Page 195 of 333 FirstFirst ... 193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,329 to 2,340 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So Flacco is the 5th best QB in football and Boldin has 4 TD's, but (James Jones who is worse) gets 14TD's from Rogers, my guess is your #1 QB. Soemthing doesn't compute. You can mak the argument they are similar level players at this moment, but to say for sure that Boldin is better is kind of strange, especially considering you new found love of Flacco.
    Flacco is a very similar player to Rogers, this isn't about who is better between Flacco and Rogers though. Green Bay runs a very WR friendly system, they are open all the time, and Rogers is good enough to consistently deliver great balls to them, Flacco can do that too, but the WHOLE Ravens offense (even including the running backs and Oline) have clearly been held back by a 1970 style AC offense ran by Cam Cameron. Its funny how Boldin starts blowing up catching all those TDs at such a high rate when Caldwell steps in, and Flacco suddenly becomes a top 5 QB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post

I feel the same way. I think the Ravens, even with Ray Lewis and possibly Ed Reed gone, have one of if not the best locker rooms in the NFL. When players come here they never want to leave. The latest examples are Boldin, Graham, and Jacoby. They were able to set Jimmy Smith straight and I think they could set Rogers straight as well. If they could it would be a huge steal.
    Jimmy Smith got in trouble for underage drinking. In the grand scheme of things, not that big of a deal.

Rodgers has failed multiple drug tests, multiple violator of team rules, and admitted to continuing to use drugs.

Again, to get kicked off of any D1 program when you are the #1 receiver (and a star player) says a lot about your maturity level and ability to control yourself.

I like Rodgers the football player, but just because they drafted Jimmy doesnt mean they are going to draft guys with some pretty significant black marks on their collegiate record. This is also why I dont get the notion that the Ravens will draft Tyrann Mathieu in the 3rd round.

You cant field a team with choir boys. We know this. However, at some point you have to draw the line of who is a reasonable risk and who is just likely to act like a douche the second they get paid.

There are other receivers who are very good prospects and don't come with thw baggage that Rodgers does.

Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton, and Jordan Matthews just to name a few.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does Aaron Rogers really have that many weapons? He has a lot of depth at WR and a lot of talented players, but I wouldn't say any of them are individually really great players, not even Greg Jennings. If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy, I'm pretty happy with what we have at WR right now. If anything, we need a better TE to go with Pitta.
    Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, and Greg Jennings would all be number 1 receivers on practically any other team.

That's a lot of depth any way you cut it.

Boldin is better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones, comon man. Nelson drops so many balls, and Jennings is overrated, Rogers is just THAT good.

If we had Caldwell calling the plays since Boldin got here, I think your opinion would have been way different. Boldin would have had three consecutive 1k seasons.
    Sometimes you really go off into your own world, dude. Anquan Boldin might not even make the Packers' roster at WR. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Randall Cobb are all WAY better than poor ol' Quan, as good as he is... he's just not as talented as those guys. It's not even close.

I do agree with you though that investing in the trenches is always a good idea. Aaron Rodgers has the best receiving weapons in the league, but because of how bad the Packers' OL was this year they were never really able to get their offense up and running at a consistently dominant level. To really be an elite offense you need dangerous weapons, an elite QB, AND a solid OL. People forget how good the Rams' OL was when they were setting all kinds of record in 99-01, and Brady's OL has been pretty the best in the league over the last decade.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm with solo on this, I wouldn't touch him in the first or second round. Maybe I'd consider Rodgers in the 3rd round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Sometimes you really go off into your own world, dude. Anquan Boldin might not even make the Packers' roster at WR. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Randall Cobb are all WAY better than poor ol' Quan, as good as he is... he's just not as talented as those guys. It's not even close.

I do agree with you though that investing in the trenches is always a good idea. Aaron Rodgers has the best receiving weapons in the league, but because of how bad the Packers' OL was this year they were never really able to get their offense up and running at a consistently dominant level. To really be an elite offense you need dangerous weapons, an elite QB, AND a solid OL. People forget how good the Rams' OL was when they were setting all kinds of record in 99-01, and Brady's OL has been pretty the best in the league over the last decade.
    Wow, for real? I wouldn't even put GB receivers in the top 5, Matt Ryan has the best receiving core in the league, its not even close.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

So Flacco is the 5th best QB in football and Boldin has 4 TD's, but (James Jones who is worse) gets 14TD's from Rogers, my guess is your #1 QB. Soemthing doesn't compute. You can mak the argument they are similar level players at this moment, but to say for sure that Boldin is better is kind of strange, especially considering you new found love of Flacco.
    James Jones and Boldin have similar builds, but Jones is way more of a deep threat than Boldin is. Jones also does well on the outside whereas Boldin's bread and butter is in the slot.

Very different players.

Blog Entries

Just another example of just how underrated Boldin is, and how people are obsessed with 40 times and speed.

Leach, i think you're drinking the Boldin koolaid from the playoffs a little too much. Boldin did not face any great cornerbacks in the playoffs, only Talib who left the game early. Talib was winning against Boldin up to that point. Boldin can be shut down too easily, especially by good press corners.

Blog Entries

Yeah funny that because the same Greg Jennings who everyone seems to love here had 6 receptions, 54 yards, and one TD. Boldin had 6 receptions for 103 yards, and a TD in the superbowl against the same corners. SF and Denver had some pretty good corners this year btw.

And once again, had we had more consistent and better play calling since 2010, I firmly believe that Boldin would have had 3 consecutive 1k yard seasons here, which would have changed the tune of many people on this board. Had he not sat out the Cincy game, he would have likely eclipsed that mark anyway.

Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton, and Jordan Matthews just to name a few.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner[/QUOTE]

Jordan Matthews returned to school
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_all-sec.html

Yeah funny that because the same Greg Jennings who everyone seems to love here had 6 receptions, 54 yards, and one TD. Boldin had 6 receptions for 103 yards, and a TD in the superbowl against the same corners. SF and Denver had some pretty good corners this year btw.
    Bailey was on Torrey Smith and San Fran's secondary was torched late in the year.