Page 192 of 333 FirstFirst ... 190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 2,293 to 2,304 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Agreed, that's why you will see bulked up larger Safeties playing LB in the extremely near future. That will be the trend as well as average speed good cover corners swithing to Safety. They have gotten rid of the lower the boom hard punishing Safety position with this defenseless WR call. Better coverage and speed on the back end in the trend.
    This, i think starting this year you'll see the tweeners start to more of a look. I've been saying for a while i think the nickel LB is about to become a more coveted position. Hopefully we add a starting caliber ILB and at least one nickel LB type in this draft.

What's the scouting reports on

Jesse Williams DT
    DJ. Fluker RT
    A. Ogletree.

Thanks. Where are they projected to go in draft?

We have a nickel LB: Bernard Pollard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    What's the scouting reports on

Jesse Williams DT
    DJ. Fluker RT
    A. Ogletree.

Thanks. Where are they projected to go in draft?
    Williams is probably my favorite out of this bunch, but I like Ogletree's upside a lot.

With Williams you are getting a pretty athletic big man (6'4" 320-330lbs) who can play NT or DT in a 3-4. I think he needs to work on becoming a better pass rusher, but the kid is ridiculously strong at the point of attack. I would comfortably say he is a solid 2nd rounder.

Fluker is huge and has an incredible wing span, but doesnt have good footwork as a pass blocker. He is a hell of a run blocker though. I think a lot of teams are going to plug him into a RT position since that is where he played at Alabama, but frankly I think guard is his best position. Some team desperate for an OL'man could take him in round 1, but I think a mid 2nd to mid 3rd is probably more accurate.

Regarding Ogletree, the guy is athletic as hell and he is very good in coverage. That is largely because he was a safety until I believe his sophomore year at Georgia when they dropped him down to LB. The big knock against him is that sometimes he shies away from blockers and rather than stuffing the hole, he will try to run around blockers and make a play from behind. That can work in college. Not in the NFL, though. I can't see him sliding out of round 1, but if he does it will only be a few spots into the second round.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Devonte Holloman is another safety converted to LB that os an interesting prospect.

South Carolina. He was a SS and played a hybrid SS/Olb last year. He exclusively played ILB this year. He is 6'2" and around 243-246lbs. Big hitter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Does anyone think it's possible we might look at a way to offload Ray Rice's contract? His fumbling issues in the playoffs have been concerning, and I think Pierce could very well be starter quality.
    No.

Some Chad Bumphis tape finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OQxj_3U9dRY

Reckon I need to look for some "all snaps" <SEC defensive stud> tape vs. Miss State's offense, so that I can see more of Bumphis.
    I like his post catch elusiveness at 5'11 200lbs. Reportedly, he can truck a sub 4.5 as well. Steve Smith measureables, I'd say, but Bumphis would be a slot guy.

Blog Entries

I laugh at people wanting to cut Rice without understanding the cap implications, and forgetting what he's done for this team.

4th and 29??

What's the status of RayRay Armstrong? He was very well regarded as a player at Miami a couple of years ago, then dismissed and enrolled at something called Faulkner University (NAIA), declared ineligible there and now.....?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson said we could be 5 million over the cap now, maybe it was him who told Shefter that. I really don't understand where that figure is coming from, Ravor pretty much broke everything down. Are people reading Ravors cap estimation articles and misreading it or something? He clearly says 5 million UNDER the cap, not OVER.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    What's the status of RayRay Armstrong? He was very well regarded as a player at Miami a couple of years ago, then dismissed and enrolled at something called Faulkner University (NAIA), declared ineligible there and now.....?
    He won't be drafted.

However, I'd definitely like to see him be a high priority UDFA.

I trade back for a second and fourth, draft jones, then trade out third our fourth and sixth for an early second taking minter, then on our original second take Williams from Missouri.

With the fourth we traded for take chris Faulk potential left tackle from Lsu, with a fourth comp pick take a tight end like Escobar, with two fifth comps grab Mathieu, and some more oline depth.

With a sixth comp look maybe at some more bodies at linebacker, and then in the seventh take a fullback.

Great dline rotation of ngata, Williams, Cody, jones, McPhee, and art jones. Minter starts from day one alongside the resigned ellerbe.

Jones and boldin both extended cutting down their cap numbers. Reed resigned, McKinnie resigned on heavily incentive laden deal. Kruger is gone, Cary gone, leach cut, pitta and art jones RFA get long term deals reducing their number a bit as well.