Page 191 of 333 FirstFirst ... 189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,292 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Hey.....you never know.
    Seriously, he's the second coming of Jamal.

I think there are going to be five or six legitimate options at 32, and Ozzie will trade back into the top of the 2nd round, , knowing he'll still get one of those guys. That would enable him to move up again in the 2nd or 3rd and end up getting four picks between 40 and 90 resulting in getting the guys he needs.

Blog Entries

Ray was also an undersized ILB.
    I dont know why folks are claiming Minter is undersized.

He's 6'2"/6'3" and 240-245lbs.

My guess is he'll weigh in around 6'1" - 6'2" and 238-242lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Minter has a really big frame, I too don't understand this "undersize" issue. Height isn't really an issue for a ILB either, 6'1 is more than good enough. Its not like we're talking about OL here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah loves Minter, says when he was scouting here they focus on 3 things with LB's 1. speed 2. toughness 3. instincts and Minter fits the bill. Talks about the Florida game being essentially a Minter highlight reel, which it was, he was tremendous in that game.
    I watched that game. I was thinking, damn he would look good in a Ravens uniform next year!

Ray was also an undersized ILB.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know why folks are claiming Minter is undersized.

He's 6'2"/6'3" and 240-245lbs.

My guess is he'll weigh in around 6'1" - 6'2" and 238-242lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Minter has a really big frame, I too don't understand this "undersize" issue. Height isn't really an issue for a ILB either, 6'1 is more than good enough. Its not like we're talking about OL here.
    I've never read or heard anybody say he was undersized...who was saying that?

I don't really care...all of the guys I want weigh between 230-240...Hodges, Brown, Greene etc.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I've never read or heard anybody say he was undersized...who was saying that?

I don't really care...all of the guys I want weigh between 230-240...Hodges, Brown, Greene etc.
    Size is overrated for his position anyway, it's about explosiveness, speed, moves, power, balance and instincts(IQ).

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Size is overrated for his position anyway, it's about explosiveness, speed, moves, power, balance and instincts(IQ).
    With teams copying the New England model of two TEs, linebackers had better be fast. Otherwise, nobody will contain a good two TE offense. The TEs coming out of college, plus the good ones in the league already, are just too big and fast.

Speed at LB please...and let us double-up this draft while we're at it.

Does anyone think it's possible we might look at a way to offload Ray Rice's contract? His fumbling issues in the playoffs have been concerning, and I think Pierce could very well be starter quality.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    With teams copying the New England model of two TEs, linebackers had better be fast. Otherwise, nobody will contain a good two TE offense. The TEs coming out of college, plus the good ones in the league already, are just too big and fast.
    Agreed, that's why you will see bulked up larger Safeties playing LB in the extremely near future. That will be the trend as well as average speed good cover corners swithing to Safety. They have gotten rid of the lower the boom hard punishing Safety position with this defenseless WR call. Better coverage and speed on the back end in the trend.

12. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Does anyone think it's possible we might look at a way to offload Ray Rice's contract? His fumbling issues in the playoffs have been concerning, and I think Pierce could very well be starter quality.
    This would be a good idea in a vacuum, but I just cant see it happening. The Ravens aren't going to cut Rice for the same reason they signed him in the first place. It is folly to pay any RB 8 mill a year save maybe AP. But it would kill team morale to ditch a team leader in his prime. They've always rewarded their star players.