Page 179 of 333 FirstFirst ... 177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,137 to 2,148 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Well Manti Te'o will likely be available when the Ravens pick. Heck, he might be available when the Ravens pick in the second round. Anyone still interested?
    I'd take him at #32. Good value at that spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Lots of people started pegging him as a guard-maybe-RT...
    That's exactly what happened. All we heard was how bad his feet were and how he could never play LT in the NFL. Marcus McNeil dropped even further because of the same thing. Makes you wonder how good the Alabama tackle can really be

Blog Entries

I'd take him at 32, but it will be annoying to hear constant shit talk from other fans about the GF hoax and all that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hopkins' 2012 productivity was incredible, but when I look at his "all-targets" film across six games, there's no element of his game that stands out to me. To me, Hopkins in 2013 would be slower but with better hands and in some cases better routes than Torrey in 2011.

Looking at Allen (size, speed and athleticism), Patton (feet and routes), Studman (routes and hands), Austin (speed, unique quickness, unique vision), Patterson (size and unique YAC) and Wheaton (speed and routes), I know that I'm going to get someone who excels in a particular skill or two or three. Hopkins skill set is balanced, but without at least one aspect of excellence IMO, I'm struggling to project him as even a strong #2, let alone with the #1 projected value that a day 1 WR absolutely must demand...unless you are an all-around unique athlete like Tavon Austin.
    Hopkins runs better routes, has batter hands, and a larger catching radius than all of those guys.

He's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Hopkins runs better routes, has batter hands, and a larger catching radius than all of those guys.

He's a stud.
    Hacked by DeAndre Hopkins!

Routes => Studman, Wheaton
    Hands => Studman, Hopkins
    Radius => Allen, Patterson, Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We also have AT LEAST 3 more picks then roster spots available. No need to keep 11 picks, and IMO no need to keep Dickson.
    Cutting Dickson would mean drafting another TE. Fine, but that's one of your 11 picks gone in a player/position swap. So, do the Ravens have at least three more picks than roster spots? Perhaps, but trading all of those extra picks to move up so far to get one guy who is no slam dunk is a risky business and one that bad teams make a lot. It's probably better to use those extra picks (5th, 6ht, 7th rounders) to maneuver in a round to get a guy they like. For example, trading up seven spots in the 3rd (from 91 to 84) to get Bernard Pierce, costing just a 5th rounder. Or trading up from #26 to #23 to get Michael Oher, costing just a 5th rounder. But packaging a #1, #2, + #4 (that's what it would take at a minimum to move up from 32 to 18) to get a guy that might be a solution severely limits your ability to move in the draft. Eleven picks, yes, but you can only maneuver with seven of them. Four of them are untradable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hacked by DeAndre Hopkins!

Routes => Studman, Wheaton
    Hands => Studman, Hopkins
    Radius => Allen, Patterson, Hopkins
    By Studman, I assume you mean Stedman Bailey?

Blog Entries

New York Giants have released Ahmad Bradshaw per Shefter.

And Chris Canty

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    I believe cutting DT Chris Canty saves the Giants $6.5M in cap space. With Bradshaw's $2.75M and Boley's $4.5M, total savings is $13.75M.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Cutting Dickson would mean drafting another TE. Fine, but that's one of your 11 picks gone in a player/position swap. So, do the Ravens have at least three more picks than roster spots? Perhaps, but trading all of those extra picks to move up so far to get one guy who is no slam dunk is a risky business and one that bad teams make a lot. It's probably better to use those extra picks (5th, 6ht, 7th rounders) to maneuver in a round to get a guy they like. For example, trading up seven spots in the 3rd (from 91 to 84) to get Bernard Pierce, costing just a 5th rounder. Or trading up from #26 to #23 to get Michael Oher, costing just a 5th rounder. But packaging a #1, #2, + #4 (that's what it would take at a minimum to move up from 32 to 18) to get a guy that might be a solution severely limits your ability to move in the draft. Eleven picks, yes, but you can only maneuver with seven of them. Four of them are untradable.
    In general, yes I agree. basically my point is that THIS IS THE YEAR to be aggressive. Don't sit around and "hope" the guy we like falls to us, when the value is right, go up and GET HIM. If we get 5 solid players out of this draft it will be perfect. If we get 11 marginal players it will be a disaster.

Blog Entries

Anyone interested in Chris Canty?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    By Studman, I assume you mean Stedman Bailey?
    Yup. He's the one.