?

    I will say that Finley is ridiculously athletic. He is basically a wide receiver in a 250lb body. However, he is very inconsistent. Bad hands. Bad routes.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #2349
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,217
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

    If Boldin were on the Packers he'd be the #5 receiver. Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb would all play ahead of him. Are you seriously disputing that on the back of the fact that Greg Jennings wasn't that great against San Francisco in one game this year? This is a question of who's a better player overall right now, and you can't make that statement on the back of one game.

    From top to bottom, what NFL team has a better group of wide receivers than the Packers? Seriously, answer that question, and give me 5 since you said they're "not even top 5." The Falcons have a good 1-2 punch for sure, and Julio Jones has the potential to be a top 5 receiver in the league, but the Packers go 4 deep. The Falcons have nothing outside of their top 2 guys and they're really shot if Tony Gonzalez retires. I'm also not sure how much longer Roddy White is going to stay good, while the Packers have 3 guys who are all elite and all 28 or younger.

    And finally, nobody's trying to denigrate Anquan Boldin. He had a monster run in the playoffs, one of the best runs any WR has had in many years frankly. But is he going to dominate the league next year all year long? I kinda doubt it. I want him to stick around as much as anybody but he's no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or even Andre Johnson.
    He is a good fit for this team though. Especially as the slot.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #2350
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,058

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I just read one of the worst mock drafts ever on Bleacher Report, dated February 8. It has the Ravens taking Shayne Skov (LB, Stanford) in the 2nd round. If I'm not mistaken, Skov declared in January that he was returning to Stanford for another year.




  11. #2351
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,918
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I just read one of the worst mock drafts ever on Bleacher Report, dated February 8. It has the Ravens taking Shayne Skov (LB, Stanford) in the 2nd round. If I'm not mistaken, Skov declared in January that he was returning to Stanford for another year.
    There is your problem.. Bleacher Report. That site is a joke.




  12. #2352
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Bleacher Report: The anus of the sports media body.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland