Page 17 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My wife's cousin goes to Alabama and the rumor around there is that Eddie Lacy and Dee Milliner are the only underclassmen thinking about entering the NFL draft.

That would mean CJ Mosley will stay for his senior year.

Crimson Tide Seniors: Barrett Jones, Damion Square, Jessie Williams, and Robert Lester.
    Rumor has Fluker is coming out as well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Rumor has Fluker is coming out as well
    Yea, he just said that the word down there is that Milliner was on the fence and Eddie Lacy is going to go because TJ Yeldon is probably going to be the feature back next year, not Lacy.

Fluker may come out, but he said he hasn't heard anything about anyone else except Mosley, who said that he was going to return for his senior year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    nah slick Ozzie believes in drafting low round tackles to play gaurds...:grbac:
    Ozzie offered him virtually the same deal as Philly offered, he chose to stay with the team that gave him a shot, nothing more could have been done. I really don't get how KO (second round pick), Jah Reid (third round pick) are "low round picks".

And if you go back to Yanda who played tackle in college, you can't complain with the way he's turned out. KO has had a good rookie year despite some mistakes here and there (PFF have him ranked as one of the best rookie OT's this year), and Jah Reid has only had 3 starts at guard, and is holding out well, I really don't understand the impatience with him. The real holes on the Oline is LT and C, not guard IMO.

Blog Entries

Guys, I'm sorry, but I'm just totally sold on Eric Fisher, and we should do everything we can to get him. IMO he won't go as high in the first round as you'd think, I reckon we have a very realistic chance of landing our franchise LT if we're picking around 25/26 range. At this point, I prefer Mario Benevides to Barret Jones at center, Benevides is a tough nasty blocker that you don't fuck with. He kind of reminds me of a young Nick Hardwick.

These are just sample players we should aim for in each round IMO.

First round: Eric Fisher/Kenny Vaccaro/Barrett Jones/Jon Jenkins/Alec Ogletree

Second Round: Kevin Minter/Arthur Brown/Gerald Hodges.

Third round: Mario Benevides/Sean Porter/DJ Fluker/Jesse Williams/Baccari Rambo/Robert Lester

- Took CJ Moseley out in light of the news provided by Wicked.

That IMO will give us great value and will fill the biggest needs on this team.

The priority list.....

1. Oline (Mainly LT, and C)
    2. LB (ILB, but could do with another pass rusher)
    3. Safety (FS who can ballhawk, Reed could be gone)
    4. DL (NT needed, unless Haloti moves to NT)
    5. WR (Could do with another possession receiver, with Boldin ageing)
    6. CB (Could do with some extra depth at CB)
    7. TE (Need a big bad blocking TE who can also catch on 3rd downs to compliment Pitta)
    8. QB (This could be higher on the list depending on what happens with Flacco, but we also seriously need a back up QB too)
    9. RB (If we go RB, I'd like to see a big 230 lbs + back who can compliment Rice and Pierce. The back from Michigan is an option)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He looks faster because of the speedy offense that Clemson operate. He's another Kendall Wright IMO. Still a worth while prospect to look at with decent size. He's had a pretty decent QB throwing him the ball in college though, remember that.
    Well, Kendall Wright isn't exactly a slow receiver either. ;)

I get the comparison though.

Blog Entries

Guys, I'm sorry, but I'm just totally sold on Eric Fisher, and we should do everything we can to get him. IMO he won't go as high in the first round as you'd think, I reckon we have a very realistic chance of landing our franchise LT if we're picking around 25/26 range. At this point, I prefer Mario Benevides to Barret Jones at center, Benevides is a tough nasty blocker that you don't fuck with. He kind of reminds me of a young Nick Hardwick.

These are just sample players we should aim for in each round IMO.

First round: Eric Fisher/Kenny Vaccaro/Barrett Jones/Jon Jenkins/Alec Ogletree

Second Round: Kevin Minter/Arthur Brown/Gerald Hodges.

Third round: Mario Benevides/Sean Porter/DJ Fluker/Jesse Williams/Baccari Rambo/Robert Lester

- Took CJ Moseley out in light of the news provided by Wicked.

That IMO will give us great value and will fill the biggest needs on this team.

The priority list.....

1. Oline (Mainly LT, and C)
    2. LB (ILB, but could do with another pass rusher)
    3. Safety (FS who can ballhawk, Reed could be gone)
    4. DL (NT needed, unless Haloti moves to NT)
    5. WR (Could do with another possession receiver, with Boldin ageing)
    6. CB (Could do with some extra depth at CB)
    7. TE (Need a big bad blocking TE who can also catch on 3rd downs to compliment Pitta)
    8. QB (This could be higher on the list depending on what happens with Flacco, but we also seriously need a back up QB too)
    9. RB (If we go RB, I'd like to see a big 230 lbs + back who can compliment Rice and Pierce. The back from Michigan is an option)
    I disagree that a ballhawking safety is a top priority.
    #1 - we don't know what Christian Thompson is really capable of yet.
    #2 - we don't know how someone like Emmanuel Cook (whom they really like) would be able to contribute.
    #3 - a healthy Webb completely changes the dynamic within the secondary.

So, I do think that it should be higher on their list than say...a TE or something, but getting a ballhawking safety is more of a luxury than a necessity (IMO). At this point, I think that fixing the front 7 should be much more of a concern, because if your front 7 is powerful then the secondary is going to look a lot better.

I also think that Jah Reid has done a nice job at LG. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I do think that this team can win in spite of Oher's time-to-time lackluster play at LT. However, if someone like Eric Fisher, Taylor Lewan, or Jake Matthews are there when they pick, I think they'd strongly consider it.

At this point, the top priority should be linebacker, DL, and pass rusher because all three of those defensive positions are really lacking. Teams can run all day on the Ravens and teams are tearing up the middle of the field because the current group of linebackers can't cover and no one can really get to the QB consistently.

The offense can - and has - hung points on teams, but the D constantly lets them back in it and can't get off the field.

I have a feeling next year's O-line will look like this:

Oher-Reid-Gradkowski-Yanda-KO

This is a pretty solid group of young guys. IMO, we really need to continue this youth movement. Birk is done. Time to bring the next man up. I also agree with what Wicked said, we need to re-load our front 7. You win games in the trenches, and I think we need to add some talent/depth up front.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I have a feeling next year's O-line will look like this:

Oher-Reid-Gradkowski-Yanda-KO

This is a pretty solid group of young guys. IMO, we really need to continue this youth movement. Birk is done. Time to bring the next man up. I also agree with what Wicked said, we need to re-load our front 7. You win games in the trenches, and I think we need to add some talent/depth up front.
    I don't think it is going to happen, but I would love to see them move into a 4-3 front. Several of us were talking about this and considering the number of undersized/athletic linebackers coming out of college, it seems to me that a 4-3 almost makes sense. You're not seeing too many guys that are 250-260lb inside linebackers coming out anymore. I think Jackson out of Western Kentucky may be the only one, and while he is very good, guys like Arthur Brown, Gerald Hodges, Khaseem Green, and Jelani Jenkins are a lot better across the board, but those guys are about 230lbs.

Blog Entries

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...tions-tracker/

Underclassmen who have declared:

QB's -
    None

RB -
    Knile Davis, Arkansas
    Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
    Giovanni Bernard, UNC

WR -
    Keenan Allen, California
    Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

TE -
    None

OL -
    None

DL -
    Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
    Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State
    Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

LB -
    None

CB -
    Tyrann Mathieu, Formerly LSU

FS/SS -
    None

ST's -
    None
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Regarding the whole "draft hierarchy of needs," I think we all might be very surprised by how good this team feels about their OL. They're sticking with Oher and he might look a lot better in a new offense with more short drops. Jah Reid is being given every opportunity to win the LG job outright. They love KO at RT at this point and I doubt he'll ever move inside.

The only real question mark in terms of starters is C and the team will decide if Gradkowski is the answer there. I DO expect them to select some offensive linemen to bolster our depth as we will likely lose 3 guys there this offseason (Birk, Williams, McKinnie), but don't forget they have 2 guys on the PS they think highly of in Jack Cornell and Antoine McClain.

I would honestly be surprised if they take an OL early simply because the top 4 OTs will likely all be taken in the top 25 picks and then beyond that there really aren't any great prospects. I would be shocked if the BPA at #27 is an OL, Barrett Jones IMO is really the only possibility and if he's there he certainly could be the pick.

I can't reiterate enough how I think this team has NO other choice but to go out and grab a blue chip FA defensive player, whether that be on the DL, LB, or S. Even if they do that this is a defensive draft IMO with a few offensive linemen and perhaps a WR. Given the Ravens' needs and my overall big board I am 90% confident the Ravens will be grabbing a blue-chip defensive player in the first round no matter what they do in FA... that's just the way this draft looks.

Targets at #27 I would think would include these guys: Kenny Vaccaro, John Jenkins, Matt Elam, Alec Ogletree, and Barrett Jones. I think the most likely picks are LB and S. The talent at safety in this draft is really really good and the team has no depth at the position and no starter at FS next year. Christian Thompson and Emanuel Cook are depth/ST guys and Cook is a FA next year anyway.

There is NO WAY the team goes into 2013 with this depth chart: SS Pollard/???? FS Thompson/O. Brown. They WILL either draft a safety early or sign a FA. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think it is going to happen, but I would love to see them move into a 4-3 front. Several of us were talking about this and considering the number of undersized/athletic linebackers coming out of college, it seems to me that a 4-3 almost makes sense. You're not seeing too many guys that are 250-260lb inside linebackers coming out anymore. I think Jackson out of Western Kentucky may be the only one, and while he is very good, guys like Arthur Brown, Gerald Hodges, Khaseem Green, and Jelani Jenkins are a lot better across the board, but those guys are about 230lbs.
    If they did switch, we would need a lot more 4-3 LB's. Also, who would play opposite Suggs? I know McPhee bulked up to play 3-4 DE, but maybe he could shed some weight if we switched back to being a 4-3 DE.

DE: Suggs/McLellan
    DT: Jones/Tyson
    NT: Ngata/Cody
    DE: McPhee/Upshaw

OLB: Ellerbe
    MLB: Ray/Bynes
    OLB: McClain

and Jah Reid has only had 3 starts at guard, and is holding out well, I really don't understand the impatience with him. The real holes on the Oline is LT and C, not guard IMO.
    If Jah could cut out the penalties, he'd be having a solid campaign. He's another guy that I hope can rise up with an injury free OS.