Page 183 of 333 FirstFirst ... 181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,185 to 2,196 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Uhh...pretty sure he was starting at LT when they won their last SB...

I could be wrong, but I though Diehl started most of the season and the post season at LT because Beatty was hurt...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Yeah but he sucked. Played guard this season and sucked there too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Uhh...pretty sure he was starting at LT when they won their last SB...

I could be wrong, but I though Diehl started most of the season and the post season at LT because Beatty was hurt...
    He was, and is part of the reason why people are saying LT isn't really an important position these days. He really isn't good. And to be honest, isn't that good anywhere on the line.

Blog Entries

How has Kiko Alonso out of Oregon not been mentioned here at all? I just watched a recording of the Fiesta bowl, and he was everywhere, the guy can cover, and blitz the A gap like a mad man, I would love him as a 3rd rounder, the guy had an outstanding year. I don't get how he doesn't get much recognition tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How has Kiko Alonso out of Oregon not been mentioned here at all? I just watched a recording of the Fiesta bowl, and he was everywhere, the guy can cover, and blitz the A gap like a mad man, I would love him as a 3rd rounder, the guy had an outstanding year. I don't get how he doesn't get much recognition tbh.
    I mentioned him as a possibility earlier on in the draft process but I believe he got hurt sometime before the Senior Bowl and wasn't able to practice or play. Hopefully he'll be 100% in time for the Combine. I definitely agree that he's a good player.

There are lots of guys projected in the 2nd-4th rounds that I think we should target at ILB. Alonso, Greene, Brown, AJ Klein, Reddick, Hodges, etc. all of them are good players that would probably be better "value" picks than say Te'o in the 1st.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I mentioned him as a possibility earlier on in the draft process but I believe he got hurt sometime before the Senior Bowl and wasn't able to practice or play. Hopefully he'll be 100% in time for the Combine. I definitely agree that he's a good player.

There are lots of guys projected in the 2nd-4th rounds that I think we should target at ILB. Alonso, Greene, Brown, AJ Klein, Reddick, Hodges, etc. all of them are good players that would probably be better "value" picks than say Te'o in the 1st.
    Well I think Alonso would give us something that quite frankly, Teo couldn't. Alonso is a very speedy LB and can drop back into coverage, I'm not sure if Teo can do that as well, and if we could wait for the 3rd/4th round to pick Alonso up, then its better value.

Alonso had alcoholism issues earlier in his college career, may explain why he's not talked about as much.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Yeah i've slept on Alonso a bit but i'd be happy with him in the 3rd or 4th, good call Leach. All the guys you named would represent good value in rounds 2 to 4. Alonso is a guy i wanna see test because i think as long as he shows well in that regard he's shown his versatilty. He's a good blitzer, physical, flies to the football and has shown he can cover backs out of the back field and drop into zone.

7. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

As far as ILB, I don't know if I'd have a problem going with Ellerbe/McClain to start the season. Obviously, the FO thought highly enough of Jameel to pay him, and hopefully they'll lock up Ellerbe as well, he pretty much saved the SB for us with Ray getting beaten like a drum by Vernon Davis.

I absolutely feel an interior line of KO, Gino, Yanda could be supremely dominant if Gino can take this offseason, put on a couple lbs of muscle. I think Juan Castillo can have this line playing in beast mode next year.

Watching Alonso vs. USC this past season right now, he's very smooth and comfortable in coverage. Looks lighter then 242 though. Not really seeing alot of him between the tackles in this tape, Leach is there another game i should turn my attention to?

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ozzie newsome said team doesn't intend to restructure contracts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Interesting. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he's telling the truth or just sending a message to any agents looking to get a new deal for their clients.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Um. Ok...

Bring on the "new look" Ravens!

iggyman555 Guest

Ozzie newsome on biggest needs mentioned the middle of the defense needs to be concentrated on